Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: , 'twas things you implied already happened to Lizzy. So no, I didn't do anything to her, unless you count my over-active imagination, fueled by reading too much science & history...

The inside of Elizabeth's forearm was covered with many tiny, superficial wounds, as well as multiple minor burns in the shape of rings. Both were consistent with the common medical practice of bloodletting -- but done to an extreme. Charlotte, growing up with the Bears of Grizzleheim, knew that sometimes bloodletting was considered a useful and helpful thing. It was believed to lessen the hot 'humors' that were upsetting the body balance and causing illness, though the harsher technique of hot cupping was generally frowned upon. The Armada practitioners, however, had been anything but gentle, and had drawn blood multiple times. Why? Had this had something to do with how they managed to create Elizabeth's double? But how had they managed to make such a thing?

Charlotte looked into Elizabeth's face, questions bubbling to her lips -- and let the questions die. No. She did not need to know. Elizabeth might have to give all the information she could to someone who could make use of it -- Marleybonean Intelligence, perhaps, but that was one ordeal that could be put off until absolutely necessary.

"Good thing I have an excellent supply of Yum salve," Charlotte managed to say lightly, and as she spread the healing cream over Elizabeth's skin, the marks healed and faded away entirely. The cut of earlier too was dealt with. Elizabeth's strength could not long hold out with the gentle treatment and the sheer relief, and began to cry into Charlotte's shoulder. Charlotte just held her, missing her little Bear foster brothers and sisters whom she often comforted after quarrels or distress.

After Elizabeth drank the Yum juice as well, it was plain her eyes could barely hold themselves open. Charlotte rubbed her eyes tiredly. It had been an exhausting set of days. But it was not over yet. She needed to confer with Kiera, Matthew, Scarlet, Emma -- the other pirate captains, about what to do with the Armada spy.

However, when she encountered Emma and found that Kiera had gone to sleep, Charlotte decided that really was an excellent idea. In just a few minutes she had tumbled into her upper bunk and very soon joined Elizabeth and Kiera in slumber.
OOC: What are the odds that I forgot about Elizabeth's severe burn? My bad lol. Yes, I would imagine that would be exactly what would be on Lizzy's burned arm, excellent description of that. I've got a rather surprising plan up my sleeve for Clockwork Lizzy, it's just a matter of when 'morning' comes. I'll wait until somebody else says that they all wake up and then it's morning, then I'll do my surprise. I'm hoping this cue will come from you?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: What are the odds that I forgot about Elizabeth's severe burn? My bad lol. Yes, I would imagine that would be exactly what would be on Lizzy's burned arm, excellent description of that. I've got a rather surprising plan up my sleeve for Clockwork Lizzy, it's just a matter of when 'morning' comes. I'll wait until somebody else says that they all wake up and then it's morning, then I'll do my surprise. I'm hoping this cue will come from you?
OOC: technically, the burns from the technique of hot cupping should be mild and not severe (although, this is the Armada we are talking about), unless you were talking about the burn from the stun shot the fake Lizzy gave you? Yeah, that would be healed too. Incidentally, that was a surprisingly hard sequence to write... the first time, nope, too scary... then, no, still too nasty... um, still too descriptive...
And as for your plan, Ooo I can't wait! So unless the others have nighttime ideas, I am going to do as you suggest, since otherwise I will die of curiosity! (My most fatal flaw)

Charlotte woke suddenly, her heart pounding. The grey light below decks indicated that dawn had come. She listened, but everything was peaceful. Must have been just a bad dream, she reflected, climbing down from the top bunk. Not surprising, what with facing their most feared enemies within enemy territory over the past few days. She glanced over at Lizzy, who appeared to be still sleeping peacefully, and quickly got dressed, reviewing in her mind what she wished to discuss with the other captains. Charlotte planned to suggest that they turn over the Armada spy to Mr. M of Marleybonean Intelligence. The Marleyboneans could best use more intelligence about the Armada, and they would be the ones most capable of handing such a dangerous enemy. And they themselves would be safely rid of her. It.

Charlotte slid her hand anxiously through her black hair. If this plan was adopted, until they got to Marleybone skies, they needed to continue to act towards the spy as if they were uncertain if she was the true Elizabeth, to lull the spy into a false sense of security. But how? Charlotte's heart misgave her at being able to play such a role. After the last look she had exchanged with the spy, the full knowledge of what it was filled Charlotte with horror. She was afraid of it, afraid and repulsed, and not sure she could hide the fact.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Scarlet was now alone, sitting at the entrance to the brig. She had waited for a few minutes after Charlotte had taken the real Lizzie away leaving clockwork Lizzie behind. Scarlet had also noticed that while the real Lizzie had been comfortable enough walking close to the warded door to the clockwork's cell, clockwork Lizzie was staying as far away from that door as she could.

"Bien, Charlotte was correct about the real Lizzie." Scarlet thought, "now I only have to keep an eye on a strange new clockwork".

The darkened brig and swaying movements of the ship gave Scarlet an idea. Glancing towards clockwork Lizzie's cell, Scarlet leaned back against the ship's bulkhead and lowered her hat till the brim shaded her eyes. Unlike the other pirates, Scarlet was well experienced at preventing sleep. She had spent too much time studying nocturnal animals to fall asleep when she didn't want to. This was only a ploy to make clockwork Lizzie think nobody was actually watching her.

Scarlet couldn't see into the clockworks cell very well from where she was sitting, but she could see that clockwork Lizzie was staying away from the warded door. Scarlet could also hear that clockwork Lizzie was talking. It sounded like the clockwork was having a full one-sided conversation. It sounded like the clockwork was planning a surprise for morning.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: technically, the burns from the technique of hot cupping should be mild and not severe (although, this is the Armada we are talking about), unless you were talking about the burn from the stun shot the fake Lizzy gave you? Yeah, that would be healed too. Incidentally, that was a surprisingly hard sequence to write... the first time, nope, too scary... then, no, still too nasty... um, still too descriptive...
And as for your plan, Ooo I can't wait! So unless the others have nighttime ideas, I am going to do as you suggest, since otherwise I will die of curiosity! (My most fatal flaw)

Charlotte woke suddenly, her heart pounding. The grey light below decks indicated that dawn had come. She listened, but everything was peaceful. Must have been just a bad dream, she reflected, climbing down from the top bunk. Not surprising, what with facing their most feared enemies within enemy territory over the past few days. She glanced over at Lizzy, who appeared to be still sleeping peacefully, and quickly got dressed, reviewing in her mind what she wished to discuss with the other captains. Charlotte planned to suggest that they turn over the Armada spy to Mr. M of Marleybonean Intelligence. The Marleyboneans could best use more intelligence about the Armada, and they would be the ones most capable of handing such a dangerous enemy. And they themselves would be safely rid of her. It.

Charlotte slid her hand anxiously through her black hair. If this plan was adopted, until they got to Marleybone skies, they needed to continue to act towards the spy as if they were uncertain if she was the true Elizabeth, to lull the spy into a false sense of security. But how? Charlotte's heart misgave her at being able to play such a role. After the last look she had exchanged with the spy, the full knowledge of what it was filled Charlotte with horror. She was afraid of it, afraid and repulsed, and not sure she could hide the fact.
OOC: When her parents died, the ship caught on fire and she got a burn on her left arm, the one that they did the tests on, the one that Charlotte saw. She's got a major burn on her left arm and usually hides it with many layers, so it makes sense that Charlotte would be absolutely horrified if she saw Lizzy's arm. I would, for Pete's sake, and I'm not very easily scared. XD Don't ask my friends about that...
Btw, I need to wait for the whole crew to wake up before I can do this. It's gonna be something pretty startling that might change the plot again (but not as much, don't worry) and I feel that it would be a little more shocking to have the whole crew see rather than just Scarlet or Charlotte telling Keira "Hey, you wouldn't believe what Clockwork Lizzy did!" So I really hope you don't mind waiting a little longer.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
OOC: When her parents died, the ship caught on fire and she got a burn on her left arm, the one that they did the tests on, the one that Charlotte saw. She's got a major burn on her left arm and usually hides it with many layers, so it makes sense that Charlotte would be absolutely horrified if she saw Lizzy's arm. I would, for Pete's sake, and I'm not very easily scared. XD Don't ask my friends about that...
Btw, I need to wait for the whole crew to wake up before I can do this. It's gonna be something pretty startling that might change the plot again (but not as much, don't worry) and I feel that it would be a little more shocking to have the whole crew see rather than just Scarlet or Charlotte telling Keira "Hey, you wouldn't believe what Clockwork Lizzy did!" So I really hope you don't mind waiting a little longer.
(OOC: dying, dying of curiosity here . But the pirate captains have to have their meeting together anyway...)

The problem now remained: what to do with the Armada spy? The pirate captains met together in Kiera's private cabin, Egg Shen replacing Scarlet for guard duty [unless Scarlet says otherwise]. The spy was still given food and water in the morning as if she was a normal prisoner, to hopefully continue the pretense that they did not yet know who was the human girl.

"Kiera, if it is alright with you, I think you should assign a guard to Elizabeth, who is still sleeping at present, just for her safety. I can't imagine that the clockworks would be able to attack her right now, but I still get the feeling she is in danger." Or perhaps, we are in danger, Charlotte reflected. The vague sense she had was hardly definitive.

"Now, about the spy. My feeling is that we travel to the Westminster Skyway and hand it over to the Marleyboneans. I'm sure Special Branch would be very interested in this new technology the Armada has developed, and besides, the Marleyboneans need all the help that they can get to win the war. They could keep the spy secure far better than we are able to as well. What do you think?" Charlotte inquired, looking at Kiera, Matthew, Emma, and Scarlet.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
OOC:I don't really know if Scarlet does join the meeting right now, It would be a good idea so that she can tell the other captains about clockwork Lizzie's strange one-sided conversation. But leaving Scarlet standing guard could be interesting. If clockwork Lizzie tries to escape, I expect that Scarlet would make a very good attempt at stopping her, however, for the purposes of the story, Scarlet would probably not succeed in stopping clockwork Lizzie with her first attempt.

Previously in this thread, Elizabeth stated that Lizzie and Scarlet are old friends. Despite the fact that Elizabeth has said on other posts that she doesn't like this idea anymore, I actually do like the idea. Lizze spends a lot of time in libraries, and Scarlet's research often takes her to libraries as well so it would make sence that Scarlet and Lizzie have met in the past. The question is, how well does Lizzie know Scarlet? Does the clockwork Lizzie who share's the real Lizzie's memories know a lot about Scarlet or just a little? So far, Scarlet has been trying to not draw a lot of attention to her because she is unsure of how well the clockwork Lizzie knows her. Scarlet right now, doesn't know if Lizzie thinks of her simply as a scientific researcher/explorer, or if Lizzie also knows about Scarlet's past and her more piratical disposition and talents.
I should state here, because it might be useful for Elizabeth, that Scarlet's one major weakness is her protectviness towards her little sister (I don't think it's really a bad thing). Jenny is the most important thing in the spiral to Scarlet, and if Scarlet thinks Jenny is in danger Scarlet will do anything to protect Jenny. This does sometimes lead to some rather reckless and ill-thought out behaviour on Scarlet's part. For intance, if Scarlet thinks Jenny is in serious danger, she may very well leave the group to try and find Jenny. It would take a lot of convincing to stop Scarlet from leaving.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: dying, dying of curiosity here . But the pirate captains have to have their meeting together anyway...)

The problem now remained: what to do with the Armada spy? The pirate captains met together in Kiera's private cabin, Egg Shen replacing Scarlet for guard duty [unless Scarlet says otherwise]. The spy was still given food and water in the morning as if she was a normal prisoner, to hopefully continue the pretense that they did not yet know who was the human girl.

"Kiera, if it is alright with you, I think you should assign a guard to Elizabeth, who is still sleeping at present, just for her safety. I can't imagine that the clockworks would be able to attack her right now, but I still get the feeling she is in danger." Or perhaps, we are in danger, Charlotte reflected. The vague sense she had was hardly definitive.

"Now, about the spy. My feeling is that we travel to the Westminster Skyway and hand it over to the Marleyboneans. I'm sure Special Branch would be very interested in this new technology the Armada has developed, and besides, the Marleyboneans need all the help that they can get to win the war. They could keep the spy secure far better than we are able to as well. What do you think?" Charlotte inquired, looking at Kiera, Matthew, Emma, and Scarlet.
(Sorry for not posting lately! School is a nightmare sometimes. XD)

"A guard for Elizabeth?" Keira looked thoughtful for a moment. She considered it. "You make a good point, Charlotte. She could be in some extreme dangers. The clockwork, noting by her superiority to Lizzy mechanically, could probably tell we know who's real. Clockworks don't know that making things better than the original never makes it work as well." She nodded. The captain adjusted her glasses and examined her staff to just have something to do. "Guarding Lizzy would be a good idea. Okay, it's all up to who's up for it. Emma, Scarlet, Matthew? Charlotte, I'm going to be needing to chat with you after this." The Witchdoctor raised an eyebrow. She obviously wanted to discuss how Charlotte had figured out the difference.

"I can, unless either of the others wanna." Emma volunteered. The blonde shouldered her rifle and put the other hand in her pocket. The Musketeer waited for any others. "I could shoot down any dangers before they even got close. Besides, I don't need sleep anyway." The blonde grinned.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012

"I agree," Matthew said. "I was up all night thinking about what might happen if the spy gets a chance to do something. We need to get rid of her... it.... whatever as soon as possible."
"But..." he continued, "it must be subdued first. The Marleybonians may not be able to contain it. It must be weakened. Who agrees with me?" Matthew concluded.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
"I agree," Matthew said. "I was up all night thinking about what might happen if the spy gets a chance to do something. We need to get rid of her... it.... whatever as soon as possible."
"But..." he continued, "it must be subdued first. The Marleybonians may not be able to contain it. It must be weakened. Who agrees with me?" Matthew concluded.
Charlotte smiled at Emma. "Thanks, Emma. I'll feel better knowing you are keeping an eye on our Elizabeth." She turned her attention to Matthew. "You are right. Subduing the Clockwork before bringing it to the Marleyboneans is a good idea. How do you propose we do so?" Charlotte felt a twinge of trepidation. She didn't want to deal with the clockwork Lizzie again, but bolstered her inward courage. She would do nothing cruel, however, Charlotte would do all she could to make everyone safe as possible.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

OOC:Since Elizabeth has not said anything, I'm assuming that Scarlet and Lizzie do know each other, but not very well.

Scarlet had been relieved when Egg Shen took her place in the morning. Relieved that the clockwork had not done anything during the night other than pace the cell, and apparently talk to itself. She listened intently and agreed with Matthew's plan of restraining the clockwork before handering it over to Special Branch. Scarlet had seen some of Marleybone's infamous prisons such as Newgate and wasn't really too sure if one could hold this new clockwork.

"I agree with Matthew's plan." Scarlet replied to Charlotte's inquiry "But you should know, that clockwork is definetly planning something. I could hear it talking all night in it's cell. Although I don't know if it was communicating with anyother clockworks or if it was just thinking out loud."

"I think I should help Emma watch over the real Lizzie" Scarlet added, "after all, Lizzie and I are old acquaintances."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
OOC:Since Elizabeth has not said anything, I'm assuming that Scarlet and Lizzie do know each other, but not very well.

Scarlet had been relieved when Egg Shen took her place in the morning. Relieved that the clockwork had not done anything during the night other than pace the cell, and apparently talk to itself. She listened intently and agreed with Matthew's plan of restraining the clockwork before handering it over to Special Branch. Scarlet had seen some of Marleybone's infamous prisons such as Newgate and wasn't really too sure if one could hold this new clockwork.

"I agree with Matthew's plan." Scarlet replied to Charlotte's inquiry "But you should know, that clockwork is definetly planning something. I could hear it talking all night in it's cell. Although I don't know if it was communicating with anyother clockworks or if it was just thinking out loud."

"I think I should help Emma watch over the real Lizzie" Scarlet added, "after all, Lizzie and I are old acquaintances."
OOC: Sorry yesterday I was out and about all day, hardly had time to do anything when we got home before my mom and I watched Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman. Awesome series. Yes, you are right, Scarlet and Lizzy know each other but not well enough to know each other's weaknesses. Scarlet has nothing to fear of Clockwork Lizzy.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: Hey, are you guys waiting on me? I just wanted to make sure -- I wouldn't want you guys to wait for me. Lol just let me know, and I'll go ahead and make a post if you guys are.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: Yes, waiting for you Elizabeth, but go when you are ready. I know school time has come -- for me too! Also, the one you started, Roleplay V, we are waiting for Devin... when you have opportunity.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Yes, waiting for you Elizabeth, but go when you are ready. I know school time has come -- for me too! Also, the one you started, Roleplay V, we are waiting for Devin... when you have opportunity.)
OOC: Sorry! Okay, yeah, I should prolly post now, though I expected to post while all of you were at breakfast... *hint* *hint* as my friend would say. Gonna go to Roleplay V right now.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma crossed her arms, not in the moody way, but in the sassy tone she always upheld. "Sure Scarlet! Could always use some help from a friend." The blonde smiled and nodded. She moved her right arm to her waist, where a belt tht locked three pistols and a sword was.

"Like I said before, why in the Spiral o you have so many weapons?" Keira asked, shaking her head at the blonde's immense storage of weaponry. "And both of you may go and keep watch on the clockwork."

(I'm back everyone. -family hug-)

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
(I was in the last role play and it was good) that is a lot of gelignite romantic Nicholas jones said to his first mate grace and then set of to bishop's hideout of beachhead (and I could use my posts without the "this is a fully moderated message board") and soon his friend quick Xavier silver boarded the ship hi x nick said to his friend I am just of to beachhead in the war full marleybone sky's after they defeated bishop nick said let's go to sivella! sivella? Xavier asked and nick said that the next clue to marco polo's map! as they were near sivella they waved to Devin and then when they gone to the library said hi to Emma and realized all the books in the library were gone! he asked Emma what happened and she said that the armada grabbed the books and we do not know where they are!

after the long battle with some of the heroes at yellow or red the armada said celeria we took the books there! what happened next?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Emma crossed her arms, not in the moody way, but in the sassy tone she always upheld. "Sure Scarlet! Could always use some help from a friend." The blonde smiled and nodded. She moved her right arm to her waist, where a belt tht locked three pistols and a sword was.

"Like I said before, why in the Spiral o you have so many weapons?" Keira asked, shaking her head at the blonde's immense storage of weaponry. "And both of you may go and keep watch on the clockwork."

(I'm back everyone. -family hug-)
(Yay! *Hugging back*)

Charlotte looked confused for a moment, recalling that Scarlet and Emma had originally planned to go keep an eye on the real Lizzie. A instant later, she realized that Kiera was right: Egg Shen needed backup to guard the real villain, the Clockwork spy. That was more sensible. And there was no reason why their meeting couldn't move to where Elizabeth presently slept, as Charlotte did not want to leave her all alone.

"Good idea, Kiera," Charlotte approved. "May I suggest, Kiera and Matthew, that we go to my 'quarters' below decks so we can keep a gentle guard on Elizabeth? I think she would be reassured by our presence, and she might well be able to contribute to Matthew's idea of subduing the spy. Certainly she is the one who knows the most about that creature, outside the Armada. We can also take the rolls, fruits, and other nice breakfast things provided here in the captain's cabin with us, and finish our breakfast there. I'm sure when Elizabeth wakes up, she will be hungry too."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy rolled out of bed groggily and sat up, stretching and then rubbing her eyes. She released a yawn, then went over to her clothes and quickly put them on. She re-attached her pouch to her belt (this serves as her backpack) and stuck her dagger into its sheath, then she plopped her tricorn on her head and headed out.
"Goodmorning, everybody!" Lizzy called throughout the ship.
"Hello." Said Clockwork Lizzy coldly, stepping out of her own room.
Lizzy remained unfazed. "And a good morning to you, Liz!" She stretched again, feeling worlds better since last night's sickness, and the remains of all of the 'tests' the armada had performed on her. She glanced over at the hatch. "Beautiful day, isn't it?" Lizzy asked, tilting her head at the brightness that filtered below decks.
"Sure." Clockwork Lizzy shrugged. The armada spy glanced down the hallway to notice that no one had come yet. The Clockwork grinned maliciously and took out her dagger, thrusting over to Lizzy and pinning her against the wall with the dagger to her throat. "Better say goodbye to your friends, Liz," The Clockwork's eyes sparkled crookedly, "because this is your last chance to be with them before they die by your side." Both Lizzies pricked their ears in the direction of footsteps coming towards them. Clockwork Lizzy tilted her blade uncomfortably against Lizzy's jawline, then backed away and erased her malevolent look before anyone else could see.
Just to be on the safe side, though, Clockwork Lizzy glared at the real Liz and a silent message passed between them: No one hears of this encounter. Clockwork Lizzy's dagger glinted from its sheath, then she put it away and out of sight. She smiled brightly at the group coming towards them. "Goodmorning, everybody!"
Lizzy laughed nervously. "Hey, goodmorning!" She wiped away her nervousness at the reminder of the cold blade against her neck, putting on her brightest smile. "How did all of you sleep?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
[Gulp!]

The tray of breakfast foods fell from Charlotte's suddenly nerveless fingers, crashing to the floor. Several apples and oranges rolled to one side of the deck floor, while the tarts and berries splatted messily below her boots. Charlotte did not notice, only seeing the two Lizzys standing side by side.

Egg Shen! her mind screamed anxiously. You monster, what have you done to Egg Shen! Charlotte wanted to scream, but managed to bite back her fear. "Well, it looks like we are back to the beginning. And which of you is the real Elizabeth?" Charlotte managed to say pleasantly, her voice shaking just a little.

She was lying, of course. The real Elizabeth looked far better for the healing and the night's sleep, but now that Charlotte had some time with the real girl so recently, she could not so easily be fooled by the fetch, the double. And besides, the real Elizabeth was still suffering the effects of several days starvation and privation. If the Armada wants this sort of ploy to work, they should treat their prisoners better, Charlotte inwardly snarled.

Now both girls were rather pale, but with her eye sharpened by experience, Charlotte could see that the Elizabeth on the left was fighting back fear, while the one on the right was pale from fighting back rage and frustration. But they had to be careful. A false move would end up leaving the real girl as a hostage, or worse. Perhaps if they pretended that they trusted the evil fetch instead? Charlotte swallowed. She desperately wanted to ask about what had happened to Egg Shen, but they had to give the spy a reason to think the double ploy would work.

Scarlet and Emma were headed to the brig; Charlotte prayed that they would find that Egg Shen had not been seriously harmed.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Just Add Bacon on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy rolled out of bed groggily and sat up, stretching and then rubbing her eyes. She released a yawn, then went over to her clothes and quickly put them on. She re-attached her pouch to her belt (this serves as her backpack) and stuck her dagger into its sheath, then she plopped her tricorn on her head and headed out.
"Goodmorning, everybody!" Lizzy called throughout the ship.
"Hello." Said Clockwork Lizzy coldly, stepping out of her own room.
Lizzy remained unfazed. "And a good morning to you, Liz!" She stretched again, feeling worlds better since last night's sickness, and the remains of all of the 'tests' the armada had performed on her. She glanced over at the hatch. "Beautiful day, isn't it?" Lizzy asked, tilting her head at the brightness that filtered below decks.
"Sure." Clockwork Lizzy shrugged. The armada spy glanced down the hallway to notice that no one had come yet. The Clockwork grinned maliciously and took out her dagger, thrusting over to Lizzy and pinning her against the wall with the dagger to her throat. "Better say goodbye to your friends, Liz," The Clockwork's eyes sparkled crookedly, "because this is your last chance to be with them before they die by your side." Both Lizzies pricked their ears in the direction of footsteps coming towards them. Clockwork Lizzy tilted her blade uncomfortably against Lizzy's jawline, then backed away and erased her malevolent look before anyone else could see.
Just to be on the safe side, though, Clockwork Lizzy glared at the real Liz and a silent message passed between them: No one hears of this encounter. Clockwork Lizzy's dagger glinted from its sheath, then she put it away and out of sight. She smiled brightly at the group coming towards them. "Goodmorning, everybody!"
Lizzy laughed nervously. "Hey, goodmorning!" She wiped away her nervousness at the reminder of the cold blade against her neck, putting on her brightest smile. "How did all of you sleep?"
I don't like this at all says kan po captain attack .ratbeard :lets go back to skull island.cat beard no there are people that need saving and what ratbeard says .old scratch captin my captain there is alot of armada in granchia and you need to go to the granchia cactombs .kan po lets go dragonfly .phule :why are you here .um to find a piece of the map.after 1 round .hawkules lets go to your haunted grotto

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
[Gulp!]

The tray of breakfast foods fell from Charlotte's suddenly nerveless fingers, crashing to the floor. Several apples and oranges rolled to one side of the deck floor, while the tarts and berries splatted messily below her boots. Charlotte did not notice, only seeing the two Lizzys standing side by side.

Egg Shen! her mind screamed anxiously. You monster, what have you done to Egg Shen! Charlotte wanted to scream, but managed to bite back her fear. "Well, it looks like we are back to the beginning. And which of you is the real Elizabeth?" Charlotte managed to say pleasantly, her voice shaking just a little.

She was lying, of course. The real Elizabeth looked far better for the healing and the night's sleep, but now that Charlotte had some time with the real girl so recently, she could not so easily be fooled by the fetch, the double. And besides, the real Elizabeth was still suffering the effects of several days starvation and privation. If the Armada wants this sort of ploy to work, they should treat their prisoners better, Charlotte inwardly snarled.

Now both girls were rather pale, but with her eye sharpened by experience, Charlotte could see that the Elizabeth on the left was fighting back fear, while the one on the right was pale from fighting back rage and frustration. But they had to be careful. A false move would end up leaving the real girl as a hostage, or worse. Perhaps if they pretended that they trusted the evil fetch instead? Charlotte swallowed. She desperately wanted to ask about what had happened to Egg Shen, but they had to give the spy a reason to think the double ploy would work.

Scarlet and Emma were headed to the brig; Charlotte prayed that they would find that Egg Shen had not been seriously harmed.
Keira, being the light sleeper she was, got to her feet as she heard the crash. She snatched her staff, which was leaning up against the wall, and in a fluster sprinted up the steps. She couldn't help but expect the pirates upstairs to laugh at how she appeared- her long black hair was an unbrushed mess, she was wearing a nightgown, and was holding her staff in hand. Her glasses were tilted to the side after having been thrust on in a panic, and in simple wording, she looked like a mess. The clatter of he breakfast tray striking the wood of the upper deck had alarmed her.

"Is anyone hurt? What's the matter? I'm sorry I look like a-" she trailed off as she too noticed both Lizzies. Charlotte appeared shocked, and a pile of breakfast foods had scattered across the dropped tray. Keira dropped her staff in surprise.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: uh, Kiera? You were up already... Matthew and Charlotte and the others had been talking with you in your cabin? You told Scarlet and Emma to go down to the brig? But I'm sure you dropped your staff in shock, it will still work)

Charlotte gave a cold look to the girl on the left, the one she knew was the real Elizabeth. "How did you escape from the brig?" she demanded. She strode forward, hoping no one could detect the nervous thudding of her heart. She knew she was taking a huge risk, but Elizabeth was so vulnerable, especially right now. She had to interpose herself.

Charlotte forced herself to look kindly at the Armada spy. "Elizabeth, get away from that monster, quick!" Fighting against instinct and innate revulsion, Charlotte seized the spy's arm, as if to pull her away to safety...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
OOC: Elizabeth, Charlotte intends, after the initial grab of the Clockwork spy's arm, to continue the momentum of the grab, twist the arm behind the spy's back, sweep her feet from under her, and knock her to the ground, pinning her there. But it is up to you whether this works or not. Charlotte is more experienced than the real Elizabeth, but she is probably not the better fighter (Elizabeth being a swashbuckler after all), never mind the skills of the Clockwork, intended to be superior. On the other hand, Charlotte has the advantage of surprise (maybe). So, your call.

You do very well with villains, by the way. I am referring both to the Clockwork Lizzy and your mysterious 'Queen Victoria' you invented for another thread...

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
As both of the lizzy's were fighting nick couldn't fight but that didn't stop grace from accidently clonked real liz in the face she fainted in pain of the wrong hit but then the clockwork liz shot grace in the stomach as lizzy and grace were in a trance they were attacking Emma rapidly with her trying to block as much as she could and then kiera was scared if as she hurts them but she didn't want her friend to get hurt either she was really confused on what to do! if it was easier she would definately attacked the clockwork ...

what is next in this rapid library? we'll see

Romantic nicholas jones level 61 swashbuckler

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: uh, Kiera? You were up already... Matthew and Charlotte and the others had been talking with you in your cabin? You told Scarlet and Emma to go down to the brig? But I'm sure you dropped your staff in shock, it will still work)

Charlotte gave a cold look to the girl on the left, the one she knew was the real Elizabeth. "How did you escape from the brig?" she demanded. She strode forward, hoping no one could detect the nervous thudding of her heart. She knew she was taking a huge risk, but Elizabeth was so vulnerable, especially right now. She had to interpose herself.

Charlotte forced herself to look kindly at the Armada spy. "Elizabeth, get away from that monster, quick!" Fighting against instinct and innate revulsion, Charlotte seized the spy's arm, as if to pull her away to safety...
(OOC: Oh man, I forgot! Uhhhhh..... Lets say Keira went back to sleep and woke up again? XD)

"Uhhhhhh.... Yea, how did you escape?" Keira gave the same question a shot. "And what the heck happened with Kan Po, Egg Shen, and Mormo? I haven't seen them in a while...."