Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

possible secret boss locations

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Ok so I've looked literally almost everywhere looking for the secret boss that rat beard says is in the game... and haven't found it. But the thing is though we don't know what to look for. So maybe we've seen the secret boss but didn't know it? I found the bronze monkey's boat in mooshu and all the secret bosses in the toloc temple and a few other bosses. So if anyone has found any bosses that might be him pls let me know so we can farm him.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Last time we went on a hunt to discover the one secret boss in P101, it was none other than Lord Mixcoatl.

Mixcoatl is located in the Temple of Toloc, which the door to him needs to be opened by activating one statue, or, three, in my 1st time doing it.

Lord Mixcoatl is a fine secret boss, yet he lacks his own unique custom loot, let alone dialogue, boss cheats & even a badge by defeating him. Still, he's a good opponent to battle.

That's the one secret boss in the game now. Hope we receive an equivalent to Wizard101's well-received system of Skeleton Keys used to seek out secret bosses & more secret bosses, too. We all need very good challenges to keep Pirates happy, even secret challenges.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Trimond297 on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Last time we went on a hunt to discover the one secret boss in P101, it was none other than Lord Mixcoatl.

Mixcoatl is located in the Temple of Toloc, which the door to him needs to be opened by activating one statue, or, three, in my 1st time doing it.

Lord Mixcoatl is a fine secret boss, yet he lacks his own unique custom loot, let alone dialogue, boss cheats & even a badge by defeating him. Still, he's a good opponent to battle.

That's the one secret boss in the game now. Hope we receive an equivalent to Wizard101's well-received system of Skeleton Keys used to seek out secret bosses & more secret bosses, too. We all need very good challenges to keep Pirates happy, even secret challenges.
I actually don't think that's him because rat beard says the one secret boss would have cut loot but thx I guess. I'll just farm him and see if he eventually drops something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
I actually don't think that's him because rat beard says the one secret boss would have cut loot but thx I guess. I'll just farm him and see if he eventually drops something.
He's a secret boss because he's not on your map and you don't receive a quest for fighting him ( which is probably why there is no badge for his defeat. )

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
The secret boss is on the Isle of doom. Go to the first monkey camp, go up to the watermoles. Look for a Azteca looking cave and the boss is in there. He drops a custom sword

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
The secret boss is on the Isle of doom. Go to the first monkey camp, go up to the watermoles. Look for a Azteca looking cave and the boss is in there. He drops a custom sword
He's hardly secret, I think he's part of a companion promotion.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
the blood lord that drops the sword is from mormo's first promotion. lord mixcoatl is the secret boss, and i think that the developers accidentally put that piece of unique boss loot on the wrong blood lord.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
the blood lord that drops the sword is from mormo's first promotion. lord mixcoatl is the secret boss, and i think that the developers accidentally put that piece of unique boss loot on the wrong blood lord.
So... it was placed... in the wrong boss. Heh. What are the odds?

Well, maybe, should they have time, remove the custom loot drop item, the Primitive Greatsword from the Aztecosaur Blood Lord's loot table in The Gold Mine's Cave Tomb, now that we know that the boss is from a promotion quest, not a secret boss, rebalance it into a more suitable level, that is thirty & above, add new stats & a power, increase it's weapon damage, & add that into Lord Mixcoatl's loot table.

That would be Ratbeard's task. Should he have time to read this request, we would like it to be done someday.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
He's a secret boss because he's not on your map and you don't receive a quest for fighting him ( which is probably why there is no badge for his defeat. )
And he doesn't have dialogue for encountering & defeating him, too. Secret bosses should have those.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
And he doesn't have dialogue for encountering & defeating him, too. Secret bosses should have those.
Ok, I'm not wild about extra dialogue, but you have a point. Maybe something along the lines of: "How dare you disturb my rest! yadda, yadda, rants and threatens."

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I'm not wild about extra dialogue, but you have a point. Maybe something along the lines of: "How dare you disturb my rest! yadda, yadda, rants and threatens."
He should say "Who moved my cheese?!"

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I may have this in mind...

Before battling Mixcoatl...

"What is this? Who dares to disturb the final resting place of Lord Mixcoatl, one of Azteca's fearsome warlords our world has ever seen? A living smoothskin? Here? Impossible!

I have no idea how you managed to find this place, but I know you're in league with those strange outsiders that keep intruding Aztecan territory! None of you are all welcome, even here!

This temple served as the stronghold to our fearless leader, Xo'Chab Toloc, the merciless High Lord, who once attempted to siege the site where , in our home.

We were close to winning, until the Aztecosaurs stood against us, and with the aid of allies, such as the Avians and the Jaguars, they slew our leader, and used their Song of Slumber to bar us!

Now, I remain, trapped to never again leave this place! I may never know what became of our world since, but, now that I've awakened, you will never again see the light of day!"

And after defeating him...

"Enough! I yield, strange smoothskin! You are even mightier than any Aztecosaur I've faced, yet, you're no Aztecan.

The humiliation of my failures, now and before, will linger in my memory forever. Take your reward, and never return!"

How was that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:

"What is this? Who dares to disturb the final resting place of Lord Mixcoatl, one of Azteca's fearsome warlords our world has ever seen? A living smoothskin? Here? Impossible!

I have no idea how you managed to find this place, but I know you're in league with those strange outsiders that keep intruding Aztecan territory! None of you are all welcome, even here!

This temple served as the stronghold to our fearless leader, Xo'Chab Toloc, the merciless High Lord, who once attempted to siege the site where , in our home.

We were close to winning, until the Aztecosaurs stood against us, and with the aid of allies, such as the Avians and the Jaguars, they slew our leader, and used their Song of Slumber to bar us!

Now, I remain, trapped to never again leave this place! I may never know what became of our world since, but, now that I've awakened, you will never again see the light of day!"

"Enough! I yield, strange smoothskin! You are even mightier than any Aztecosaur I've faced, yet, you're no Aztecan.

The humiliation of my failures, now and before, will linger in my memory forever. Take your reward, and never return!"

How was that?
A little too long

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
A little too long
Well, some bosses in W101 & P101 had long dialogue conversations with many dialogue snippets, & little complained them being a little too long. I'm not such a one. I wouldn't mind.

Did you even hear, or remember, Turpio's defeat dialogue? It was rather long, yes, but I like how he was talking about how he was plotting to dispose the Principia Apparatus that held the Deus Ex Machina.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Snippet number three in Mixcoatl's dialogue wasn't complete. Sorry. Didn't remember to edit that. Here it is.

"This temple served as the stronghold to our fearless leader, Xo'Chab Toloc, the merciless High Lord, who once attempted to siege the City of Three Winds, located in our home."

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:

How was that?
Amazing but as Anecorbie said a little long, I would get rid of the second line to make it shorter

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Amazing but as Anecorbie said a little long, I would get rid of the second line to make it shorter
Should I remind that Gortez' speech had about 8 dialogue snippets before battling him in the Isle of Doom's Gold Monkey Valley? I wouldn't slice out some of his snippets either way, even it is long.

This isn't like W101, where many bosses have little dialogue snippets, before dueling them.

He holds the standing position of longest boss speech yet, in terms of dialogue snippets, unless another boss takes his place.

Also, Turpio has the position of longest defeat speech yet, which is 5 snippets, unless another boss takes his place.

Don't worry about that. Mixcoatl would presume we were with the Dogs that are excavating the Temples, & their noise-making was disturbing their sleep. Old Aztecosaurs that were sleeping probably presume things wrong.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Should I remind that Gortez' speech had about 8 dialogue snippets before battling him in the Isle of Doom's Gold Monkey Valley? I wouldn't slice out some of his snippets either way, even it is long.

This isn't like W101, where many bosses have little dialogue snippets, before dueling them.

He holds the standing position of longest boss speech yet, in terms of dialogue snippets, unless another boss takes his place.

Also, Turpio has the position of longest defeat speech yet, which is 5 snippets, unless another boss takes his place.

Don't worry about that. Mixcoatl would presume we were with the Dogs that are excavating the Temples, & their noise-making was disturbing their sleep. Old Aztecosaurs that were sleeping probably presume things wrong.
Gortez is a special case, as he's an "end of chapter" boss. In any case, when I was trying to unlock him, I just skipped the dialogue.
Turpio, as an actor, has the right to be over-dramatic; its part of his personality.
I actually prefer Captain Swing's dialogue, short and to the point and his defeat speech was funny.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Well, some bosses in W101 & P101 had long dialogue conversations with many dialogue snippets, & little complained them being a little too long. I'm not such a one. I wouldn't mind.

Did you even hear, or remember, Turpio's defeat dialogue? It was rather long, yes, but I like how he was talking about how he was plotting to dispose the Principia Apparatus that held the Deus Ex Machina.
We meet Phule in Valencia has a very long starting speech

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What I want to know is - why after 3 and a half years of P101 has no one found more than one secret boss? Is there only the one? Are there more, and why haven't they been found?
I know I've been running at doors and caves in dungeons I've been farming with no success. Is there any other way to find a secret boss?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I've often wondered if the folks at KI sometimes add secret bosses/areas with the sole intent being to monitor them to see if anyone ever finds them. No warning, no heads up, no clues... just a lonely, unmarked door somewhere that leads to potential mounds of goodies. If I was a programmer that's what I would do... but I'd be tempted to throw some clues in. And maybe a "First to Find It" type of badge too. It would be a way for players to get a one-of-a-kind badge!
It's fun to think that somewhere in Pirate or Wizard there might be undiscovered areas somewhere in the game.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
What I want to know is - why after 3 and a half years of P101 has no one found more than one secret boss? Is there only the one? Are there more, and why haven't they been found?
I know I've been running at doors and caves in dungeons I've been farming with no success. Is there any other way to find a secret boss?
You might need to ask Ratbeard about that. Programming is in his forte. He did begin the secret boss hunt a while ago. He's still very busy, I guess, but, you can ask him anyway. To remember, he mentioned "There's at least one optional, secret boss already in the game...", so, now, Mixcoatl is the one secret boss in the game.

You do have a point, though. Only 1 secret boss since P101's launch, I guess, & there weren't more made yet? No wonder we're lacking any good secret challenges to overcome lately. Guess they didn't know we wanted more secret bosses added yet.

I did say this game should have an equivalent to W101's Skeleton Key boss system. Would be nice if we had it to seek out more secret bosses in P101.

Hope KingsIsle makes time to add more secret bosses in P101, once Book 15 goes out.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
TucsonWizard on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
I've often wondered if the folks at KI sometimes add secret bosses/areas with the sole intent being to monitor them to see if anyone ever finds them. No warning, no heads up, no clues... just a lonely, unmarked door somewhere that leads to potential mounds of goodies. If I was a programmer that's what I would do... but I'd be tempted to throw some clues in. And maybe a "First to Find It" type of badge too. It would be a way for players to get a one-of-a-kind badge!
It's fun to think that somewhere in Pirate or Wizard there might be undiscovered areas somewhere in the game.
I checked all the caves in the game and he isn't in any of them or the many in aquila either so don't look there.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I'm still relatively new to P101 so I'm still learning some the finer details, one of which is that evidently there's a serious lack of (W101 equivalent) secret bosses in the game. That being said, I'm sure this has been suggested before because it makes perfect sense what with the game being all about piratin' and such... but wouldn't it be nice if we could find Treasure Maps? Just like receiving a quest from an NPC, they would require a series of tasks to complete a goal, just like a normal quest... the difference being that upon completion there would be a more substantial reward. Perhaps the chance to gain a Power or Ability you would normally have to use a training point for. Or maybe a new Companion or Pet. Or just plain old Treasure. Obviously these would have to be very rare, something like the chance to find Companion Training Tomes.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
We meet Phule in Valencia has a very long starting speech
And he doesn't battle us... yet. He just sent the Servus Commanders to halt us. I think we may battle Phule one day... he may make a good adversary, other than Bishop, Deacon, & Rooke.