Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 and Wiard101 ar not in the same Spiral

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
You've read the title, and yes, this sounds insane but hear me out. I will refer to the pirate Spiral as Spiral A and the wizard Spiral as Spiral B. Each one of these has separate events happen.

Spiral A: In Skull Island, we come across the City of Gold where the aztecosaurs have escaped to after barely avoiding Xibalba destroying Azteca before we go to Mooshu and learn of Malistaire cursing the emperor which indicates in the pirate universe the Morganthe story line happened before the Malistaire story line. This also means in the pirate universe Malistaire the undying was not present on Xibalba.

Spiral B: In this universe, during the boxes event in Wizard101 we allow our pirate to be saved by Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, where as in the pirate universe we are just rescued by Bochbeard and Mr. Gandry and not our wizard. However, in the boxes event Skull Island enemies have much more health, being in the thousands instead of the hundreds. Because of this, when Deacon attacks us with battle angels which are stronger than they are in the pirate universe, Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry and our pirate are easily overpowered. The only survivor is Mr. Gandry, who barely escapes, and goes off to the Inn of the Midnight Sun to mourn the loss of Bochbeard.

Now these universes at one point of the game crossed over with each other on accident.

Bonnie Anne's 3rd promotion: Bonnie Anne is tasked with sniping Rooke from afar and we enter the place where the event will take place. However, Deacon intervenes and stops our pirate. However, if this if being done post Cool Ranch, Deacon is dead. This fits perfectly with the theory that the Deacon from Spiral B accidentally entered Spiral A.

Now this is all speculation but I thought I would just share this theory. Feel free to leave your comments, and see you in the spiral.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Alex the Pirate on Jun 4, 2016 wrote:
You've read the title, and yes, this sounds insane but hear me out. I will refer to the pirate Spiral as Spiral A and the wizard Spiral as Spiral B. Each one of these has separate events happen.

Spiral A: In Skull Island, we come across the City of Gold where the aztecosaurs have escaped to after barely avoiding Xibalba destroying Azteca before we go to Mooshu and learn of Malistaire cursing the emperor which indicates in the pirate universe the Morganthe story line happened before the Malistaire story line. This also means in the pirate universe Malistaire the undying was not present on Xibalba.

Spiral B: In this universe, during the boxes event in Wizard101 we allow our pirate to be saved by Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, where as in the pirate universe we are just rescued by Bochbeard and Mr. Gandry and not our wizard. However, in the boxes event Skull Island enemies have much more health, being in the thousands instead of the hundreds. Because of this, when Deacon attacks us with battle angels which are stronger than they are in the pirate universe, Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry and our pirate are easily overpowered. The only survivor is Mr. Gandry, who barely escapes, and goes off to the Inn of the Midnight Sun to mourn the loss of Bochbeard.

Now these universes at one point of the game crossed over with each other on accident.

Bonnie Anne's 3rd promotion: Bonnie Anne is tasked with sniping Rooke from afar and we enter the place where the event will take place. However, Deacon intervenes and stops our pirate. However, if this if being done post Cool Ranch, Deacon is dead. This fits perfectly with the theory that the Deacon from Spiral B accidentally entered Spiral A.

Now this is all speculation but I thought I would just share this theory. Feel free to leave your comments, and see you in the spiral.
Interesting observations - but in the Spiral, time is in a continuous state of flux and seems to be tethered to each individual character. There are many examples, in both "versions" of the Spiral, where events have either already happened, are currently happening, or are yet to happen. The Xibalba incident is a perfect example. As young(er) wizards we go there prior to the impending disaster and we move on after the disaster has occurred. But at the same time as we're there witnessing the "fallout" of the comet's shards there are other, lower level wizards there at the same time who do not see what we see. For them, the disaster is yet to occur.
Trying to tie together all of the "loose ends" in the Spiral timeline is a frustrating exercise in futility.
(But Ol' Zeke knows what's going on... he's everywhere, all the time - at the same time! I still don't think he's the simple prospector he'd like us to believe he is.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Yeah... I don't think that theory will work.

For instance, there's no separate Spiral copies, only the Spiral is the one and the same universe both games take place in. The games' events' timelines intertwine with each other time to time, W101's events have impacts that may start some events in P101 & such, P101's events do have events that also impact back to W101, like how Pirates made Marleymite to feed the complaining Kurghas that only want bad food to battle their enemies, & later in W101, Marleymite has made it's way to the Walruskberg Harbor, which Wizards take to the stranded hungry dogs trying to discover Polaris, where it's already been discovered long ago.

Nevertheless, Spiral A or Spiral B, they do not exist. Just only the one and the same Spiral we've known, and one that has broadened well since P101 was Live. Who knows what will be next to even more broaden the Spiral, that will leave it with many more new worlds not even seen in W101 or P101? Events in both games have impacts, & they lead to more events that intertwine with each other in both games.

Plus, in the Inn of the Midnight Sun, I presume Boochbeard's away to do some pirating on his own, while Mr. Gandry sits, waiting for him to come back, which is inevitable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I've got to reply to your points one by one:
Spiral A
Xol Akmul is not the "City of Gold" ( if you mean El Dorado ). The Aztecosaurs who escaped there were fleeing the first encounter with Xibalba and not the return of that comet with Morganthe controlling the Lords of Night.
The news of the Emperor's curse being lifted by a brave wizard is slow to travel to the provinces. Central, Imperial MooShu is very far from the areas we travel as you can tell by looking at the sky ( noon for W101, sunrise for P101 ).
Spiral B
BOXES event with the higher health of enemies - well, that's game mechanics. W101 devs could hardly put Armada soldiers at the level ( and health ) we first encounter them & provide a challenging adventure for wizards, so this argument is based on a false premise.
Bonnie Anne's promotion: IF players kept Bonnie Anne leveled within 2 levels of their pirate and do her promotion at the right time; there would be NO confusion on encountering Deacon. This promotion was intended to be done BEFORE the Motherlode Mine encounter. So this argument is also based on a false premise.
We're in the same Spiral and our actions are running along side the actions in W101.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Some points:

"the City of Gold where the aztecosaurs have escaped to after barely avoiding Xibalba destroying Azteca"

I was under this impression for a long time, but those Aztecosaurs fled Azteca because Morganthe took the Lords of Night; they left long before she put her plan to drop Xibalba into motion. ("seeking refuge from the Cataclysm to come")

"we go to MooShu and learn of Malistaire cursing the emperor"

Following with what I said above, it fits in with the pirate exploring MooShu while the wizard is in Marleybone. Nothing here points to alternate universes.

"during the boxes event in Wizard101 we allow our pirate to be saved by Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, where as in the pirate universe we are just rescued by Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry and not our wizard"

The events of that particular BOX quest leads to BB & Gandry rescuing our pirate. The dialogue at the end (I cannot find the exact quote) says something like, "Now that we know Deacon is after this pirate, we're going to rescue them!" Your wizard was never on Decon's ship to rescue your pirate; it was a Red Crab ship & if I remember correctly, the Armada was working with them to take BB & Gandry prisoner. The levels of the creatures in the BOX were aimed for wizards level 60+, so that has no correlation to SI being P101's starting world.

"Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry and our pirate are easily overpowered. The only survivor is Mr. Gandry"

I'm not sure where you got this from.

"Deacon intervenes and stops our pirate...Deacon from Spiral B accidentally entered Spiral A"

Two things here. First of all, this is Bonnie Anne's second promo, not third. Secondly, if you don't do the promo while you're in Port Regal or before Motherlode Mine like you're supposed to, it's an unavoidable paradox, which doesn't really point to any sort of separate Spiral.

All that aside, a multiverse, er, multiSpiral theory is interesting. I personally think time flows a little differently in each world of a singular Spiral.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Well... why's Azteca lookin' like a Spiral 1 planetoid, when we discover it through that telescope in Spiral 2 Marleybone, eh?
And why'd Phule describe all worlds as planetoids before the final battle in test, eh?

Captain
May 16, 2011

Yeah, no. Nice take on the matter, however the Pirate and Wizard worlds do correspond, much more often than you mentioned. It's unclear when the timelines intertwine, but they do meet. Bonnie Anne's promo quest is only a mistake Blind Mew said he wouldn't make again. The B.O.X.E.S. Skull Island event isn't meant to make Pirate enemies seem much stronger, it's just a scale, as it's meant for Wizards levels 60+. These aren't nods to multiple universes.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Seeing all this information, I have decided to rewrite with all the events taking place in the same spiral. MASSIVE SPOILERS in Bonnie Anne section

Spiral A: The Aztecasaurs fled after the Lords of night were captured by Morganthe because they were scared of what would come next. Around this time Malistaire cursed the emperor of Mooshu debunking the theory that the timeline is out of order.

Spiral B: The clockworks used on the red claw ship (also, I thought these events took place on Deacon's ship, Sorry about the mistake, I should have looked into it more) were 4 prototype special magic-enhanced clockworks that are wizard destroyed, forcing Deacon to use normal ones on his ship when fending our pirate off. In the Inn of the Midnight son Boochbeard was off doing something, and Gandry was waiting for hime to return.

Bonnie Anne's 2nd (not 3rd) promotion: More things have been released since my first post that will explain this, but first... MASSIVE SPOILERS This reveals a major plot point in the game for Valencia part II so if you want no spoilers, turn back now.

Kane rebuilds Rooke and Deacon which means this Deacon is simply another Deacon. Kane told this Deacon to act like he remembers us so he would not reveal that there are multiple.

I have loved writing on this topic and seeing all of your comments. Thank you all and see you in the spiral.