Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay - A Broken Promise

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2012
(Hey all. I decided to make a new Roleplay! I do have a specific idea in mind for this, but feel free to expand and evolve it as you so wish. Just remember to keep everything appropriate, be polite, and have fun!)

The silver moon hung lazily in the black sky above Tradewinds Skyway. All was quiet, save the rustling of the animals in the nearby jungle. I stood on the sandy shore of the Isle of Doom, not moving a single muscle. He was late. I had been standing here for over an hour, waiting, watching. I was about to call it a night when I heard soft footsteps behind me. I turned.
"Ah, good, you finally arrived." My voice cut through the night air like a shard of glass. "Well, what have you found out for me?"
The dog folded his beefy arms. "First, half my payment, Like you said," he demanded in a rough voice. I rolled my eyes, pulled out a sack, and tossed it to him. He inspected it with obvious avarice, then nodded. "They can say what they like about you, Cunning Jack, but you do pay good."
"Can you just give me the information? Or do you want the other half of your payment?"
"No, I want it." The sheepdog stuffed the coins in his shirt. "Alright, I've heard your old 'friends' have begun to form some sort of gang."
I arch my eyebrow. "Is that it? I didn't promise you that gold for what I already know."
"Of course there's more! Apparently, they found a leader, someone really charismatic. What was his name..? Henry, uh, something that begins with E..."
I blinked, surprised. "Henry Eaves?"
"That's the name! You know him?"
"Indeed." What would Eaves be doing, coming out into the open like this? "Anything else?"
The dog shuffled nervously. "Well, er, apparently they're gonna be meeting in Port Regal at noon tomorrow, then taking a ship somewhere. If you want to know more, I'd say you need to find a way onto that ship."
I nodded, then pulled out the other half of his money. "Here. You've earned it." He took the gold, thanking me, but I was already walking off. I wasn't gonna be able to get on that ship without some help...

The next morning, a few select people awoke to find a message waiting for them. "I am offering a job," it read, "that I recommend you take. I will pay you upon completion of the task. It will be high risk, and I can't guarantee you'll be safe. But isn't that the fun of it? Meet me in the cellar of the Kraken Skulls tavern ASAP if you wish to know more. Signed, Cunning Jack."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The first mate frowned as she read for herself the note her captain had been given. "I don't know, Captain," she finally spoke. "This seems to be asking for you alone."

"I know, Bonnie," Anne Radcliffe replied. "And we've got a lot to do. But I've been on a mission with Cunning Jack before. He's intelligent and moral. And we could use the extra cash." Anne bit her lip. She now had a large crew, ranging from clever old Ratbeard to the little cabin girl, Chaoxing. There were mouths to feed, people to equip, and a larger ship to tend, and Anne was feeling the weight of responsibility, especially as her acts of 'piracy' were confined to foes that she felt deserved it -- other pirates, rogues, and the Armada. And they had to share the prizes of battle with those who needed it -- villagers who had their homes burnt down, fisherfolk who had their boats destroyed, farmers who suffered their fields trampled, churches, temples, and libraries which had been defiled -- all the crew agreed this was necessary. Even Ratbeard agreed -- though he considered his duty to grumble about it.

Presently they were supplementing their adventurous income with a little smuggling -- nothing that would set up the Frogfather's hackles, mind you. But although there were those in Mooshu that would happily sell tea, silk, and other goods to the Marleybonians, getting through the Armada blockade was the tricky part. Anne and her ship, the Valiant Vixen, could do that, and if they couldn't sneak by the Armada ships, well, they were perfectly happy to engage them. Every Armada ship defeated was one notch closer to Marleybonian victory.

"I can just go to the tavern and see what the mission is," Anne offered. "If I think it would take too long, I can always decline."

"Aye, that's true enough, I ken, Captain," Bonnie Anne agreed. "We need to collect the goods from the Mooshu suppliers, and we can do that on our own. Give us a couple days, and we'll reconnoiter in Hamamitzu."

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
[I've decided to join this roleplay]

as he read the letter the boy with sea green eyes, tan skin ,black hair about 5'6 in height named Captain John Jackson he said well one day walking aroud in marleybone and you get a random letter form a fellow pirate well it looks like I'm going to scull island lucky jack take the weal were going to kraken skulls

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
(I'm gonna use a new character for this one! )
Valkoor Darkwood, famed Witchdoctor gripped the letter in his hands. "This should be interesting.." he said, running to his ship to sail to the Kraken Skulls Tavern to meet this Cunning Jack.
He arrived at the tavern and stepped inside..to be continued
(Little Info about Valkoor, his eyes have mismatched colors, yellow,his seer eye and blue.his regular eye, he has the ability to resurrect and see the dead.)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Omar was opening the front door when he noticed the note or, what was left of it. Most of it was there save for the rendezvous point.
"Sounds interesting, don't it?"
Omar spun around to see The Jesting Lord siting by the stair waving the other piece in his hand.
"Confound it Hobbes."groaned Omar "will you ever leave me at peace?"
"Now what would be the fun in that? That said, You know the job as well as the Court's rules. I know the location and want to come along. Get the Picture?"
Alexander brushed off some dust from his long-coat while Omar contemplated the proposition.
"Fine, but one question,"answered Omar finally "why?"
"Well I'm in need of money and since I am not getting many requests for my services, I want to tag along and help out. It can get boring here."
Rolling his eyes., Omar shook hands withe Alexander, solidifying the deal. They exchanged the info and left each other's company to prepare for the meeting.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Serpent996 on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
(Hey all. I decided to make a new Roleplay! I do have a specific idea in mind for this, but feel free to expand and evolve it as you so wish. Just remember to keep everything appropriate, be polite, and have fun!)

The silver moon hung lazily in the black sky above Tradewinds Skyway. All was quiet, save the rustling of the animals in the nearby jungle. I stood on the sandy shore of the Isle of Doom, not moving a single muscle. He was late. I had been standing here for over an hour, waiting, watching. I was about to call it a night when I heard soft footsteps behind me. I turned.
"Ah, good, you finally arrived." My voice cut through the night air like a shard of glass. "Well, what have you found out for me?"
The dog folded his beefy arms. "First, half my payment, Like you said," he demanded in a rough voice. I rolled my eyes, pulled out a sack, and tossed it to him. He inspected it with obvious avarice, then nodded. "They can say what they like about you, Cunning Jack, but you do pay good."
"Can you just give me the information? Or do you want the other half of your payment?"
"No, I want it." The sheepdog stuffed the coins in his shirt. "Alright, I've heard your old 'friends' have begun to form some sort of gang."
I arch my eyebrow. "Is that it? I didn't promise you that gold for what I already know."
"Of course there's more! Apparently, they found a leader, someone really charismatic. What was his name..? Henry, uh, something that begins with E..."
I blinked, surprised. "Henry Eaves?"
"That's the name! You know him?"
"Indeed." What would Eaves be doing, coming out into the open like this? "Anything else?"
The dog shuffled nervously. "Well, er, apparently they're gonna be meeting in Port Regal at noon tomorrow, then taking a ship somewhere. If you want to know more, I'd say you need to find a way onto that ship."
I nodded, then pulled out the other half of his money. "Here. You've earned it." He took the gold, thanking me, but I was already walking off. I wasn't gonna be able to get on that ship without some help...

The next morning, a few select people awoke to find a message waiting for them. "I am offering a job," it read, "that I recommend you take. I will pay you upon completion of the task. It will be high risk, and I can't guarantee you'll be safe. But isn't that the fun of it? Meet me in the cellar of the Kraken Skulls tavern ASAP if you wish to know more. Signed, Cunning Jack."
Emma Everhart wasn't necessarily a sleeper- she was just sketching in her newly redesigned bedroom when a Skarakeet flew through the window with an envelope. The blonde scanned it, and grinned.

"It seems Jack needs my help... Again..." She laughed. She stood up, and laid her sketchbook and pencil on the bed. She changed from the simple mint green hoodie and shorts she was wearing into her usual monochromatic apparel that supported her claws and advances. She checked over her choker as normal before darting down the steps.

A voice resonated behind her as she was grabbing an apple from the counter. "It seems you're going out late again." A Marleybonian tone with an almost authoritative undertone sounded. Gracie Conrad leaned against the wall, scarlet wrench in hand.

"Oh, hey Gracie..." Emma greeted. "I'm headed out. Sorry."

"Again? That's the third time this week you've departed so early. Is something the matter? I can help of course-"

Emma lapsed her statement. "No, it's fine. Jack needs help again- might as well do him a favor." She sighed as she adjusted the collar of her jacket. "I'll see you later. Sayonara, Gracie-chan."

"Goodbye-" Gracie didn't have the chance to finish as her impulsive captain exited to the outside yard, to find her magenta and orange Valiant Glory waiting for her.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
as his ship past blood shoals he finally made it to the docks of skull island and told his first mate lucky jack russel to anchor

as they walked the beach they came to kraken skulls tavern and steped inside
he then told the keeper one bottle of yum when he got it he said where is cunning jack

the tavern keeper said in the cellar

to be continued

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
For a buccaneer, George Gordon was pretty "elusive". With help from his brother - George Xiriga the witchdoctor- he had learned there was going to be a meeting at the Kraken Skulls Tavern. "Hoo, boy, this would be fun to crash." He loved to crash, kidnap, and steal, all sorts of pirate things, but he knew this was special. "Let's see here. Since the meeting is in a cellar, I'll send Barnabus to spy. Once he has confirmed the existence of a will or of important document, Bonnie should use Scatter to send them scattering. After that, Thunder Hoof will ram my Bison ship into island. However, to minimize damage, it will be equipped with extra armor. Then, Handsome Dan will lure any girls away for minimum interruption. After that, I'll jump out of nowhere and have Ratbeard start searching for treasure. Once that happens, the rest of us will plan our next attack." (Hope you don't mind if I join!)

Ensign
May 31, 2012
Upon hearing the inquiry about Cunning Jack, a voice sounded through the tavern. "Hey, over here!" The speaker was a pale witchdocter with snow-white hair and silvery eyes. Sitting near her was another girt, this one with raven hair and bloored eyes, who kept glancing around nervously. The pale girl smiled and gestured for the tall young man to come over to them.

(OOC: A couple of things. One, I am going to request you keep references to companions in this RP to a minimum. This is a pirate-only adventure, after all. Second, to Gbalance101. Unless one of your characters actually got the note, there isn't any way they could've known about the meeting. The message was sent via sky snake, and those snakes fly to fast and to high to be caught by ship. Plus, Jack isn't going to take kindly to intruders. I'm okay with the letter being found after being delivered, like The Undead Obeah did, but you'd have to include the character that got the original message in it, okay?)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Serpent996 on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Upon hearing the inquiry about Cunning Jack, a voice sounded through the tavern. "Hey, over here!" The speaker was a pale witchdocter with snow-white hair and silvery eyes. Sitting near her was another girt, this one with raven hair and bloored eyes, who kept glancing around nervously. The pale girl smiled and gestured for the tall young man to come over to them.

(OOC: A couple of things. One, I am going to request you keep references to companions in this RP to a minimum. This is a pirate-only adventure, after all. Second, to Gbalance101. Unless one of your characters actually got the note, there isn't any way they could've known about the meeting. The message was sent via sky snake, and those snakes fly to fast and to high to be caught by ship. Plus, Jack isn't going to take kindly to intruders. I'm okay with the letter being found after being delivered, like The Undead Obeah did, but you'd have to include the character that got the original message in it, okay?)
"Krystal! Isis!" Emma darted into the tavern upon hearing her friend's voice, and then recognizing the two girls she knew outside of this mission. "Haven't seen you guys in a while." She laughed, with a partial glare toward Krystal for unknown reasons she only knew.

(Sorry for writing so short, I gotta go!)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Serpent996 on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:

(OOC: This is a new version of my old post. Happy Holidays everyone!)

For a buccaneer, George Gordon was pretty elusive. Since he was so good at stealing and kidnaping, he mostly got those kind of jobs. Then one day, as he was going to his bunkhouse to drop off things for his brothers, he noticed a note on the door had been ripped off. When he walked in, he saw his brothers and immediately said "Give me the note." "What note?" they said. "You know what note. You guys are too distracted all the time." " You're missing one thing, dear brother. The note said to bring two other members." said George Xiriga. "Fine. I'll bring George Xiriga and the other George Gordon. From what you didn't read, don't bring any companions except for your first mate for protection." "I'll meet you at the Kraken Skulls the day of the meeting."