Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Riddle challenge

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
10, because unless the two that died have decomposed, then there are ten. The three that swam away cannot swim out of the tank, unless the tank connects to an open body of water.

1. A man is found lying dead, face down in the middle of the desert.He is wearing a backpack.His ribs are crushed.The post mortem shows that he died 2 months ago.Yet no one has crossed the dessert for 3 months. How did he die?

2. I push my car around a corner and find out that I am bankrupt. What happened?

3. I'm moregood than god, more evil than the devil. The poor have me and the rich need me. If you eat or drink me, you will die. If you jump on me, you will fall. If you love me, you're heartless, but if you hate me, you're filled with love. What am I?
1) He parachuted in

2) You were playing Monopoly

3) Still working on that one ???

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You are in a square house with a window on each wall. Each window has a Southern exposure. You look out the window on your left and you see a bear walk by.

What color is the bear?

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
You are in a square house with a window on each wall. Each window has a Southern exposure. You look out the window on your left and you see a bear walk by.

What color is the bear?
White.

What can you catch but not throw?

What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?

What kind of tree do you carry in your hand?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sam Underhill on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
White.

1. a cold
2. silence
3. an acorn?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
White.

A Cold

Silence

A Palm Tree

There are six eggs in a basket.
Six people take each one of the eggs.
How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
White.

Ooo, ooo! I know

1) A cold

2) Silence

3) palm

And good answer for Chrissy's, Sam. I was completely baffled by how a house could have 4 windows on each side and each have a Southern exposure, but the North Pole, of course!

Now, Esperanza for yours... hmm....(1) The moon? But it has a face, not a head... oh, wait, a pillow? That is as long as no one takes a nap during the day

(2) Hmm...well bacteria swim in waterless seas sometimes, but they are a lot smaller than peas, nevermind mountains. Clouds perhaps?

Have you figured out mine? It is appropriate to the Age of Pirates (and before and after, truthfully)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
A Cold

Silence

A Palm Tree

There are six eggs in a basket.
Six people take each one of the eggs.
How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?
The one left holding the basket, of course.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
Ooo, ooo! I know

1) A cold

2) Silence

3) palm

And good answer for Chrissy's, Sam. I was completely baffled by how a house could have 4 windows on each side and each have a Southern exposure, but the North Pole, of course!

Now, Esperanza for yours... hmm....(1) The moon? But it has a face, not a head... oh, wait, a pillow? That is as long as no one takes a nap during the day

(2) Hmm...well bacteria swim in waterless seas sometimes, but they are a lot smaller than peas, nevermind mountains. Clouds perhaps?

Have you figured out mine? It is appropriate to the Age of Pirates (and before and after, truthfully)
Pillow is the correct answer for #1. Thanks for the clue for yours and I believe the answer is a cannon.
As for my second riddle here's a clue - it's not found on Earth.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
#1 made the rounds of my high school back in the stone age, The man died in a sky diving accident.
#2. you ran into a tree and had no insurance
#3. nothing.

No one has guessed my last riddle; posting it again + a new one.

1.I lose a head in the morning but get it back at night, what am I?

2. As large as mountains,
as small as peas,
endlessly swimming in waterless seas.
What are they?
1. A pillow

2. An asteroid

Am I right?

1. I cut through evil like a double edged sword and chaos flees at my approach. Balance, I single-handedly upraise. Through battles fought with heart and mind, instead of with my gaze.

2. When I am filled, I can point the way. When I am empty, nothing moves me.

3. Born in the flame, conceived in the earth. Some use me in shame and others with mirth. Once i've been tamed, I hardly miss and all men fear my deadly cold kiss. They cloak themselves in shells and chains. They try to fend off the inevitable pain. I am gifted to both soldiers and kings. My beauty can rival an angel's wings, but do not forget the homely hearth. For it was probably my first place of birth!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
1. A pillow

2. An asteroid

Am I right?

1. I cut through evil like a double edged sword and chaos flees at my approach. Balance, I single-handedly upraise. Through battles fought with heart and mind, instead of with my gaze.

3. Born in the flame, conceived in the earth. Some use me in shame and others with mirth. Once i've been tamed, I hardly miss and all men fear my deadly cold kiss. They cloak themselves in shells and chains. They try to fend off the inevitable pain. I am gifted to both soldiers and kings. My beauty can rival an angel's wings, but do not forget the homely hearth. For it was probably my first place of birth!
Yes to both, very good. Now let me try yours:
1. either Justice or Reason?
2. a compass
3. coal?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
1) I am found in the sea and on land, but I do not walk or swim. I travel by foot, but I am toeless. No matter where I go, I'm never far from home. What am I?

2) What kind of stones aren't found in the Ocean?

3) What goes around the world, but stays in a corner?
1) A snail, because it is a gastropod ('stomach-foot') and bears its shell on its back

2) Gallstones

3) Hmm... dust?

And Esperanza, I'm going to go with Aaron Fireeyes' answer of 'asteroids' too (he was quicker than me!); makes good sense of the riddle. But as for mine, a cannon doesn't fit all the conditions (not white as snow, and while you can make a cannon travel, it doesn't do it very well). The answer is much closer to hand

Oh, and Aaron, your new riddles:
1) Reason or clear thinking?

2) a compass? (particularly the simple kind)

3) A sword!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
1. A pillow

2. An asteroid

Am I right?

The third is steel.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
1. A pillow

2. An asteroid

Am I right?

The third is either steel or a sword.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
1. A pillow

2. An asteroid

Am I right?

1. Justice

2. A glove?

3. A sword

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Two of you got my first riddle right.
None of you got my second riddle right.
Most of you got my third riddle right.

The answers are
1. Justice
2. (Try and find out!:)
3. Sword

1. When I am filled, I can point the way. When I'm empty, nothing moves me.

2. You are on a horse, galloping at a constant speed. On your right is a sharp drop off and on your left is an elephant thundering along at the same speed as you. Directly in front of you is a galloping kangaroo and your horse is unable to overtake it. Behind you, is a lion running at the same speed as you and the kangaroo. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

3. I am the first on earth and the second in heaven. I appear two times in a week, but you can only see me once in a year, although I am in the middle of the sea. What am I?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
1) A snail, because it is a gastropod ('stomach-foot') and bears its shell on its back

2) Gallstones

3) Hmm... dust?

And Esperanza, I'm going to go with Aaron Fireeyes' answer of 'asteroids' too (he was quicker than me!); makes good sense of the riddle. But as for mine, a cannon doesn't fit all the conditions (not white as snow, and while you can make a cannon travel, it doesn't do it very well). The answer is much closer to hand

Oh, and Aaron, your new riddles:
1) Reason or clear thinking?

2) a compass? (particularly the simple kind)

3) A sword!
I choose cannon as my answer because black as coal- obviously the iron which makes up the body, white as snow- the smoke from firing said weapon, travels- the recoil from firing, speaking with no mouth- the boom! from the cannon, but you said my answer is wrong, so the emphasis you're placing on 'hand' must be the clue, but I still have no idea what this thing is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:

The answers are
1. Justice
3. Sword

2. You are on a horse, galloping at a constant speed. On your right is a sharp drop off and on your left is an elephant thundering along at the same speed as you. Directly in front of you is a galloping kangaroo and your horse is unable to overtake it. Behind you, is a lion running at the same speed as you and the kangaroo. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

3. I am the first on earth and the second in heaven. I appear two times in a week, but you can only see me once in a year, although I am in the middle of the sea. What am I?
3) The letter E

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

The answers are
1. Justice
3. Sword

2.. you are obviously on a carrosel ( or merry-go-round ) wait until the music and ride stop.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012

The answers are
1. Justice
3. Sword

1. Still think it is a glove
2. I have heard this one before, get off the merry go round
3. The Letter E

Imagine you are in a room, with no windows, no doors, no way out. The room is completely dark, no lights, and has 5 foot thick concrete walls. You must escape in 5 minutes or less. How do you escape?

And, here is one you will probably not get unless you have heard it before:

You are in a room with no windows, doors or any exit. The only items are a mirror and a table. How do you escape?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

The answers are
1. Justice
3. Sword

Someone did answer #2 correctly, Voodoo Cornelius had the answer. I looked up the riddle and the answer is a glove, btw you left out an important line in that riddle, "I have 2 skins one without and one within."

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Music
Right you are.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I choose cannon as my answer because black as coal- obviously the iron which makes up the body, white as snow- the smoke from firing said weapon, travels- the recoil from firing, speaking with no mouth- the boom! from the cannon, but you said my answer is wrong, so the emphasis you're placing on 'hand' must be the clue, but I still have no idea what this thing is.
Sorry Esperanza, I didn't mean to be so, er, opaque with my riddle and hints. It is a classic one, relating to the one we all learned as kids that works better spoken: 'what's black and white and (read) all over?' Now that you see that, you can guess what the travelling and speaking parts are...

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi here's my riddle I'm as old as time but not as old as a tree i glow for many but hide darkness I'm always on the move but I never stay I'm forgotten but always remembered

Ensign
Oct 15, 2008
Hi, all! I'm new to these forums, and thought I'd put my hat in the ring for riddles.

I have to say I can't seem to figure out the answer to Swordcoral's riddles, but I have a few of my own.

The first one is pretty easy, the second one is moderately challaging, and my final one should really make you think.

Riddle 1 (quite appropriate, us being pirates and all):

There is a vessle with no lock or lid
yet golden treasure inside is hid.

What is it?

Riddle 2:

All things it devours
birds, trees, beasts, flowers
dispells whole oceans,
bites through steel
grinds whole mountains into meal

What is it?

Riddle 3 (re-written for the spiral universe):

Sherlock Bones is given a case where a visiting Monquistan lady is found dead after her and her husband have taken a trip to Hyde Park aboard a flying car, where one needs a ticket to ride to a location, and one to ride back.
However, the huband insists that he had nothing to do with his wifes death, and refuses to have his room searched.

Sherlock, knowing that he can wrap this up with minimal effort, asks to look at the tickets the couple purchased for the air-car ride. Once the noble hands them over, Sherlock looks over then and proclaims that the noble is guilty, and the police are able to arrest him.

How did he know that the Monquistan Noble was guilty?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SorcererOwl on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
Hi, all! I'm new to these forums, and thought I'd put my hat in the ring for riddles.

I have to say I can't seem to figure out the answer to Swordcoral's riddles, but I have a few of my own.

The first one is pretty easy, the second one is moderately challaging, and my final one should really make you think.

Riddle 1 (quite appropriate, us being pirates and all):

There is a vessle with no lock or lid
yet golden treasure inside is hid.

What is it?

Riddle 2:

All things it devours
birds, trees, beasts, flowers
dispells whole oceans,
bites through steel
grinds whole mountains into meal

What is it?

Riddle 3 (re-written for the spiral universe):

Sherlock Bones is given a case where a visiting Monquistan lady is found dead after her and her husband have taken a trip to Hyde Park aboard a flying car, where one needs a ticket to ride to a location, and one to ride back.
However, the huband insists that he had nothing to do with his wifes death, and refuses to have his room searched.

Sherlock, knowing that he can wrap this up with minimal effort, asks to look at the tickets the couple purchased for the air-car ride. Once the noble hands them over, Sherlock looks over then and proclaims that the noble is guilty, and the police are able to arrest him.

How did he know that the Monquistan Noble was guilty?
Welcome to the message boards, SorcererOwl!
Anyone who has read The Hobbit knows the answer to the first two riddles.
1. an egg
2. time
3. I'm no Sherlock Bones, but I'm guessing that the poor Monquistan lady's return ticket wasn't punched, so her husband ( a dastardly simian ) murdered her in Hyde Park?