Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 a little un-piratey?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
If you ask me this game should be called adventure101. The only thing that makes us pirates is our ships. Skull Island and Marleybone seem to be the most pirate like worlds. I do not mind dressing as a gladiator or ninja, but I do wish there would be more specific pirate styled gear in areas such as mooshu and Aquila. Ships are fine, it's just costume I am worried about. I am not saying that the limit of pirate gear makes this game bad (no, it has it's own cool uniqueness), but having more pirate themed gear would be nice as well. How would a mix between a gladiator helmet and a golden tricorne look like?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Two words: CROWNS, and STITCHING.
Buying crowns supports the game anyway, so why not?

Community Leader
Keep in mind that the word "Pirate" is descriptive as to attitude and actions, not towards a specific race, country, or "look".
"Pirates" from other geographical areas look and dress differently.
Who is to say that a "ninja" is not a sort of Asian pirate?
Or that a Gladiator was not a Roman pirate so to speak.

What some traditionally think of as a pirate, is in reality a limited perspective.

Not all pirates have eye patchs, peg legs, and sailor hats....

If anything Pirate101 helps to broaden our perspective of pirates globally.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Kai Alcott on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Two words: CROWNS, and STITCHING.
Buying crowns supports the game anyway, so why not?
I did not mean stitch pirate gear with Aquila gear. I meant aquilan styled pirate gear (did you understand what I mean now). I mean those mooshu wizards have pointy hats switch a mask, and it's still very wizardy. It's just an addition I suggested that's all.