Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Potential Companion Promotions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Since my previous post was all about how certain companions needed buffs, whether it be more epics, better epic choices or new powers. One of my main reasons for writing was not just because some companions need improvement, but because others need promotions, with the models for the promotion already in game.

Let me explain. For example, the Mustang Gaucho and Mustang Rowdy. If you were to go into the Santo Pollo General Store, or fight Johnny Ringo, you'd see there's an alternative set of clothing for the Mustang Gaucho that replaces his cowboy's brim with a sombrero! Wouldn't that be an easy way to promote a companion with no promotions? And I'm sure the same outfit could be used with the Mustang Rowdy.

Monterey Jack and Eric Jolly both have in-game models that could act as promotions. There's an enemy that looks very close to Eric Jolly, but with a straw hat and other differences in clothing. Monterey Jack appears as an enemy multiple times, and every time he wears a suit. As a companion, he doesn't wear one.

The Monquistador Explorer/Veteran and the Monquisitor both have sets of clothing they do not have as promotions. There are several Monquistador enemies that wear black and gold armor. These include El Nebuloso from The Presidio and Don Silvestro from the Summer Palace. These two also have the exact same model as the companion but with new armour. There are several NPCs who wear a priest's outfit who are also identical in every other way to the Monquisitor. These are two more examples of promotions that would take no effort to put in the game.

Are there any I've missed out? Let me know! I know KI doesn't pay much attention to Pirate and when they do, they don't really make a lot of unique stuff. I think this would be an easy way to make certain companions stronger. Besides, it's a shock some companions don't already have these promotions!

Hardy Quinn

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Angel Angle The Li... on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
Since my previous post was all about how certain companions needed buffs, whether it be more epics, better epic choices or new powers. One of my main reasons for writing was not just because some companions need improvement, but because others need promotions, with the models for the promotion already in game.

Let me explain. For example, the Mustang Gaucho and Mustang Rowdy. If you were to go into the Santo Pollo General Store, or fight Johnny Ringo, you'd see there's an alternative set of clothing for the Mustang Gaucho that replaces his cowboy's brim with a sombrero! Wouldn't that be an easy way to promote a companion with no promotions? And I'm sure the same outfit could be used with the Mustang Rowdy.

Monterey Jack and Eric Jolly both have in-game models that could act as promotions. There's an enemy that looks very close to Eric Jolly, but with a straw hat and other differences in clothing. Monterey Jack appears as an enemy multiple times, and every time he wears a suit. As a companion, he doesn't wear one.

The Monquistador Explorer/Veteran and the Monquisitor both have sets of clothing they do not have as promotions. There are several Monquistador enemies that wear black and gold armor. These include El Nebuloso from The Presidio and Don Silvestro from the Summer Palace. These two also have the exact same model as the companion but with new armour. There are several NPCs who wear a priest's outfit who are also identical in every other way to the Monquisitor. These are two more examples of promotions that would take no effort to put in the game.

Are there any I've missed out? Let me know! I know KI doesn't pay much attention to Pirate and when they do, they don't really make a lot of unique stuff. I think this would be an easy way to make certain companions stronger. Besides, it's a shock some companions don't already have these promotions!

Hardy Quinn
These are some honestly good suggestions. Many of these I've sometimes wondered to myself! I do have one! For Argos, what if we gave him the Cyclops models that have a silver helmet as a promotion.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I %10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 agree! There are several Samoorai models that could act as promotions for Taro Moomori or Masamune Goto, for example. There's already concept art for Monkey King's promotions in the "The Art of Mooshu" housing item. Giving Ju Hao an axe could be a way of promoting him. (Ju Hao in particular NEEDS to be promoted and given more talents. Considering he's available to all classes, we should be getting a lot more out of him.)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I believe the best way to address the issue would be to leave ideas here on what should be done to certain companions, and let Ratbeard look at our thoughts. If we leave good ideas, it might even make promotions for these poor fellows happen sooner. For example, here's my rough first draft on what the Yule Trogg should look like:

Initial changes: A power needs to be added to the Yule Trogg. To do it good without making it too powerful, I would recommend Sneak attack. (If possible, a randomized name from the Troggy name list would be nice)

First promotion at level 18: In terms of appearance change, it would now be wearing a vest sewn from mistletoe leaves.

First promotion changes: Along with the usual Epic Talent, the Trogg's Armour would increase, along with a slight Strength boost. Sneak Attack would change into Back Stab.

Second promotion at level 42: The Yule Trogg would gain arm and shin guards made from the same woolly red of Santa's jacket.

Second promotion changes: The Trogg would gain extra Health, and Back Stab would change to Assassin's Strike.

If you have a good idea on how to improve a companion you like, I urge you, say it here! It might even save the devs the trouble.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
One of the companion I think should be promoted is Prince Yulfest. He is such a great companion on my musketeer and I believe that he deserves a promotion, as well as some powers as well.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
sneaky fallon on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
One of the companion I think should be promoted is Prince Yulfest. He is such a great companion on my musketeer and I believe that he deserves a promotion, as well as some powers as well.
Ignoring appearance changes and specific levels, I believe a change for Prince Yulefest should look like this:

Initial changes: Prince Yulefest will have a power. Specifically, Grape Shot.

First promotion: Along with that extra Epic Talent, it gets a decent increase in Armour, Magic Resist, and Weapon Power. Grape Shot upgrades to Case Shot.

Second Promotion: Increased Health and Agility. Case Shot upgrades to Canister Shot.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
Lookit Light on Nov 11, 2019 wrote:
Ignoring appearance changes and specific levels, I believe a change for Prince Yulefest should look like this:

Initial changes: Prince Yulefest will have a power. Specifically, Grape Shot.

First promotion: Along with that extra Epic Talent, it gets a decent increase in Armour, Magic Resist, and Weapon Power. Grape Shot upgrades to Case Shot.

Second Promotion: Increased Health and Agility. Case Shot upgrades to Canister Shot.
I like that idea. A promotion like that for Prince Yulfest would be nice.