Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Riddle challenge

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Maybe a person in a wheelchair? Rest could mean death, so when they die they touch the ground. Jee, this got dark.
Well, Duke, I believe that you were 'half' right-- that is the 'wheel' half. I believe that the answer is a wheelbarrow. Unfortunately, it is something that I am all too familiar with. Dirt, fire wood, building debris, rocks, mulch, bricks, concrete, people, tools...you name it, I've wheelbarrowed it-- too many times!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Well, Duke, I believe that you were 'half' right-- that is the 'wheel' half. I believe that the answer is a wheelbarrow. Unfortunately, it is something that I am all too familiar with. Dirt, fire wood, building debris, rocks, mulch, bricks, concrete, people, tools...you name it, I've wheelbarrowed it-- too many times!
People? Now there's a story to hear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Yes, it's a wheelbarrow!

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
1. What gets wetter as it dries?

2. A man who could not talk went into a store to buy a toothbrush. He made a motion with his finger that looked like he was brushing his teeth, indicating that he would like to buy the toothbrush on the counter. The cashier understands and the man buys the toothbrush. Another man who is blind wants to buy sunglasses. What can he do to make the cashier understand he wants to buy the sunglasses without touching the glasses?

3. I fly, but have no wings. I pass by every day. What am I?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Keys I have, but no locks to open.
Bars I have, but nothing to drink.
Notes I have, but no pens to write them.
Scales I have, but I am no fish.

What am I?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
People? Now there's a story to hear.
Oh yes, Misty and quite a fun story to witness and 'live' too. I won't go into details but let's just say 'Please keep all hands, arms, feet, legs and heads inside the ride, at all times!' Those sudden stops are quite a bit more interesting and hilarious (sometimes a wee bit painful too-- but in a fun way) when there's live cargo on board!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
@ Aaron
1. is a towel.
2. ?
3. is time.
@ Max
its a piano.
new riddle:
I lose a head in the morning
but get it back at night.
What am I?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
@ Aaron
1. is a towel.
2. ?
3. is time.
@ Max
its a piano.
new riddle:
I lose a head in the morning
but get it back at night.
What am I?
Good job, Esperanza!

However, #2 isn't that hard! Very simple, it is.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

2. A man who could not talk went into a store to buy a toothbrush. He made a motion with his finger that looked like he was brushing his teeth, indicating that he would like to buy the toothbrush on the counter. The cashier understands and the man buys the toothbrush. Another man who is blind wants to buy sunglasses. What can he do to make the cashier understand he wants to buy the sunglasses without touching the glasses?

2) He asks for them. He's blind, but can still talk.

What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

Mary’s father has 5 daughters – Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the fifth daughters name?

If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Sam Underhill on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

Mary’s father has 5 daughters – Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the fifth daughters name?

(1 ?
(2 Mary
(3 A secret

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Ugh, I can't believe I missed that one!
is it short?
Nunu?
Has to be a pie, I don't care what the true answer is. It's a PIE!

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

By the way, congrats! He can still talk.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

#1- Short

#2- Why Mary of course

#3- Toasted Cheese

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Keys I have, but no locks to open.
Bars I have, but nothing to drink.
Notes I have, but no pens to write them.
Scales I have, but I am no fish.

What am I?
Music

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

1) Towel

2) He asks her

3) Time

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi everyone I hope you have been having fun with the riddle challenge I just realized when I put up my riddle I forgot to put it away from the rest of my post so it was kinda hidden so here it is (I'm as old as time but not as old as a tree I glow for many but hide darkness I'm always on the move but I never stop two times I'm forgotten but always remembered) I changed it a little hope everyone has a good week have fun bye

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
1) I am found in the sea and on land, but I do not walk or swim. I travel by foot, but I am toeless. No matter where I go, I'm never far from home. What am I?

2) What kind of stones aren't found in the Ocean?

3) What goes around the world, but stays in a corner?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
1) I am found in the sea and on land, but I do not walk or swim. I travel by foot, but I am toeless. No matter where I go, I'm never far from home. What am I?

2) What kind of stones aren't found in the Ocean?

3) What goes around the world, but stays in a corner?
1) A crab

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
There are ten fish in a tank. Two die, three swim away. How many fish are left in the tank?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
There are ten fish in a tank. Two die, three swim away. How many fish are left in the tank?
Lol, * counts on her fingers and toes * Eight fish remain.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Nope, all ten because they're still in there. Now that I say it out loud it seems pretty weird, but I just found this riddle online.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
10, because unless the two that died have decomposed, then there are ten. The three that swam away cannot swim out of the tank, unless the tank connects to an open body of water.

1. A man is found lying dead, face down in the middle of the desert.He is wearing a backpack.His ribs are crushed.The post mortem shows that he died 2 months ago.Yet no one has crossed the dessert for 3 months. How did he die?

2. I push my car around a corner and find out that I am bankrupt. What happened?

3. I'm moregood than god, more evil than the devil. The poor have me and the rich need me. If you eat or drink me, you will die. If you jump on me, you will fall. If you love me, you're heartless, but if you hate me, you're filled with love. What am I?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Except, Esperanza, the dead fish are still there. Bloop, bloop...

Here's one from me:
Black as coal,
And white as snow;
She travels, but has no feet;
She speaks, but has no mouth.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nope, all ten because they're still in there. Now that I say it out loud it seems pretty weird, but I just found this riddle online.
Any sane person would remove those dead fish and flush them! Or feed them to the cat.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
10, because unless the two that died have decomposed, then there are ten. The three that swam away cannot swim out of the tank, unless the tank connects to an open body of water.

1. A man is found lying dead, face down in the middle of the desert.He is wearing a backpack.His ribs are crushed.The post mortem shows that he died 2 months ago.Yet no one has crossed the dessert for 3 months. How did he die?

2. I push my car around a corner and find out that I am bankrupt. What happened?

3. I'm moregood than god, more evil than the devil. The poor have me and the rich need me. If you eat or drink me, you will die. If you jump on me, you will fall. If you love me, you're heartless, but if you hate me, you're filled with love. What am I?
#1 made the rounds of my high school back in the stone age, The man died in a sky diving accident.
#2. you ran into a tree and had no insurance
#3. nothing.

No one has guessed my last riddle; posting it again + a new one.

1.I lose a head in the morning but get it back at night, what am I?

2. As large as mountains,
as small as peas,
endlessly swimming in waterless seas.
What are they?