Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pearl Handled Peace Makers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 28, 2010
Forgive me if this question comes across sounding dumb.

I recently started a Swashbuckler whose natural weapons are knives. During my quests I received a quest from Avery where I received a set of Pearl Handled Peace Makers (Shooty Weapons).

Now what I don't understand, guns are native to another class of Pirate so why would my class of pirate receive these as when they are equipped, it renders several of my own class of pirates spells unusable. Shouldn't the drop for that quest be specific to the class of pirate so the item is advantageous for the pirate to be equipped with them?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
CoopKoda on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
Forgive me if this question comes across sounding dumb.

I recently started a Swashbuckler whose natural weapons are knives. During my quests I received a quest from Avery where I received a set of Pearl Handled Peace Makers (Shooty Weapons).

Now what I don't understand, guns are native to another class of Pirate so why would my class of pirate receive these as when they are equipped, it renders several of my own class of pirates spells unusable. Shouldn't the drop for that quest be specific to the class of pirate so the item is advantageous for the pirate to be equipped with them?
You received a shooty weapon because you finished the quest to save Colt, who is a gun maker. This wasn't one of those quests where you get a weapon for your specific pirate class.

Ensign
Oct 25, 2011
I wondered about the same thing. It kind of makes the quest pointless unless you are a musketeer. I would suggest change it to be a combination weapon that is appropriate for the class. For example, a swashbuckler will get a shooty/stabby weapon and a privateer will get a shooty/slashy weapon.

Ensign
Jul 25, 2012
but as a musketeer i did not get this quest and was rather displeased because for the level they are nice
and im wondering if i missed something?

Ensign
Feb 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
You received a shooty weapon because you finished the quest to save Colt, who is a gun maker. This wasn't one of those quests where you get a weapon for your specific pirate class.
Thanks for the info. Is there a similar quest that will drop something that benefits my class?

Community Leader
gavin deathblade on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
but as a musketeer i did not get this quest and was rather displeased because for the level they are nice
and im wondering if i missed something?
The quest shows up automatically when you hit lvl 24 (at least it did for my Buccaneer). If it doesn't show up for Musketeers, I wonder if this is an attempt to throw players a bone who are spending their practice points on Musketeer abilities? Or maybe to encourage players to cross polinate as far as weapon choice and practice point spending. How you allot your epic abilities to your crew and where you spend your practice points, at least while leveling up, seem to have as much, if not more impact than updating your gear.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
CoopKoda on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Is there a similar quest that will drop something that benefits my class?
If you keep following the main storyline, you should receive weapons for your pirate class (generally) at 10 level intervals. Sometimes you can get drops for the inbetween levels (like 25, 35, etc). When the quest(s) come up, look in your quest list, and it will show a little picture your class weapon you will be getting, and if you mouse over the picture it will tell you the name of your new weapon.

Of course, if you can't wait until you obtain your new weapon by completing the quests, then (for some classes) there are weapons in the crown shop for purchase.

Have fun!