Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revive Nautical PvP!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Unfortunately, Nautical PvP does not appear to be a commonly used thing.

Since it's release, it appears to rarely be filled to capacity, if there's anyone in it at all. Therefore, attempts might be made to improve it. I have some ideas!

1: Different modes.

Team Showdown, where two teams with at least three ships each face each other in a fierce battle to be the last team standing. Each person has three Balloons (Hearts) to prevent an advantage early on. There is no safe zone, but a respawn area for each team.

Take the Turret, where each team has a turret similar to the Armada Turret in Westminster Skyway. The goal is to protect your own turret and sink the rival team's turret. The turret can defend itself, but guarding it is ultimately it's team's priority. Players have infinite Balloons.

Gunner's Gauntlet, where a single team fights progressively tougher waves of enemy ships for rewards. Fallen ships respawn at the end of each round

The current nautical PvP can be renamed to Free-for-all

2: Rewards

Rewards of gold, and possibly unique nautical gear, would increase attention.

3: Badges for the new games

Hopefully some of these ideas can be implemented into the game, and revive Nautical PvP!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Lookit Light on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:
Unfortunately, Nautical PvP does not appear to be a commonly used thing.

Since it's release, it appears to rarely be filled to capacity, if there's anyone in it at all. Therefore, attempts might be made to improve it. I have some ideas!

1: Different modes.

Team Showdown, where two teams with at least three ships each face each other in a fierce battle to be the last team standing. Each person has three Balloons (Hearts) to prevent an advantage early on. There is no safe zone, but a respawn area for each team.

Take the Turret, where each team has a turret similar to the Armada Turret in Westminster Skyway. The goal is to protect your own turret and sink the rival team's turret. The turret can defend itself, but guarding it is ultimately it's team's priority. Players have infinite Balloons.

Gunner's Gauntlet, where a single team fights progressively tougher waves of enemy ships for rewards. Fallen ships respawn at the end of each round

The current nautical PvP can be renamed to Free-for-all

2: Rewards

Rewards of gold, and possibly unique nautical gear, would increase attention.

3: Badges for the new games

Hopefully some of these ideas can be implemented into the game, and revive Nautical PvP!
The problem is if there is Ranked Ship PVP it currently would be unfair, as an Aquila Galleon or Marleybone Galleon with boss gear would always win. This could be fixed by offering more ship powers and things like that.

I would like to have sails that contain a heal or guaranteed critical hit, the same thing for my ships figurehead, and my ships horn, and ships steering wheel. The cannons should obviously only provide a guaranteed critical hit.

I would also like the ability to ram other ships.

Yes this is a good idea though.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
What I don't like about ship pvp is that it's almost always a gang of friends taking out anyone else who enters the canyon. There is no incentive for a single ship to try.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like your Take the Turret idea. It sounds fun.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
I like your Take the Turret idea. It sounds fun.
Thank you! I'm glad this is getting attention.