Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Plea to Make Captain Hande Farmable

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Howdy. I'm here to ask the beloved staff of Pirate101 to make the final boss of the Presidio Companions' promotion quest, Captain Hande in "Bob's My Uncle," accessible even after the quest's completion. I understand you may be unwilling to do that as you were with Captain Swing, but I would like to offer some valid points in support of my suggestion.

First off, Captain Hande is the only boss we know that actually drops some new and desirable loot. All other bosses in Valencia Part Two have yet to show any signs of dropping any good gear in the past week. Their drops have always been limited to mediocre stat boost items from Skull Island and Aquila. Hande is the only boss known to drop several hats, robes, boots, totems, rings, and charms all with unique powers and epics for every class. Yet, we are not able to fight him again after completing the promotion quest. This is ultimately keeping the players from obtaining some of the best gear in the game.

A lesser reason is because Captain Hande's model is incredibly unique and well-done. It would be a horrible waste to just discard it after the promotion quest. I'm not asking you to reuse it for any character other than Hande himself, because copying it would feel cheap and take away the uniqueness Hande currently has. Unique character models are definitely a delight in my eyes. What I'm asking you is to make his fight available, even after the promotion quest, so that his model can still have use and be admired among others.

I hope you will consider making Hande a farmable boss, as it would be great shame for many of us if he weren't. I would also like to make a final statement of pointing out that the Dread Manticore, Typhon, and Cadmus, who are all bosses in the promotion quest for the Magnificent Seven, are all able to be fought continuously, even after completing the Magnificent Seven's promotion. If these bosses are allowed to have continued access, then I cannot see why Captain Hande is not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Admiral on May 27, 2016 wrote:
Howdy. I'm here to ask the beloved staff of Pirate101 to make the final boss of the Presidio Companions' promotion quest, Captain Hande in "Bob's My Uncle," accessible even after the quest's completion. I understand you may be unwilling to do that as you were with Captain Swing, but I would like to offer some valid points in support of my suggestion.

First off, Captain Hande is the only boss we know that actually drops some new and desirable loot. All other bosses in Valencia Part Two have yet to show any signs of dropping any good gear in the past week. Their drops have always been limited to mediocre stat boost items from Skull Island and Aquila. Hande is the only boss known to drop several hats, robes, boots, totems, rings, and charms all with unique powers and epics for every class. Yet, we are not able to fight him again after completing the promotion quest. This is ultimately keeping the players from obtaining some of the best gear in the game.

A lesser reason is because Captain Hande's model is incredibly unique and well-done. It would be a horrible waste to just discard it after the promotion quest. I'm not asking you to reuse it for any character other than Hande himself, because copying it would feel cheap and take away the uniqueness Hande currently has. Unique character models are definitely a delight in my eyes. What I'm asking you is to make his fight available, even after the promotion quest, so that his model can still have use and be admired among others.

I hope you will consider making Hande a farmable boss, as it would be great shame for many of us if he weren't. I would also like to make a final statement of pointing out that the Dread Manticore, Typhon, and Cadmus, who are all bosses in the promotion quest for the Magnificent Seven, are all able to be fought continuously, even after completing the Magnificent Seven's promotion. If these bosses are allowed to have continued access, then I cannot see why Captain Hande is not.
A hearty "Yar!" and I agree completely. Those bosses of Aquila dropped some excellent gear and we were able to farm them after turning in the promotion quest - allowing us to promote and not leave that companion "hanging".
That was the big problem with Captain Swing; if you didn't know that turning in the promotion prevented you from farming his gear, you were out of luck. Those who knew about not turning in the promotion got to farm Swing, but at the expense of not giving Bonnie Anne her promoted epics.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
The Admiral on May 27, 2016 wrote:

I'd have to agree. He's a very unique boss with a unique model, and the gear is always a boon too. I second this notion!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I fer one agree, mate!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
May 14, 2009
Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Agree one hundred percent with you. Hoping that either they make the Captain Hande fight farmable or that they move his drop loot to a boss that is farmable.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I'm almost certain that if you don't turn the mission in you can keep farming him until you get what you're looking for

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Thank you for your support guys. I just realized this, but does anyone find it ironic that all of the unique looking Valencian gear is dropped by a boss in Skull Island, while a bunch of Skull island gear is dropped by Valencian bosses?

Ensign
May 14, 2009
turtlemcturtleton on May 31, 2016 wrote:
I'm almost certain that if you don't turn the mission in you can keep farming him until you get what you're looking for
That is 100% FALSE. I did not turn in the quest and could not fight him again. So he's a one time only boss.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
While I agree that it would be really nice to be able to repeat this battle, I just wanted to point out that he may NOT be the only source of this gear. We haven't seen the ending of the Chapter, so we don't know if the final battle enemies will also drop this same set of gear.