Role Play

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
I know there are a lot of these out there, but I thought I'd write my own. Enjoy, and feel free to jump in!

The sails of the Double Lotus, my Mooshu ship billowed in the morning winds as I headed to Skull Island. I had completed yet another sucessful mission in Mooshu and had come back to report to Avery, for he sent news he had a big surprise for me. I have been in his service since I was a small girl, when I rode to the docks of Skull Island as a stoy away on one of his cargo ships. He, deliberately, decided to take me in and taught me most of what I know today. Now I'm a musketeer of Skull Island, and one of the few Avery trusts. I yelled to my crew, "Make way to Skull Island!"
In Avery's Office
"I see you are back again, Ms. Randall. Another sucessful mission, I presume?" Avery said.
"You have assumed correctly, sir. Am I here to recieve another mission?" I asked.
"Yes, and this one will be in Mooshu as well. But, I'm afraid the Armada ships and forces seen around the stormgate and in Hammamitsu are overwhelming." he warned.
"I am very aware of the threat, sir. I know the journey will be rough."
"That is what I thought too. So, this is where the surprise I sent word to you about comes to play. I am putting you in charge of a crew of your very own!" Avery exclainmed.
"Avery, you do know I have a crew already, right?" I inquired.
"Yes, yes, I know. I meant a human crew made up of the most elite pirates of your status. You may come in now!" Avery yells to the door.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
OOC: I'm gonna jump in here with Raven, a new Witchdoctor character I've been working on. :D Note she's a little bit of a strange character...

~

Raven watched from the ceiling, having found some wood planks to sit on. She held her staff still and watched this 'Ms. Randall.' She was tempted to just at least hum her song, but decided against it. It terrified people when she did either one, just because of the song's nature.

The cloaked Witchdoctor, whose olive eyes were hidden by her dark hood, lifted her staff and examined it. It was a white staff, twisting upward into a swirl at the top with a lantern dangling from it. She whimsically smiled as she watched still. The lantern's tiny flame danced across the glass prison it was in.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Sly Gillian Randal... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I know there are a lot of these out there, but I thought I'd write my own. Enjoy, and feel free to jump in!

The sails of the Double Lotus, my Mooshu ship billowed in the morning winds as I headed to Skull Island. I had completed yet another sucessful mission in Mooshu and had come back to report to Avery, for he sent news he had a big surprise for me. I have been in his service since I was a small girl, when I rode to the docks of Skull Island as a stoy away on one of his cargo ships. He, deliberately, decided to take me in and taught me most of what I know today. Now I'm a musketeer of Skull Island, and one of the few Avery trusts. I yelled to my crew, "Make way to Skull Island!"
In Avery's Office
"I see you are back again, Ms. Randall. Another sucessful mission, I presume?" Avery said.
"You have assumed correctly, sir. Am I here to recieve another mission?" I asked.
"Yes, and this one will be in Mooshu as well. But, I'm afraid the Armada ships and forces seen around the stormgate and in Hammamitsu are overwhelming." he warned.
"I am very aware of the threat, sir. I know the journey will be rough."
"That is what I thought too. So, this is where the surprise I sent word to you about comes to play. I am putting you in charge of a crew of your very own!" Avery exclainmed.
"Avery, you do know I have a crew already, right?" I inquired.
"Yes, yes, I know. I meant a human crew made up of the most elite pirates of your status. You may come in now!" Avery yells to the door.
From another room, a girl with short, snow white hair and icicle blue eyes heard her cue. Jade Stone stood up from a comfortable red cushioned chair she was sitting in, and headed through the door, pulling down her Frostfang fur hood and tightening the blue bandanna that hid her neck.
This was Skull Island... not Polaris. Didn't she get the memo? Well, apparently not, because she was wearing a white fur dress that went a little bit above her knees, extending in the back down to the middle of her shin. Her moccasin/fur boots went up to her knees, which revealed ice blue leggings, one of which had a small hole in it. She had a bow and arrows slung across her back, and her face was expressionless, if not displaying some disinterest.
"You called, Captain Avery?" The girl asked. Her voice sounded husky, like it had been through some harsh, cold weather.
"Hello, Jade." Captain Avery replied, for once in his life showing a small loss of self-confidence. "Jade Stone, meet Gillian Randall."
"Hey." Jade said, extending her hand, revealing that it was gloved with the same material and color that her leggings were made from. "I hear you've got a job for me?
Before Ms. Randall could answer, however, a white wolf large enough to be a mount stalked out of the room that Jade had just left, coming up to her side and its head being up to a little bit past her elbows, its body large and barrel-chested. Its silver-colored eyes glowed and glared at Ms. Randall, large white fangs poking out from under its heavily furred and armored muzzle. His entire body was armored with celestial silver, and his paws wore iron claw extensions that cut into the carpet as he walked. The Frostfang's armor showed years of wear and tear, scratches and scars gleaming not only from the armor, but streaking into what was visible of the monster's strong hide.
"And this is Fluffy." Jade added.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Jade, looking at the expressions on the faces of Captain Avery and Gillian Randall, cracked into a grin, revealing pearly white teeth that matched her skin tone. "I'm kidding." She winked. "His name is Fang."
This strange Polarian girl leaped up onto the wolf and hooked her feet into some stirrup-looking things that protruded from the Frostfang's armor, the front of her foot completely hidden in the shell, looking more like the things at the shoe stores that measures the size of your feet. Jade lowered her body against the wolf like a motorcycle, clutching some fur that poked through all of that armor. When she lowered her body, her bandanna shifted and revealed something that glinted on the inside of her dress, but she noticed and quickly adjusted the bandanna to hide it.
Fang bared his fangs, displaying the reason behind his name. He deserved that name, all right. Perfect white, sharp, carnivorous teeth that glinted in the firelight of Captain Avery's office appeared from under the black lips of the beast, a pink tongue pressing through any gaps (not that there were many) that were in between the tusks.
"So what do you need us to do, Captain?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Fang's nostrils twitched as he lowered it to the ground, then raised his head and turned it in different directions, catching an unknown scent. He snorted and scoffed and his long table-knocker of a tail, which could actually knock over tables, wagged excitedly.
Then he raised his head to the roof, pointing with his snout.
Jade looked up, knowing that her wolf was always right. She caught sight of a girl sitting on the rafters, a witchdoctor by the looks of her staff. "Why hello there." Jade spoke quietly, smiling in a dangerously friendly way.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
As I was about to introduce myself, the metting was interrupted by the abrupt entrance of a giant white wolf. My guess is that this girl is from Polaris. I haven't heard much about the people or place, never the less travel there myself. My missions haven't taken me there yet. She mounted her white wolf called Fang and fixed a fallen bandana with haste. Hiding secrets from me already, I see.
"So what do you need us to do, Captain?" she inquired.
"We have been assigned a mission in Mooshu. Our mission is to learn how to translate the El Dorado map. We have two pieces so far, but the rest are in the hands of the enemy. For now, our only option is to learn the transcription for this writing on the map. And by the way, Gillian Randall is one of my nicknames. My real name is Katherine Randall, but some call me Gillian Randall or Sly."
"Okay. Nice to meet you, Sly!" Jade said with another grin.
"It seems you two are well aquainted. Now, prepare for your trip to Mooshu. I have other buisness to attend to." Avery groaned as he saw a group of happy rookie pirates march back to his office.
"Alright, Jade. Now have you ever been to Mooshu?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Just Add Bacon on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
From another room, a girl with short, snow white hair and icicle blue eyes heard her cue. Jade Stone stood up from a comfortable red cushioned chair she was sitting in, and headed through the door, pulling down her Frostfang fur hood and tightening the blue bandanna that hid her neck.
This was Skull Island... not Polaris. Didn't she get the memo? Well, apparently not, because she was wearing a white fur dress that went a little bit above her knees, extending in the back down to the middle of her shin. Her moccasin/fur boots went up to her knees, which revealed ice blue leggings, one of which had a small hole in it. She had a bow and arrows slung across her back, and her face was expressionless, if not displaying some disinterest.
"You called, Captain Avery?" The girl asked. Her voice sounded husky, like it had been through some harsh, cold weather.
"Hello, Jade." Captain Avery replied, for once in his life showing a small loss of self-confidence. "Jade Stone, meet Gillian Randall."
"Hey." Jade said, extending her hand, revealing that it was gloved with the same material and color that her leggings were made from. "I hear you've got a job for me?
Before Ms. Randall could answer, however, a white wolf large enough to be a mount stalked out of the room that Jade had just left, coming up to her side and its head being up to a little bit past her elbows, its body large and barrel-chested. Its silver-colored eyes glowed and glared at Ms. Randall, large white fangs poking out from under its heavily furred and armored muzzle. His entire body was armored with celestial silver, and his paws wore iron claw extensions that cut into the carpet as he walked. The Frostfang's armor showed years of wear and tear, scratches and scars gleaming not only from the armor, but streaking into what was visible of the monster's strong hide.
"And this is Fluffy." Jade added.
OOC: Beautiful, precise, and colorful description, Elizabeth. I really like it. I love 'Fluffy'... er, 'Fang'.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Beautiful, precise, and colorful description, Elizabeth. I really like it. I love 'Fluffy'... er, 'Fang'.
Thanks, I do too. I've never posted as Jade Stone on the message boards, and she's quite different from what I originally imagined her to be, almost five years ago. The very first character that I ever made had long brown hair and electric blue eyes, and she was somewhat like Lizzy, except that she's a little bit of a troublemaker. This character is harsh and cold (pun intended) and relies on no one but her Frostfang, accurately named Fang. Just last year I wrote a story called Wysteria about a princess, her guard, and their companions, who are animals. The animals and the humans shared a special bond that can never be broken, allowing the princess and her warg companion to communicate. Her warg is named Bear, which is where I based Fang off of, because Fang, like Bear, is a large wolf-like creature that shall forever stick by the side of his girl. Originally I thought about naming Bear 'Fluffy' because that's exactly what the cute little Warg puppy was when the story first started -- Fluffy. XD But then I dumped the idea, letting it just resurface recently.
Sly, if I may make some suggestions on making you the best roleplayer you can be:
  1. Make sure you read every post on the thread before you post, which I'm sure you've already done. XD This is just a way that nobody gets left out, and everybody builds off of the story.
  2. Try and use other people's characters as little as possible, and don't just say that you and some other role-player have been friends for a long time unless you truly have been. I did that to CdeWinter once... felt bad after that...

You used Jade Stone to say "Okay. Nice to meet you, Sly!" And although that is exactly what my other character, Lizzy, would have said, Jade Stone is quite different and would have just given a curt nod or grunt or do something else cave-man-like. Shhhh... I'm about to tell you a secret... she's a little under-developed.

And, lastly, (Anne, you're a large contributor to this) try not to use one of the larger characters, like Kane or Rooke or Deacon, or anyone else in Kane's Court for that matter. I imagine the armada is doing more than just interfering with a pirate's every day life, but rather trying to conquer the spiral or get the other pieces of the map? Avery I believe is fine to use... as far as I know of, he doesn't do much... therefore it's fairly believable that he would send you on a quest with a complete and utter stranger who rides on a wolf the size of a car.
Also, I believe it is fairly useful to go back and re-read you post to make sure that your spelling and grammar are correct, or the way you intended it. It overall makes your post look more professional and well-planned. I'm going to go post what Jade Stone is like right now on the 'Pirate Personalities' so that you can get to know her a little better, while her character on here still remains a little mysterious...

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Sly Gillian Randal... on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
As I was about to introduce myself, the metting was interrupted by the abrupt entrance of a giant white wolf. My guess is that this girl is from Polaris. I haven't heard much about the people or place, never the less travel there myself. My missions haven't taken me there yet. She mounted her white wolf called Fang and fixed a fallen bandana with haste. Hiding secrets from me already, I see.
"So what do you need us to do, Captain?" she inquired.
"We have been assigned a mission in Mooshu. Our mission is to learn how to translate the El Dorado map. We have two pieces so far, but the rest are in the hands of the enemy. For now, our only option is to learn the transcription for this writing on the map. And by the way, Gillian Randall is one of my nicknames. My real name is Katherine Randall, but some call me Gillian Randall or Sly."
"Okay. Nice to meet you, Sly!" Jade said with another grin.
"It seems you two are well aquainted. Now, prepare for your trip to Mooshu. I have other buisness to attend to." Avery groaned as he saw a group of happy rookie pirates march back to his office.
"Alright, Jade. Now have you ever been to Mooshu?"
"Not so fast my friends!"
Out of the shadows of Avery's Office materialized a mysterious person. He wore a yellowed tunic under a vest covered in intricate designs all held together by a collection of belts and sashes tangled together with several oddities hanging from them. his face was partly shaded under a wide brimmed hat. All that Gilligan Randal could see were two glowing eyes, one ordinary enough but the other glowing deep purple. When he lifted his chin however, the shadows dissipated to reveal a friendly face and mischievously dancing eyes, no odd eye to be seen.
"If you are to go and see to the Map's translation, you will need some knowledge of the mysticism and lore in about the places you need to go to in order to complete our mission Mon Capitan. Avery thought that my knowledge would suffice and assigned me to your crew."
"Ah yes." said Avery "This is Omar Underwood. Tough a somewhat recent member of the Pirate Republic, his knowledge of relics, lore, and magic has few equals. I thought that he might be of use to you on your mission."
"So Captan,what are your orders?" said Omar with an exited grin.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
(Sly Gillian, I'm inspired to play not a pirate captain, but rather a 'side-kick', if that is okay with you?)

"Oy! Wait 'fer me!" Into Captain Avery's office hurtled a rather under-sized young Cat. Her fur was coal black, save for white at the very tips of her pointed ears and a white patch at her throat. The ease with which she wore a rapier and dagger at her belt was somewhat contradicted by the clothes she wore, a worn, patched gown that seemed more suited for a Marleybonean fish-vendor (indeed, it did smell faintly of fish) than a swashbuckling fighter. Like many a Marleybonean working female, her gown and petticoats were rather short, only reaching to mid-calf, which displayed neatly-darned stockings and worn leather shoes fastened with rather ratty green silk bows rather than buckles. Her dun-colored gown, open at the front below the laced bodice, revealed a leaf-green petticoat that matched the color of her large, bright eyes.

"O, 'allo, Fang," the Cat girl said casually, holding out the back of her hand for the huge wolf to sniff. Fang, whose hackles had risen when a Cat had entered the room, settled back down upon sniffing her furred hand. "You weren't thinking of leaving wi'out me, were you?" she asked cheekily to Jade.

The Cat flashed a bright smile at the others in the room. "'allo, my name is Miriam. But most folks call me Meri," she introduced herself easily.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
The Undead Obeah on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
"Not so fast my friends!"
Out of the shadows of Avery's Office materialized a mysterious person. He wore a yellowed tunic under a vest covered in intricate designs all held together by a collection of belts and sashes tangled together with several oddities hanging from them. his face was partly shaded under a wide brimmed hat. All that Gilligan Randal could see were two glowing eyes, one ordinary enough but the other glowing deep purple. When he lifted his chin however, the shadows dissipated to reveal a friendly face and mischievously dancing eyes, no odd eye to be seen.
"If you are to go and see to the Map's translation, you will need some knowledge of the mysticism and lore in about the places you need to go to in order to complete our mission Mon Capitan. Avery thought that my knowledge would suffice and assigned me to your crew."
"Ah yes." said Avery "This is Omar Underwood. Tough a somewhat recent member of the Pirate Republic, his knowledge of relics, lore, and magic has few equals. I thought that he might be of use to you on your mission."
"So Captan,what are your orders?" said Omar with an exited grin.
Quick as a flash, Jade had one of her arrows pointed directly at Omar. Throughout Omar's entire introductory, Jade never lowered her bow. She stared at what she could see of him, her arms becoming a little bit achy as she held them up so long. Finally, she lowered her bow, but didn't release the tension in it and never strapped it onto her back. "Hello, Meriam." Jade said, taking a deep breath. Two surprises in one night. Not very good for a jumpy, easily angered girl with some really sharp arrows. Once Fang sniffed Meriam's paw, he sat down, his tongue hanging out making him look like he was smiling. In the action of sitting, Fang had dumped Jade right off of his back, making her slide backwards and hit her head on the hard ground. "Fang!" Jade yelled, rubbing her head. "Ow." She said more quietly.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Just Add Bacon on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
Thanks, I do too. I've never posted as Jade Stone on the message boards, and she's quite different from what I originally imagined her to be, almost five years ago. The very first character that I ever made had long brown hair and electric blue eyes, and she was somewhat like Lizzy, except that she's a little bit of a troublemaker. This character is harsh and cold (pun intended) and relies on no one but her Frostfang, accurately named Fang. Just last year I wrote a story called Wysteria about a princess, her guard, and their companions, who are animals. The animals and the humans shared a special bond that can never be broken, allowing the princess and her warg companion to communicate. Her warg is named Bear, which is where I based Fang off of, because Fang, like Bear, is a large wolf-like creature that shall forever stick by the side of his girl. Originally I thought about naming Bear 'Fluffy' because that's exactly what the cute little Warg puppy was when the story first started -- Fluffy. XD But then I dumped the idea, letting it just resurface recently.
Sly, if I may make some suggestions on making you the best roleplayer you can be:
  1. Make sure you read every post on the thread before you post, which I'm sure you've already done. XD This is just a way that nobody gets left out, and everybody builds off of the story.
  2. Try and use other people's characters as little as possible, and don't just say that you and some other role-player have been friends for a long time unless you truly have been. I did that to CdeWinter once... felt bad after that...

You used Jade Stone to say "Okay. Nice to meet you, Sly!" And although that is exactly what my other character, Lizzy, would have said, Jade Stone is quite different and would have just given a curt nod or grunt or do something else cave-man-like. Shhhh... I'm about to tell you a secret... she's a little under-developed.

And, lastly, (Anne, you're a large contributor to this) try not to use one of the larger characters, like Kane or Rooke or Deacon, or anyone else in Kane's Court for that matter. I imagine the armada is doing more than just interfering with a pirate's every day life, but rather trying to conquer the spiral or get the other pieces of the map? Avery I believe is fine to use... as far as I know of, he doesn't do much... therefore it's fairly believable that he would send you on a quest with a complete and utter stranger who rides on a wolf the size of a car.
Also, I believe it is fairly useful to go back and re-read you post to make sure that your spelling and grammar are correct, or the way you intended it. It overall makes your post look more professional and well-planned. I'm going to go post what Jade Stone is like right now on the 'Pirate Personalities' so that you can get to know her a little better, while her character on here still remains a little mysterious...
OOC: (I'm probably not joining this role play, I think being in 4 of them is enough for me right now.) Don't worry Elizabeth, Since Lizzie spends a lot of time reading in libraries, and Scarlet is very interested in her scientific research, which often takes her to various libraries, I kind of expect that Scarlet has met Lizzie several times and perhaps the two have even shared their literary knowledge and research projects with each other.

I kind of think it adds a bit of depth to both Scarlet and Lizzie that their stories cross at some point in the past.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Avery coughed. "Ah yes, Miss Miriam. The captain of this expedition will be Captain Randall. You will be answering primarily to her."

"Right-o, gov'nor," Meri readily answered back, giving a salute to Sly Gillian. It was a landlubber's salute, most definitely, someone who was unfamiliar with sky sailing and the discipline therein. Meri peeked curiously at Omar, plainly fascinated. She had not yet noticed the other witchdoctor in the rafters.

Avery gave his attention to Gillian. "While Miss Miriam is known best for being a valued fish vendor here," Avery opened with kind diplomacy, "you will find she has a number of other skills that you may find most useful to you and your mission. I'm sure you can discover those at your leisure."

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
53
Well, it seems to me that there might be a slight rivalry of sorts on my crew. Eh, this is why I worked alone previously, but I have no choice. But, it also looks as if as some know eachother already. "It looks as if my crew is bigger than expected. Are there any more surprise entrances today, or is everyone here?" I inquired, secretly gesturing to the hidden witchdoctor on the roof. Hey, I may be a musketeer, but I have trained with the greatest musketeers of each world, including Mooshu: thus my ability to 'sense' peoples' presences. "No? Then let us meet at my house in roughly two hours to discuss the quest and any other questions you have. Teleport when the time comes. Understood?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Sly Gillian Randal... on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Well, it seems to me that there might be a slight rivalry of sorts on my crew. Eh, this is why I worked alone previously, but I have no choice. But, it also looks as if as some know eachother already. "It looks as if my crew is bigger than expected. Are there any more surprise entrances today, or is everyone here?" I inquired, secretly gesturing to the hidden witchdoctor on the roof. Hey, I may be a musketeer, but I have trained with the greatest musketeers of each world, including Mooshu: thus my ability to 'sense' peoples' presences. "No? Then let us meet at my house in roughly two hours to discuss the quest and any other questions you have. Teleport when the time comes. Understood?"
OOC: Not quite a rivalry, just Jade is jumpy and doesn't like being surprised, thus she drew her bow when Omar appeared, but she didn't release it because of the Witchdoctor in the rafters and because of any more surprises. Not again Omar, just not quite a pleasant surprise.
~
"Yes, Captain." Jade nodded curtly and put away her bow warily, re-mounting Fang and eager to leave. Too many people. She thought silently, then left into the cold night air.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Miriam's open, curious expression faded into confusion. "Teleport?" She looked bewildered, with a thread of anxiety that she could be left behind.

"I am certain someone will take care of that, and bring you with them," Captain Avery interjected smoothly, with a pointed look towards Jade.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
OOC: (I don't know if my last post showed up because my iPad glitches while trying to post this so sorry if this shows up twice.) Rachel has an attitude sometimes so please, excuse her behavior.

"Hold it!" Rachel said barging in to Avery's office. Avery turned to Rachel and took a deep breath. "Yes, Rachel?" Rachel glared at him. "I thought I was getting a crew but apparently, it's you." She said to Gillian. She faced everyone else. "So am I in, or not?" She grinned.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Sly Gillian Randal... on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Well, it seems to me that there might be a slight rivalry of sorts on my crew. Eh, this is why I worked alone previously, but I have no choice. But, it also looks as if as some know eachother already. "It looks as if my crew is bigger than expected. Are there any more surprise entrances today, or is everyone here?" I inquired, secretly gesturing to the hidden witchdoctor on the roof. Hey, I may be a musketeer, but I have trained with the greatest musketeers of each world, including Mooshu: thus my ability to 'sense' peoples' presences. "No? Then let us meet at my house in roughly two hours to discuss the quest and any other questions you have. Teleport when the time comes. Understood?"
"With pleasure my Captain!" Said Omar before bowing deeply and left the room.
Strange, he thought That Jade pirate. Why does she look so familiar?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
After she (reluctantly) agreed to take Miriam to the meeting, Jade left the office to find that it had already gotten dark, and stars were twinkling above. She looked up at the stars while Fang trotted down Avery's Court, then muttered to herself. "Deux mondes differents, le meme ciel." ["Different worlds, same sky"]

The pair reached The Kraken Skulls Tavern, and Jade dismounted Fang, petting his snout and giving him a hug where she could, even though it was kinda hard for her arms to fully wrap around the tree trunk of a neck. Jade backed away from him, then whispered a command for him to wait outside. The huge wolf sat down and waited patiently, glaring daggers at anyone who dared to look at the Frostfang.

The young Polarian woman sat down at the bar, requesting a bottle in her native language. When the bartender looked at her blankly, she rolled her ice blue eyes. "One bottle of yum." She said. Once she got the bottle, she eagerly jugged it down like a person who had been in the desert for a week. That's practically what it was like for the girl of ice and snow, but she drank the yum all the same, slapping the bottle back down on the bar once she was finished. She sat in silence, ears pricked at the door to hear if anything happened to Fang. No one approached the monster, but her hands still tingled, preparing to grab the hidden dagger in her belt at any given moment.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Just Add Bacon on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
After she (reluctantly) agreed to take Miriam to the meeting, Jade left the office to find that it had already gotten dark, and stars were twinkling above. She looked up at the stars while Fang trotted down Avery's Court, then muttered to herself. "Deux mondes differents, le meme ciel." ["Different worlds, same sky"]

The pair reached The Kraken Skulls Tavern, and Jade dismounted Fang, petting his snout and giving him a hug where she could, even though it was kinda hard for her arms to fully wrap around the tree trunk of a neck. Jade backed away from him, then whispered a command for him to wait outside. The huge wolf sat down and waited patiently, glaring daggers at anyone who dared to look at the Frostfang.

The young Polarian woman sat down at the bar, requesting a bottle in her native language. When the bartender looked at her blankly, she rolled her ice blue eyes. "One bottle of yum." She said. Once she got the bottle, she eagerly jugged it down like a person who had been in the desert for a week. That's practically what it was like for the girl of ice and snow, but she drank the yum all the same, slapping the bottle back down on the bar once she was finished. She sat in silence, ears pricked at the door to hear if anything happened to Fang. No one approached the monster, but her hands still tingled, preparing to grab the hidden dagger in her belt at any given moment.
A short time later, Miriam ambled up towards the Kraken Skulls, and easily sat beside Fang, who greeted her with happy panting. She slipped her hand through a slit in her petticoats and pulled out a piece of dried fish from one of her capacious pockets tied underneath. She broke the fish in half. "Want some, Fang?" she offered. Fang took the piece with surprising gentleness from a mouth that had teeth so huge, and swallowed the small piece (tiny, for him) in an instant, while Meri settled herself against his flanks and nibbled her fish piece as she began a one-sided conversation.

"It'll be just like old times, right Fang?" Meri opened, ignoring the fact that she had actually spent but a very short time with Jade and Fang. But to Meri, that had been a very important time in her young life. "I told Gov'nor Avery, I was done with the nickin' lay, I says, I didn't steal no more. He told me I wasn't goin' to be asked to do nothin' wrong; that I could trust Cap'n Randall, and o' course, Jade Stone. Then I wanted to come, ye see. He says, if I'm asked to nick somepin, be a good reason fer it, but mainly I'd be wanted for me skills wi' me cheese toaster," she added happily, patting the hilt of her rapier. "O'course, he didn' actually put it that way. Still, it's nice to know that Da taught me somepin useful after all." Her piece of fish finished, Meri yawned and settled herself easily in the curve of Fang's body, and laying her head on his coarse, thick fur, she took a cat nap.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
OOC: Anne... I just saw the funniest thing! I was looking up the word Jade (I had a ted.ed -Mysteries of Vernacular- lesson on the word Jade) and one of its meanings was "An irritable woman" and I swear I could laugh for days! I honestly didn't mean for that to happen: It's just been many years since I used the name Jade Stone and I just wanted to use it again, for an irritable woman character. Hahahaha I thought you might enjoy that...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
OOC: yes, and 'jade' would be slang that would be well understood in the Age of Piracy. It is a particularly funny coincidence, I agree. I'm playfully researching Georgian era slang and thieves' cant from an 1813 book for this thread... only clean and appropriate stuff, mind you, but be prepared for some really terrible grammar.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Just Add Bacon on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
After she (reluctantly) agreed to take Miriam to the meeting, Jade left the office to find that it had already gotten dark, and stars were twinkling above. She looked up at the stars while Fang trotted down Avery's Court, then muttered to herself. "Deux mondes differents, le meme ciel." ["Different worlds, same sky"]

The pair reached The Kraken Skulls Tavern, and Jade dismounted Fang, petting his snout and giving him a hug where she could, even though it was kinda hard for her arms to fully wrap around the tree trunk of a neck. Jade backed away from him, then whispered a command for him to wait outside. The huge wolf sat down and waited patiently, glaring daggers at anyone who dared to look at the Frostfang.

The young Polarian woman sat down at the bar, requesting a bottle in her native language. When the bartender looked at her blankly, she rolled her ice blue eyes. "One bottle of yum." She said. Once she got the bottle, she eagerly jugged it down like a person who had been in the desert for a week. That's practically what it was like for the girl of ice and snow, but she drank the yum all the same, slapping the bottle back down on the bar once she was finished. She sat in silence, ears pricked at the door to hear if anything happened to Fang. No one approached the monster, but her hands still tingled, preparing to grab the hidden dagger in her belt at any given moment.
OOC:I don't know if I'm going to join this roleplay permanently just yet, but Scarlet has to have at least a passing comment here.

"Une bouteille de Yum". (one bottle of Yum).

Scarlet's ears picked up when she heard the woman behind her speaking Polarian.
Even though she thought it might be rude to interrupt the woman's thoughts, Scarlet felt she had to say something. Momentarily turning her back on her little sister, Scarlet greeted her fellow Polarian with a rather informal "Salut. C'est une belle nuit, non?" (Hi, it's a beautiful night no?)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
In a corner of the Kraken Skulls, Omar was drinking his second bottle of yum while remembering his past life. He remembered the times he watched the times he saw the Polarian Wars and the sadness he felt to see three worlds who's culture and people he fell in love with destroy each other. He imagined walking once again in the beautiful winter forests near St. Petersburg and dancing through the intellectual intrigue of old Valencia. Where did he recognize Jade from? Now, Omar has lived an amazingly long time (though his youth masked it) and has seen a large number of people. Some were good friends and some were vague memories.
Remembering nothing, he decided to dessert his effort and observe his fellow crew mates. For some reason, he figured that jade was impaired somehow, he just couldn't figure it yet. Nevertheless, he knew it had something to do with auras.
"hmmm, what a fascinating challenge." he mumbled to himself
Just then, Jade looked up towards him and Omar quickly looked away and read a small book he brought, biding his time until he can transport himself to his captan's abode.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Jade looked up from her inward thinking when someone else speaking Polarian pierced her thoughts. "Oui, le ciel nocturne est particulierement belle." [Yes, the night sky is particularly beautiful.] Jade's eyebrows furrowed as she pressed her thumb against her forehead, then she glanced up at the girl with the red aura again. "Excusez-moi mais vous etes de Polaris?" [Excuse me, but you are of Polaris?]
Suddenly she could feel someone looking at her. Odd, it's that witchdoctor with the yellow aura. Jade angled her head at him to make it look like she was actually looking at him, then returned back to her conversation with the other Polarian girl.