Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvE

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
What do PvE players even do after beating the game and get their gear? Just battle random enemies in the same battle over and over and over again?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
if your not into pvp, then you can do new playthroughs on a new class. the story doesnt really change, but the diiferent gameplay is refreshing. you could also go crazy and get every badge in the game.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Blixet on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
if your not into pvp, then you can do new playthroughs on a new class. the story doesnt really change, but the diiferent gameplay is refreshing. you could also go crazy and get every badge in the game.
Well PvE sounds boring, once through the hydra and rooke with a non max character is enough for me, and i believe the only badge i dont have is kill troggy chief 25 times

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Players do a lot of other things like helping others, having parties, taking photographs, pet morphing, house decorating, ship racing, and I'm sure other people have other events they do. I once knew people who set up a house to play school.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Players do a lot of other things like helping others, having parties, taking photographs, pet morphing, house decorating, ship racing, and I'm sure other people have other events they do. I once knew people who set up a house to play school.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Us PvP players also do all that

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Us PvP players also do all that
Can I ask just one question (maybe 2)? Actually I guess maybe 3 or more, since that was a question as well.

Why the concerns, questions and even judgment over what PvE players do? If you are a PvP enthusiast, awesome for you and I surely hope you have a blast with PvP. Although I must say that it seems that there is sooooooooo much more complaining, ranting, hostility and/or arguing from players done within the realm and scope of the PvP world. This is merely an observation of mine based on what gets posted, not a judgment on players who enjoy PvP. Even though I don't PvP, I truly think it is great that they can enjoy that aspect of the game. And certainly not all complain mind you -- just seems that a lot of diehard PvP players that post, do so to complain about unfairness and OP/not OP, nerfing and such.

I would like to mention a couple (not sure if they are all avid PvP'ers, but they do respond to PvP topics) who are always extremely constructive, non-rude, positive and helpful with their feedback and post to bring valid concerns, issues and discussion to the table (that affect both PvP and PvE): Nesogra, Eric Stormbringer, Cunning Justin Silver, Merciless Morgrim, Swordroll, Lucas Walker, Deathwiz, Row4n. Sorry, to exclude any others, but these are just players that quickly came to mind that, from observations, seem to be into PvP, yet remain very positive in their discussions and suggestions concerning PvP. Of course there are a great many more PvP enthusiasts that offer the same positive feedback and also a lot of more casual PvPers here on the boards that remain positive and insightful with their constructive feedback, critiques and criticisms. But in general a loooooooot of negativity surrounds PvP and posting in regards to it.

Sorry, off track....again! My question(s) was why does it matter what PvE players do and why should it affect your game play? Like DuranteRamses87 (Dante) stated, so many of us just love to help others out and hang out with our in game (and IRL) friends, simply for enjoyment purposes. And honestly, it seems that those that are primarily playing the game from a PvE enjoyment aspect, rarely seem to get bored at all. Because they are engrossed in the story, dialogue, art and design, easter eggs, details of the game and also enjoying time in the Spiral with their friends. Because of this, there is never 'nothing to do' and all time spent is rewarding.

So most times it doesn't matter at all how, strictly PvE players spend their time, because even if it is the same thing over and over- no matter what it may be, it is fun and exciting just due to the fact that they are engaging in helpful or entertaining gameplay with their fellow pirate buddies.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
zuto4011a on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
What do PvE players even do after beating the game and get their gear? Just battle random enemies in the same battle over and over and over again?
But isn't that what PvP players do too? I mean, sure you're playing against another pirate or two or four, but in essence, aren't all fights essentially the same fight over and over again?

That's what we do. Play the game again with a different style of pirate to use different tactics. Help each other.

Presumably, when the game stops being fun, you stop playing, whether you're primarily PvP or PvE. If my enjoyment comes from playing vs AI and helping other pirates through the game, how on Earth does that affect your enjoyment of playing against another person? All I ask is that the talents and powers that are granted for PvE not be nerfed in the main game because the PvP players don't like to play against a certain class.

OK, that's not all I ask. I'd really like them to keep the whining about how different classes are over or under powered on the PvP board instead of spilling out onto the main boards. Just as there are discrete areas for you to fight each other in-game, there is a discrete area for you to bicker amongst yourselves on the fora. Please keep it there.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
zuto4011a on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Well PvE sounds boring, once through the hydra and rooke with a non max character is enough for me, and i believe the only badge i dont have is kill troggy chief 25 times
Well, just because you find something boring, does not mean the rest of the world should too.

There are many things for PvE players to do, farm for gold, farm for gear, help friends, train pets, collect pets, decorate houses, sink ships, nautical farm, and the list goes on and on. What most of us do, is play every class, all 5, we don't put all of our eggs in 1 basket and we learn how to play each class with strategy and know the strengths and weaknesses of each class.

To many PvE players, this is fun and a challenge.

Now, my question to you is, don't you play PVP for a challenge? If you do, why then do you complain every time something is changed or made challenging?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Just been helping a friend farm gold ( by fighting skyrdragons ) so she can buy a house. A bit of a grind, but with some perks - it killed my boredom, I got to help a friend, and I got a massive amount of gold to fund my morphing projects. All in all a good two to three hrs spent well. Guys, Misty has a house now!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Can I ask just one question (maybe 2)? Actually I guess maybe 3 or more, since that was a question as well.

Why the concerns, questions and even judgment over what PvE players do? If you are a PvP enthusiast, awesome for you and I surely hope you have a blast with PvP. Although I must say that it seems that there is sooooooooo much more complaining, ranting, hostility and/or arguing from players done within the realm and scope of the PvP world. This is merely an observation of mine based on what gets posted, not a judgment on players who enjoy PvP. Even though I don't PvP, I truly think it is great that they can enjoy that aspect of the game. And certainly not all complain mind you -- just seems that a lot of diehard PvP players that post, do so to complain about unfairness and OP/not OP, nerfing and such.

I would like to mention a couple (not sure if they are all avid PvP'ers, but they do respond to PvP topics) who are always extremely constructive, non-rude, positive and helpful with their feedback and post to bring valid concerns, issues and discussion to the table (that affect both PvP and PvE): Nesogra, Eric Stormbringer, Cunning Justin Silver, Merciless Morgrim, Swordroll, Lucas Walker, Deathwiz, Row4n. Sorry, to exclude any others, but these are just players that quickly came to mind that, from observations, seem to be into PvP, yet remain very positive in their discussions and suggestions concerning PvP. Of course there are a great many more PvP enthusiasts that offer the same positive feedback and also a lot of more casual PvPers here on the boards that remain positive and insightful with their constructive feedback, critiques and criticisms. But in general a loooooooot of negativity surrounds PvP and posting in regards to it.

Sorry, off track....again! My question(s) was why does it matter what PvE players do and why should it affect your game play? Like DuranteRamses87 (Dante) stated, so many of us just love to help others out and hang out with our in game (and IRL) friends, simply for enjoyment purposes. And honestly, it seems that those that are primarily playing the game from a PvE enjoyment aspect, rarely seem to get bored at all. Because they are engrossed in the story, dialogue, art and design, easter eggs, details of the game and also enjoying time in the Spiral with their friends. Because of this, there is never 'nothing to do' and all time spent is rewarding.

So most times it doesn't matter at all how, strictly PvE players spend their time, because even if it is the same thing over and over- no matter what it may be, it is fun and exciting just due to the fact that they are engaging in helpful or entertaining gameplay with their fellow pirate buddies.
No offense but i find it funny you used justin in your examples

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Eh, sometimes I do get tired of brawling with the same foes over and over again, it be a drag.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:

First and foremost,I will say that I have not experienced any negativity in the Brawlin'Hall/Sparing Chamber yet.Hmm...not sure if it's related to me being Menu Chat.............................

Anyways,though I was once fighting alongside a friend,who is bound to me via a true friend code.And believe it or not,despite the fact that we could use trash talk we didn't.When charming the opponents companions and saying:''Serve me!'';when using Jobu's Embrace saying:''Feed me!'' and such,doesn't count as mean.Because they are indeed feeding me,and they are indeed serving me .

Off topic,of course.After the battle,I gave a simple menu chatty bow.Then there was this boy standing around,he was indeed text chat,but was standind there repeating in menu chat,''Please be my friend.''

I came up to him,obviously feeling sorry,and said:''Hi!''

He offered me a friend request,I rejected it,and actually tried to talk to him.I don't accept friend requests,before turning to my would-be friend and actually trying to talk to them.

But no,all he wanted was someone to add to his list.He continued repeating that same sentence even though I continued repeating stuff like ''How be ye?''
''I'm level 36(or at least was back then).''

''Yohoho!''

And basically stuff like that.In the end,I had to pull away.Sorry,for wanting my friends to be acquaintances.

However,this thread is not about PvP negativity,it's about what max players can do while they wait at the level cap.This was merely to show that I am a PvP player,and that I am a PvE player.Though,considering non-attachment,I'm neither of those two.I'm a Hoodoo Master,who happens to play PvP,and I am a Hoodoo Master,who happens to play PvE.Yep.Not trapping myself in either of those two makes me the Hoodoo Master.With a little bit of variety there.

To me,there's a specific linear plan that I am to perform,once I am max,so here it is:
1.Run around Avery in circles,reveling in the news.
2.Tell everyone.And then run around them in circles,reveling in the news.
3.Get the proper gear through farming,and push my companions up.Stitch that gear to something that I actually like if I don't like it.(which includes playing KI free games until I get the crowns for stitching)
4.Admire artwork,and the layout of the many places,rewatch puppet shows,do sidequests and get badges
5.Pets.
6.Stare at my map of El Dorado.
7.HOUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS MUCH HOUSING AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!
8.Side quests,that I may have missed.Side quests offer a whole plethora of awesome information
9.Schedule all meet-ups,parrties,and repeat most of step 4 and 6
10.Ponder on those tidbits in the game not really revealed,to find material to bother Blind Mew.
11.Do my best to help the community,and Kingsisle.
12.MORE HOUSING!!!
13.By the time you get to this step,something new,even simple housing items,and new gears,so revel in that!!!

Um...I have a feeling I didn't help much with this...

TOEJBAFMAWPT(Thanks One Eyed Jack,Bonnie Anne for moderating as well as posting this)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
No offense but i find it funny you used justin in your examples
No offense taken of course, I was just 'speaking' on behalf of what I have actually read in threads on various forums. The majority of posts I personally have read from Justin have been constructive and kept non-hostile in nature. Not to say he or any others listed don't have legitimate complaints or voice displeasure about certain areas of the PvP system, just noting that what I have read has been to intelligently express a point, concern or detailed information about something that some PvP goers are less than happy about.

There's a monumental difference between being constructive with criticism, in order to provide insight or feedback, and simply just ranting or complaining and saying "this isn't fair" just because you don't like something and can't find ways to get around an obstacle. Certainly anyone mentioned on that list may have had rants or complaints at any given time that were not constructive or helpful, I simply have not read them or come across them on the various forums. Just the same as many others not on the list have indeed provided very positive feedback and constructive criticism, in efforts to bring to light an issue they were having with PvP.

Stating "this just stinks for me" does not provide the same positive feedback as "I would like to share in a constructive way why, to a great many, this may stink and may warrant looking into".

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
First and foremost,I will say that I have not experienced any negativity in the Brawlin'Hall/Sparing Chamber yet.Hmm...not sure if it's related to me being Menu Chat.............................

Anyways,though I was once fighting alongside a friend,who is bound to me via a true friend code.And believe it or not,despite the fact that we could use trash talk we didn't.When charming the opponents companions and saying:''Serve me!'';when using Jobu's Embrace saying:''Feed me!'' and such,doesn't count as mean.Because they are indeed feeding me,and they are indeed serving me .

Off topic,of course.After the battle,I gave a simple menu chatty bow.Then there was this boy standing around,he was indeed text chat,but was standind there repeating in menu chat,''Please be my friend.''

I came up to him,obviously feeling sorry,and said:''Hi!''

He offered me a friend request,I rejected it,and actually tried to talk to him.I don't accept friend requests,before turning to my would-be friend and actually trying to talk to them.

But no,all he wanted was someone to add to his list.He continued repeating that same sentence even though I continued repeating stuff like ''How be ye?''
''I'm level 36(or at least was back then).''

''Yohoho!''

And basically stuff like that.In the end,I had to pull away.Sorry,for wanting my friends to be acquaintances.

However,this thread is not about PvP negativity,it's about what max players can do while they wait at the level cap.This was merely to show that I am a PvP player,and that I am a PvE player.Though,considering non-attachment,I'm neither of those two.I'm a Hoodoo Master,who happens to play PvP,and I am a Hoodoo Master,who happens to play PvE.Yep.Not trapping myself in either of those two makes me the Hoodoo Master.With a little bit of variety there.

To me,there's a specific linear plan that I am to perform,once I am max,so here it is:
1.Run around Avery in circles,reveling in the news.
2.Tell everyone.And then run around them in circles,reveling in the news.
3.Get the proper gear through farming,and push my companions up.Stitch that gear to something that I actually like if I don't like it.(which includes playing KI free games until I get the crowns for stitching)
4.Admire artwork,and the layout of the many places,rewatch puppet shows,do sidequests and get badges
5.Pets.
6.Stare at my map of El Dorado.
7.HOUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS MUCH HOUSING AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!
8.Side quests,that I may have missed.Side quests offer a whole plethora of awesome information
9.Schedule all meet-ups,parrties,and repeat most of step 4 and 6
10.Ponder on those tidbits in the game not really revealed,to find material to bother Blind Mew.
11.Do my best to help the community,and Kingsisle.
12.MORE HOUSING!!!
13.By the time you get to this step,something new,even simple housing items,and new gears,so revel in that!!!

Um...I have a feeling I didn't help much with this...

TOEJBAFMAWPT(Thanks One Eyed Jack,Bonnie Anne for moderating as well as posting this)
Hello Felix. How ya been?

In truth, any negativity surrounding PvP in my post wasn't about what happens in the Brawlin' Hall, it was about what gets posted on the boards & on Central, primarily. It was a response to pretty much flat out bashing of some of the KI developers, which unfortunately has recently become increasingly more prevalent -- primarily due to changes, upgrades & tweaks to powers, talents & gear.

A lot of players have come down extremely hard on developers & had a lot of negative things to say about Ratbeard & changes that have been made. These rants & bashings have come almost solely from a PvP'ers perspective, & have been posted on the various forums, w/ thoughts that the PvP game has been ruined because of the changes. I absolutely have nothing against anyone who enjoys PvP & encourage them to do so, if in it they find great enjoyment. But what I have seen & read in the forums, begs the question to be asked- "If you truly enjoy PvP, why all the negativity & hostility towards the KI staff simply because of changes?"

I don't view or label myself as a PvP'er, a PvE'er, a strictly storyline player, a Two-Faced Buccaneer, a pirate, or an Epic Poet like my badge title states....I see myself as a real life individual who enjoys playing a fantastic game & all that it has to offer with great friends, peers & a wonderful community. I certainly am not trapped into residing in either the land of PvP or PvE -- I am a P101 enthusiast & have the utmost respect for the players & the developers that work hard to provide an enriched, engrossing & rewarding gaming experience.

The only reason for my posting was not to derail it from "what do PvE players even do anyways?", it was to address the underlying negative undertone that has resided on many of the P101 affiliated forums, in which a great majority of it has surrounded around PvP & displeasure with recent updates that may "ruin PvP" -- clearly coming from some that are diehard & 'elite' PvP enthusiasts. In this case a poster has presented many negative & somewhat hostile in nature posts that, in my eyes, aren't justified. So of course this thread may not be about PvP negativity, but with all of the recent bashing in regards to PvP & considering the negative undertone of some of the early responses & by certain posters in other threads.....well, sometimes things just need to be stated in hopes of those doing the complaining realizing that the developers of this game do care & are trying to provide a positive gaming experience to all players, not just ones that are elite PvP'ers.

I do love your list by the way -- it pretty much cleverly sums up how many of us spend our time in the Spiral, regardless of what areas of the game we enjoy the most! And like you, I too have many acquaintances on my friend list, but I also really enjoy having so-called random pirates on there as well....because everyone deserves & needs a little help sometimes. Plus, many of them have since become acqaintances.