Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Possible Pvp Ranking System: Bounties

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Now first and for most, I'd like to let you all know I really am against pvp, though because I did use to enjoy it with my friends on wizards yeard ago i think we can all give it a try again, weither you love it or hate it. So I had this idea that instead of using the wizard101 ranking system like private, and corporal, and commander, and warlord, we should use bounties instead. The more wins you get, the more dangerous you become, earning you a higher bounty, as if it were a title for a rank. It seems to fit a the pirate theme, and personally I find this more exciting then just a ranking title. What do you guys think of this?

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
I think thats a great idea! I was against PvP in W101 too. I think they could make a big change with it in P101. Especially with new battling styles. New PvP starts with new ranks!

Clever Cole,"The Perfectionist."

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
AstroStorm on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Now first and for most, I'd like to let you all know I really am against pvp, though because I did use to enjoy it with my friends on wizards yeard ago i think we can all give it a try again, weither you love it or hate it. So I had this idea that instead of using the wizard101 ranking system like private, and corporal, and commander, and warlord, we should use bounties instead. The more wins you get, the more dangerous you become, earning you a higher bounty, as if it were a title for a rank. It seems to fit a the pirate theme, and personally I find this more exciting then just a ranking title. What do you guys think of this?
if it is like a ladders system I'm all for it, used to play cards all the time when Yahoo! had a free ladders system... every month they would randomly rerank everyone's number and the person who had the lowest number (number 1) was at the top of the ladder. To remain at the top the player had to play 3 matches a day against different players all in the top 100. If they lost a match their number would go down by 1, if they didn't play all 3 their number would drop 3 points. If you were at position 200 and you played against position 20 and won your new position would be 110 (200 plus 20 all devided in half) and everyone you just passed would go up by 1, if you lost your new position would be 201. People who were ladder hogs would fight over position and beg those below them for games every day which was a fun thing to do. When ladders reset every month, people would enjoy working back up the ladder, and the same people always tended to get back to close to where they were before. Every month players' wins and losses and win and loss percents would be reset to 0. Yahoo! set up a ladders system for every game it had, and then they got greedy and made the ladders system a pay thing and lost all its players.