Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Return of the Armada

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Even though we will eventually defeat the Armada, a second one may arise: the Marleybone War Golems!

Though it is undecided who actually said it (as there are many variations of it), someone once said, "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Like Valencia, Marleybone has a production line of mechanical men -- thus possibly dooming them to repeat the Valencian Clockwork fiasco.

There is a slim possibility that the War Golems would revolt on their own, but what if the Armada engaged war with Marleybone purely to gain control of the War Golems? What if they have a man (or woman) on the inside (of the War Golem production)?

Better yet, what if they had control early on? If this were so, they could cause the Golems to turn on the Marleybone Navy, an event comparable to Order 66 (from the third prequel installment of Star Wars). It could also introduce a possible Marleybone expansion (as we will have to save Marleybone because we are now agents of the crown).

This is a very broad theory, indeed. I don't necessarily believe this theory that I have constructed (I apologize if someone posted this theory beforehand), but I'm going to keep an open mind about it. Feel free to criticize, compliment, or take from this theory.

- Jack

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I definitely see what you mean but it might be a little different then the armada. The war golems are pretty dumb not smart like the armada and there much bigger then the average armada troop. Maybe a actual person could be in control of them or possibly marleybone creates a super war golem.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
An interesting idea, Jack, though as villains I don't think the Marleybonian golems would measure up to the Armada. Oh, they can be definitely scary and dangerous, but ultimately, they are clunky mechanicals (one almost might say 'rude mechanicals', but Hawkules already took that clever line ). They don't have the fey characteristics of the Armada - even the rank and file have a certain eerie beauty, which attracts even as their living/non-living movements repel.

Even more so, Kane and his Elites are both frightening and fascinating, inspiring a very dangerous (!) curiousity. The Elites all have a peculiar strangeness in both their looks and manners (except perhaps for Rooke, who is the most straightforward of the lot. One is never uncertain of where you stand with him! Still, he too has a rather mythic role and place as 'the Black Knight') And then Kane and the Lady Elite (at least as far as we can tell from the Puppet Show) go a step further and possess beauty as well: a pure, cold beauty. I think that this beauty will be one of the most scary things about them, when we encounter them at last.

The golems do not give the impression of life; they remain solidly machines. Kane and his ilk inspire questions about the border between life and non-life. Sort of like the real-life examples of viruses: because they have no cell structure, viruses are considered non-living. But yet viruses can subvert and kill living cells and make more of their kind. But can such be considered 'life'? Once we know more about the Armada, I'm sure such questions will only become more thought-provoking.

Ensign
May 23, 2014
Very cool theories. I distinctly like the betrayal order....that would change the course of the war...again....it would just be so interesting. Nice job!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Well, I found something that made me believe that most of this theory could be true: War Golems in Bishop's laboratory! I was quite surprised to find several War Golems scattered throughout the lab and even more surprised to see that some were right next to the clockwork pigeons (some of both taken apart for further inspection).

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
An interesting idea, Jack, though as villains I don't think the Marleybonian golems would measure up to the Armada. Oh, they can be definitely scary and dangerous, but ultimately, they are clunky mechanicals (one almost might say 'rude mechanicals', but Hawkules already took that clever line ). They don't have the fey characteristics of the Armada - even the rank and file have a certain eerie beauty, which attracts even as their living/non-living movements repel.

Even more so, Kane and his Elites are both frightening and fascinating, inspiring a very dangerous (!) curiousity. The Elites all have a peculiar strangeness in both their looks and manners (except perhaps for Rooke, who is the most straightforward of the lot. One is never uncertain of where you stand with him! Still, he too has a rather mythic role and place as 'the Black Knight') And then Kane and the Lady Elite (at least as far as we can tell from the Puppet Show) go a step further and possess beauty as well: a pure, cold beauty. I think that this beauty will be one of the most scary things about them, when we encounter them at last.

The golems do not give the impression of life; they remain solidly machines. Kane and his ilk inspire questions about the border between life and non-life. Sort of like the real-life examples of viruses: because they have no cell structure, viruses are considered non-living. But yet viruses can subvert and kill living cells and make more of their kind. But can such be considered 'life'? Once we know more about the Armada, I'm sure such questions will only become more thought-provoking.
Beautifully written, Anne. You have a gift for words.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
Well, I found something that made me believe that most of this theory could be true: War Golems in Bishop's laboratory! I was quite surprised to find several War Golems scattered throughout the lab and even more surprised to see that some were right next to the clockwork pigeons (some of both taken apart for further inspection).
That is a good observation, Jack, though I had interpreted the presence of the War Golems as Bishop attempting to find out the extent of the technology used by the Marleyboneans. He surely has a vested interest in knowing how the enemy's weapons work!

However, your post made me think that perhaps there might be more to it... could Bishop find a way to subvert the War Golems or inactivate them? Certainly, there has already been an important 'subversion' plot, but that was from a Marleybonean traitor. The Armada's take on subversion would likely be entirely different.

Or, perhaps Bishop would be interested in something like the multiple weapon technology of the War Golems... utilizing that sort of technology, getting rid of the clunky, slow golems and combining the desired traits to the sophisticated, streamlined, fast Armada models... yes, that could be a new, very scary enemy indeed!