Pirate Age Question

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
224
I know that in another post that Blind Mew said our pirates are between 10 and 16. But I have a different system for my pirates. I consider their levels their age. I wonder if anyone else had something like this.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
97
GBalance101 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I know that in another post that Blind Mew said our pirates are between 10 and 16. But I have a different system for my pirates. I consider their levels their age. I wonder if anyone else had something like this.
Well, if that were true, my pirate would be 54.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
GBalance101 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I know that in another post that Blind Mew said our pirates are between 10 and 16. But I have a different system for my pirates. I consider their levels their age. I wonder if anyone else had something like this.
Hmmm, interesting thought but I am not sure how much jumping and flipping an aged 65 or higher swashbuckler could do, lol. Unless our pirates aged like Jack LaLanne.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
My character age system is not all that far from the given one. With a few exceptions, my characters are typically imagined as being in the child to young adult ages. Emma, Keira, Valerie, and Savannah are all 18 years old, with Amy being younger by a bit more than a year at 17. The oldest character I own is Bastet Massri, a Krokotopian goddess whose age is somewhere around 6,000 years old. Lamia's age depends on how you view it. She's thirteen years old and fifteen years dead. ;)

The concept of character levels being their age is probably not a realistic way of thinking. Seeing as our characters hardly have a change in appearance, I doubt that a level 65 pirate is 65 years old. It's hard to imagine someone that old flipping around with knives, swords, guns, staffs, axes, etc, battling to the death with various creatures.

Another thing to consider is the age of our companions. They have no changes whatsoever either. And it'd be an awfully quick aging system as well, and I doubt a pirate has leisurely 65+ years to stop the Armada.

So, I think the age is up to the player. Which I'm thankful for, as I like to imagine my own characters. Some of them I picture as looking younger than they are, or older. Their various features depend on my imagining, and my collection of characters remains fairly diverse.

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
177
First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
GBalance101 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I know that in another post that Blind Mew said our pirates are between 10 and 16. But I have a different system for my pirates. I consider their levels their age. I wonder if anyone else had something like this.
I did when I was a seven year old playing Wizard101 a few years ago, but Kai is 15. I decided that a few months ago, that he was 15, not 34. Laura and Felix are both below level 10.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
My character age system is not all that far from the given one. With a few exceptions, my characters are typically imagined as being in the child to young adult ages. Emma, Keira, Valerie, and Savannah are all 18 years old, with Amy being younger by a bit more than a year at 17. The oldest character I own is Bastet Massri, a Krokotopian goddess whose age is somewhere around 6,000 years old. Lamia's age depends on how you view it. She's thirteen years old and fifteen years dead. ;)

The concept of character levels being their age is probably not a realistic way of thinking. Seeing as our characters hardly have a change in appearance, I doubt that a level 65 pirate is 65 years old. It's hard to imagine someone that old flipping around with knives, swords, guns, staffs, axes, etc, battling to the death with various creatures.

Another thing to consider is the age of our companions. They have no changes whatsoever either. And it'd be an awfully quick aging system as well, and I doubt a pirate has leisurely 65+ years to stop the Armada.

So, I think the age is up to the player. Which I'm thankful for, as I like to imagine my own characters. Some of them I picture as looking younger than they are, or older. Their various features depend on my imagining, and my collection of characters remains fairly diverse.

Ciao!
I like to do this too. I think the game is a lot more fun when you make up your pirate's age. I imagine Griffin at age 15 and cyrus age 18.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
740
My characters "age" are based off a future roleplay/fanfiction
Dead-Eye Tyler Collins : 16
Dead-Eye Tyler Collins : 16 (Twin of my swashbuckler)
Sophia : 13
Funny Krystal Hawkins : 13
Lazy Rachel Webb : 12 but is said to be a reincarnation of an ancient evil spellcaster who could summon lightning from 1000 years ago or possible the
Daring Destiny Dove: 12

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
This is interesting topic ,sure my pirates may started as a young teen or a mature child at the start.But as the storyline progresses, I imagine my pirates mature as they progress in the game.

Reckless Nicole Ramsey - Started in the game, as a 15 year old pirate. She is currently in Moo Shu and she is currently a 35 year old pirate. She started as a teen and now she is becomeing a full pledge adult.

Amber Underwood - Started as a 12 year old now she is on her way to Valencia, she is currently 15 years old. She started as a Child and currently a young teen, I can't wait in my imagination to mature her to a young adult.

Jessica Orton - Started as a 14 year old pirate, currently in cool ranch now she is 24 year old pirate.She is now a young adult, she is now in her prime time.

Slick Brittany Andrews- Started as a 15 year old pirate, almost done with SI she only mature 2 years she is now 17 years old.

Sneaky Isabel Morgan - Started as a 10 year old pirate, only aged 1 year, she is 11 years old. She is still a mature child,but someday will grow to an adult.

That is how i imagine my pirate's age,how they stayed young post teen years well it's a mystery.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
740
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
My characters "age" are based off a future roleplay/fanfiction
Dead-Eye Tyler Collins : 16
Dead-Eye Tyler Collins : 16 (Twin of my swashbuckler)
Sophia : 13
Funny Krystal Hawkins : 13
Lazy Rachel Webb : 12 but is said to be a reincarnation of an ancient evil spellcaster who could summon lightning from 1000 years ago or possible the
Daring Destiny Dove: 12
sorry it got cut off for some reason and I can't edit it

the ending to my witchdoctor is: "or possibly the daughter of said spellcaster"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
My character age system is not all that far from the given one. With a few exceptions, my characters are typically imagined as being in the child to young adult ages. Emma, Keira, Valerie, and Savannah are all 18 years old, with Amy being younger by a bit more than a year at 17. The oldest character I own is Bastet Massri, a Krokotopian goddess whose age is somewhere around 6,000 years old. Lamia's age depends on how you view it. She's thirteen years old and fifteen years dead. ;)

The concept of character levels being their age is probably not a realistic way of thinking. Seeing as our characters hardly have a change in appearance, I doubt that a level 65 pirate is 65 years old. It's hard to imagine someone that old flipping around with knives, swords, guns, staffs, axes, etc, battling to the death with various creatures.

Another thing to consider is the age of our companions. They have no changes whatsoever either. And it'd be an awfully quick aging system as well, and I doubt a pirate has leisurely 65+ years to stop the Armada.

So, I think the age is up to the player. Which I'm thankful for, as I like to imagine my own characters. Some of them I picture as looking younger than they are, or older. Their various features depend on my imagining, and my collection of characters remains fairly diverse.

Ciao!
Just to add on, I have a lot of characters, meaning a lot of age diversity. XD

Karina: 11
Roseangela: 12
V: 12
Desiree: 14
Cori: 15
Evangeline: 15
Morgan: 15
Adrian: 15
Elissa: 15
Coron: 15
Cori: 15
Sakura: 16
James: 16
Monica: 16
Marina: 16
Angelika: 17
Amy: 17
Anneke: 17
Sonata: 17
Gelle: 17
Salem: 17
Amber: 18
Emma: 18
Keira: 18
Valerie: 18
Savannah: 18
Hallow: 18
Cerebella: 19
Cadenza: 19
Lamia: 28 (13 years old, 15 years dead)
Octavia: Unknown
Damien: Unknown
Kirohime: Unknown
Bastet: 6,000+ years old (she's a Krokotopian goddess with a human form)
Trinity: Unknown
Raven: Unknown, but in her late teens

Agh, I have more but I can't seem to remember right now. Ah well.

Ciao !

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
97
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
Just to add on, I have a lot of characters, meaning a lot of age diversity. XD

Karina: 11
Roseangela: 12
V: 12
Desiree: 14
Cori: 15
Evangeline: 15
Morgan: 15
Adrian: 15
Elissa: 15
Coron: 15
Cori: 15
Sakura: 16
James: 16
Monica: 16
Marina: 16
Angelika: 17
Amy: 17
Anneke: 17
Sonata: 17
Gelle: 17
Salem: 17
Amber: 18
Emma: 18
Keira: 18
Valerie: 18
Savannah: 18
Hallow: 18
Cerebella: 19
Cadenza: 19
Lamia: 28 (13 years old, 15 years dead)
Octavia: Unknown
Damien: Unknown
Kirohime: Unknown
Bastet: 6,000+ years old (she's a Krokotopian goddess with a human form)
Trinity: Unknown
Raven: Unknown, but in her late teens

Agh, I have more but I can't seem to remember right now. Ah well.

Ciao !
*Jaw drops* EMMA! How long have you been playing this game? That's like, 36+ pirates! To say that's impressive is an understatement. THAT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Highlander Fox of ... on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
Just to add on, I have a lot of characters, meaning a lot of age diversity. XD

Karina: 11
Roseangela: 12
V: 12
Desiree: 14
Cori: 15
Evangeline: 15
Morgan: 15
Adrian: 15
Elissa: 15
Coron: 15
Cori: 15
Sakura: 16
James: 16
Monica: 16
Marina: 16
Angelika: 17
Amy: 17
Anneke: 17
Sonata: 17
Gelle: 17
Salem: 17
Amber: 18
Emma: 18
Keira: 18
Valerie: 18
Savannah: 18
Hallow: 18
Cerebella: 19
Cadenza: 19
Lamia: 28 (13 years old, 15 years dead)
Octavia: Unknown
Damien: Unknown
Kirohime: Unknown
Bastet: 6,000+ years old (she's a Krokotopian goddess with a human form)
Trinity: Unknown
Raven: Unknown, but in her late teens

Agh, I have more but I can't seem to remember right now. Ah well.

Ciao !
Oh my… How do you keep track of all these people!!!!!! I don't think I could keep up HALF of that list!

As for my pirates:

Maria Laverne: 14

Alexander Hobbes: 15

Sebastian Nicols:13-14

Omar Underwood: 285 (Kidding it's 15. Though my birth date was… oh never mind.)

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
3
Yeah, my protagonist is 12 years old and level 16 . To me she always looked pretty youthful, so I just matched that.

Perilous Geniveve Ashburn, level 16

Musketeers forever!!!!!!!!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
My pirate was 13 when he started but he stayed young by sheer will power (I also have a few friends from far off who can help me stay young with a few smuggled potions which I'm selling on the black market I made. For high lvl gear and gear with cards go to the outlaws outfitter go to the back room and the password is "seven men over a dead mans chest yo ho ho and a bottle of yum" if your a lvl 1 swash you might be able to get lvl 60 buccaneer gear. card gear comes every once and a while and a new shipment of armada weaponry is coming in soon. But thanks to those umm (looks away) not magic potions even though I should be 78 I'm 18. Btw it was yar but someone who had common cense and since it was run by pirates I think it was.....obvious. Note to self change it to "I don't hate armada" oh and all the yum I eat helps, they said it restores youth...

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
3