Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Problem with friend's text chat account thing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 07, 2012
Hello,

I was guiding my friend about how to enable text chat. While we were doing this, we ran into a problem. You know after you click parental controls, you have to enter your master password? (And yes, she does know the password, so that's not a problem.) She told me that she didn't see "Login Master Password" anywhere on the screen. After reloading the page, that did nothing. I haven't encountered this problem myself, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried some researched and nothing helpful came up. Does she have to report this to KI, or does age have a play in this? Thank you to anyone who replies.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
It might not be so much of age as it is miscommunication, I can provide a step by step here...

1. Pirate101 Homepage, go to My account ( The overflowing treasure chest on the far top right of the screen)
2. You will have 5 tabs, guide your mouse over by the 5th tab but don't click it, under the fifth tab( not a part of it) there should be a Blue rectangular box with a red checkered flag next to it that says Login Master password.
If you don't see this blue box, It may be because of the age but i'm not sure, if I had to go with a gut feeling for this issue though, I'd say it was that.
3. The game is free to play for all ages
I've heard from other pirates that it takes the requirement of being at least 13+ years of age to gain access to free chat ( where you can type instead of menu chat) if this is the problem and she has a crossed out bubble in game, she must have issued the age for her game under 13.
If this isn't the problem and she has a white bubble, she is under the age of 18. In my personal experience, I am over the age of 18 and so I have access to text chat, although ( i think KI should change their policy about this) I'll talk about that another time, anyways, In order to gain text chat she must be over the age of 18 years old. To add onto that, you must have a purchase of $10 or more from the KI website ( I don't think this includes membership).

Please let me know if that helped and/or you have more questions i'm here to assist!

Ensign
Dec 07, 2012
Alright, we figured out what the problem was. Thank you for your reply, it wasn't exactly the problem, but still thank you.

--Fiona