Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Party for Chrissy, without further delay!!!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
"Huzzah, Hip-Hip-Hooray, Harrumph and Holy Hoodoo", Chrissy deserves a party in her honor!

The time has come, my fellow Pirates, to raise a tankard of Yum, stretch a banner from one end of the Spiral to the other and to shout out glorious praises from the peak of Skull Mountain and let them echo in the valleys below. We must at once chart a course for Supportive Celebration for Such a Simply Stupendous Scallywagy Sweetheart. So let's get this Spiral a rockin' and make some noise for Chrissy- our very first Pirate Overlord.

It is very fitting that she has earned a one of a kind title when she is no doubt a one of a kind person. Always willing to offer praise, encouragement, kind words, delightfully funny posts, and just glowing warmth that the Golden Globe above us would be so proud of. We are all better pirates, posters and people because of Chrissy's unrelenting joy that she brings to the boards and to all that have the pleasure of getting to know her. The wonderful example and positive influence that she sets just goes to show that you can be good and nice to make a grand difference to people and to the world. There's too much negativity out there these days and she is a bright star amongst the dreary haze, shining brilliantly for all of us to look up to.

So let us show our appreciation for such a wonderful person. The number of posts- impressive, amount of yars- astounding, contest winning- worth cheering and new Pirate Overlord rank- well deserved. But I say we just celebrate and pay our respects for the wonderful person and pirate that she is. That is what really speaks the most about her- the effortless way she makes these boards a wonderful place to be.

So, without further delay here is what I was thinking as far as a party to honor our dear friend Chrissy.

Date: Monday, February 17th (was going to say Friday 14th- but realized it was Valentines Day)
Time: 6:30 - whenever the spiral residents call the fuzz (no not Catbeard or Gaspard de Vole)
TZ: Eastern Standard Time Zone
Realm: Vadima
Meet Up: Skull Island, Avery's Court next to the life fountain
Events: Partying like there is no tomorrow (we'll just see what folks want to do)

If Friday will work out for people then great, I just know a lot of sweethearts may be going out to celebrate. Please feel free to make suggestions on a better time or date and such. It would be nice if as many people as possible could make it, so we can figure what will produce the best chances of having a Magnificent Turnout. She deserves a shindig of the grandest and most EPIC type.

Party On- fellow pirates!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I guess I posted this at a bad time or shall I say a busy time, as it passed through the updated topics all together. So, yes I am bumping it because I want to make sure it gets seen by as many people and pirates as possible.... Chrissy deserves, it don't you think?

Also, Friday night (Cupid's Day) will actually work for me as my sweetheart works that night so we are celebrating on Saturday night. I know many of you out there may be spending the evening with your sweeties (and rightfully so should). But if Fri night happens to work out for everyone else I am 1000% up for it. But let's get this party rolling.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Monday sounds good. I think it's a good idea to make it a bit of an earlier party who the any pirates who may still be in school. And your quite right about Valentine's day, I won't be there to party at least.

I may be a bit late for the Monday party though, I work untill 6:00 on Mondays, and only make it home until after 6:30, but since I know most of the likely partiers anyways, I can always just port to the party.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
"Huzzah, Hip-Hip-Hooray, Harrumph and Holy Hoodoo", Chrissy deserves a party in her honor!

The time has come, my fellow Pirates, to raise a tankard of Yum, stretch a banner from one end of the Spiral to the other and to shout out glorious praises from the peak of Skull Mountain and let them echo in the valleys below. We must at once chart a course for Supportive Celebration for Such a Simply Stupendous Scallywagy Sweetheart. So let's get this Spiral a rockin' and make some noise for Chrissy- our very first Pirate Overlord.

It is very fitting that she has earned a one of a kind title when she is no doubt a one of a kind person. Always willing to offer praise, encouragement, kind words, delightfully funny posts, and just glowing warmth that the Golden Globe above us would be so proud of. We are all better pirates, posters and people because of Chrissy's unrelenting joy that she brings to the boards and to all that have the pleasure of getting to know her. The wonderful example and positive influence that she sets just goes to show that you can be good and nice to make a grand difference to people and to the world. There's too much negativity out there these days and she is a bright star amongst the dreary haze, shining brilliantly for all of us to look up to.

So let us show our appreciation for such a wonderful person. The number of posts- impressive, amount of yars- astounding, contest winning- worth cheering and new Pirate Overlord rank- well deserved. But I say we just celebrate and pay our respects for the wonderful person and pirate that she is. That is what really speaks the most about her- the effortless way she makes these boards a wonderful place to be.

So, without further delay here is what I was thinking as far as a party to honor our dear friend Chrissy.

Date: Monday, February 17th (was going to say Friday 14th- but realized it was Valentines Day)
Time: 6:30 - whenever the spiral residents call the fuzz (no not Catbeard or Gaspard de Vole)
TZ: Eastern Standard Time Zone
Meet Up: Skull Island, Avery's Court next to the life fountain
Events: Partying like there is no tomorrow (we'll just see what folks want to do)

If Friday will work out for people then great, I just know a lot of sweethearts may be going out to celebrate. Please feel free to make suggestions on a better time or date and such. It would be nice if as many people as possible could make it, so we can figure what will produce the best chances of having a Magnificent Turnout. She deserves a shindig of the grandest and most EPIC type.

Party On- fellow pirates!
Professor, you never cease to amaze me in how you can make a heart feel truly wonderful. This is a work of art that is framable and will chase away any depression spirit for years to come. You have once again shellacked a smile on my face that will glimmer for weeks.

My schedule is pretty open so what ever is best for you guys is most certainly best for me.
My only issue is the standard "What am I gonna do to fit all these friends into my list?" woes but I still am praying that the geniuses at KingsIsle will grant my wish and give me more room for my beloved family to fit into my list.
This is gonna be so much fun and I can't wait to get started. *Starts cleaning screenshot lenses* *Begins to hum happily*

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I be so there to toast the new Pirate Overlord on her hard and dedication to her message board family, thus we'll be treating her to freshest tankard of yum she's ever tasted at this here party.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I just realized, I won't be able to join in a party on Monday January 17. It's a lovely little holiday here known as Family Day. I'm probably going to be too busy to log into the game that day.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
I just realized, I won't be able to join in a party on Monday January 17. It's a lovely little holiday here known as Family Day. I'm probably going to be too busy to log into the game that day.
Is there any day that may work out for you, because it sure would be nice to have you there and I am sure Chrissy would love for you to be able to attend. Even if it happens to be the following Friday- the 21st or any other time during next week or weekend. I would definitely be willing to wait until next Friday if it means more people can show up and party longer without having to go to work or school the next day (for some). Just let me know what you think.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Is there any day that may work out for you, because it sure would be nice to have you there and I am sure Chrissy would love for you to be able to attend. Even if it happens to be the following Friday- the 21st or any other time during next week or weekend. I would definitely be willing to wait until next Friday if it means more people can show up and party longer without having to go to work or school the next day (for some). Just let me know what you think.
After a little bit of talking, it turns out that Friday would actually work for me. It seems a certain person I know was a bit slow about making dinner reservations, and the restaurant I requested was already too full for Friday. (grumble grumble grumble) So Anyways, a party on Friday evening would work for me, or perhaps sometime on Saturday or Sunday. (Not Saturday evening though.) Now, if you excuse me, I must find a certain someone, and shove a snowball down his neck.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ok, so after talking to a few people it seems that there are a couple of 'best' options in terms of a date for Chrissy's party.

This Friday, 14th- Even though it is Cupid's Day, Fridays seem to be the best nights for the majority of people
Monday, 17th- Downfall, a lot of people have work and school early the next day
Next Friday, 21st- A prime night for a party with no big events going on (I don't think)- long wait though

Weekend parties seem to be tough since a lot of people have various activities going on but who knows, maybe that could work as well. Let us know what would be the best option for all of you who would like to attend or if you have another idea on a good day to have the party. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
Waiting is half the fun. I have no problems with delaying this a bit so more can join in the frivolity. It would indeed be sad if Mi Lady DeWinter could not attend. Extending the anticipation is just fine with me.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
My schedule's pretty open. I'm just going to a Valentine's Dance on the 14th as an after-school event, so definitely not gonna be able to make it then...

Other than that, my schedules pretty open! Let's hope my homework-load doesn't get to big anytime soon...

Captain
May 16, 2011
Count me in, it sounds great. What about Sunday? It should be free for me. Anyone else agree?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
After a little bit of talking, it turns out that Friday would actually work for me. It seems a certain person I know was a bit slow about making dinner reservations, and the restaurant I requested was already too full for Friday. (grumble grumble grumble) So Anyways, a party on Friday evening would work for me, or perhaps sometime on Saturday or Sunday. (Not Saturday evening though.) Now, if you excuse me, I must find a certain someone, and shove a snowball down his neck.
LOL You never fail to make me giggle. Than poor certain someone. You know he is gonna enjoy every minute of it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thunder Hawk on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Count me in, it sounds great. What about Sunday? It should be free for me. Anyone else agree?
Sunday may work but I know a lot of people may have church in the morning and other things planned or places to go. I could possibly do Sunday but it would probably have to be from 7-9 am or after 12 EST and even then it would be difficult for me to stay logged in. I will be on solo Daddy Day Care Duty until 6 or 7pm and with 3 critters (with 2 being 4 month old twins) I would be pretty occupied. But by all means, if Sunday midday or afternoon worked for a lot of players than I say go for it. If I can swing in from time to time, I will surely do so.

I think we should give either this Friday around 6:30 pm EST or Sunday 12:30 pm EST. If I can only make Sunday for the start and a little bit here and there that would be ok- that would give me enough time to see the guest of honor and meet a few more board member friends, along with seeing some great ones I have already met.

If we don't get a decent turnout then we could try again for Friday, 21st. Or just wait until the 21st to only have one party with a greater chance of more people showing up. So what do you guys and gals think about those scenarios?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Sunday may work but I know a lot of people may have church in the morning and other things planned or places to go. I could possibly do Sunday but it would probably have to be from 7-9 am or after 12 EST and even then it would be difficult for me to stay logged in. I will be on solo Daddy Day Care Duty until 6 or 7pm and with 3 critters (with 2 being 4 month old twins) I would be pretty occupied. But by all means, if Sunday midday or afternoon worked for a lot of players than I say go for it. If I can swing in from time to time, I will surely do so.

I think we should give either this Friday around 6:30 pm EST or Sunday 12:30 pm EST. If I can only make Sunday for the start and a little bit here and there that would be ok- that would give me enough time to see the guest of honor and meet a few more board member friends, along with seeing some great ones I have already met.

If we don't get a decent turnout then we could try again for Friday, 21st. Or just wait until the 21st to only have one party with a greater chance of more people showing up. So what do you guys and gals think about those scenarios?
Like I said, I have no issues with extending the anticipation.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Like I said, I have no issues with extending the anticipation.
Ok, Chrissy. Then I think that the day that may work out the best would be Friday the 21st. No holidays, more than likely no church, no interfering with weekend plans and no school/work (for the most part) the next day.

So Party For Chrissy details:

Date: Friday the 21st
Time: 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Meet: Avery's Court- Life fountain

Hopefully this works out for a lot of other people too.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Now that we mention Sunday... I have to say that Sunday is a big no no for me. I have church, and I leave the house at 12:00 p.m. Mountain time and come back 4:00 p.m. I usually don't really have time for the computer on Sundays.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
We need some activities for this party. I will try and make a suggestion, or few...

1.) Tour Chrissy's volcano island house... With Chrissy as tour guide... And an hide and seek game
2.) Visit the coliseum in Aquila, and have the members sit around it whilst Sam Underhill and anyone else prepares a funny speech about Chrissy.
3.) Surround Chrissy in a massive circle, with her in the center. Then we shall dance and have a few mins where we say nice stuff about her.
4.) Eat a yummy dinner from high lander foxes yummy bakery of yummy cookies and yummy stuff which are so scrumptiously yummy that thier just yummy.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Professor, you never cease to amaze me in how you can make a heart feel truly wonderful. This is a work of art that is framable and will chase away any depression spirit for years to come. You have once again shellacked a smile on my face that will glimmer for weeks.

My schedule is pretty open so what ever is best for you guys is most certainly best for me.
My only issue is the standard "What am I gonna do to fit all these friends into my list?" woes but I still am praying that the geniuses at KingsIsle will grant my wish and give me more room for my beloved family to fit into my list.
This is gonna be so much fun and I can't wait to get started. *Starts cleaning screenshot lenses* *Begins to hum happily*
You deserve it for being so nice....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
We need some activities for this party. I will try and make a suggestion, or few...

1.) Tour Chrissy's volcano island house... With Chrissy as tour guide... And an hide and seek game
2.) Visit the coliseum in Aquila, and have the members sit around it whilst Sam Underhill and anyone else prepares a funny speech about Chrissy.
3.) Surround Chrissy in a massive circle, with her in the center. Then we shall dance and have a few mins where we say nice stuff about her.
4.) Eat a yummy dinner from high lander foxes yummy bakery of yummy cookies and yummy stuff which are so scrumptiously yummy that thier just yummy.
I like your style Golden Guardian...and the suggestions. Those are definitely activities worthy of a party. As long as we eat the yummy dinner and bakery goodies after the circle dancing- don't want any pirates getting sick on Chrissy's special day. Hopefully we can plan a couple activities, including your super fine suggestions and some fine Spiral farming, once we can settle on a date that seems to work best. I do enjoy your creativeness

Captain
May 16, 2011

I like it! By the way, I made a perfect place to play hide and seek in my Buccaneer house. Great job G. G.!

Cheers!

Captain
May 16, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
Ok, Chrissy. Then I think that the day that may work out the best would be Friday the 21st. No holidays, more than likely no church, no interfering with weekend plans and no school/work (for the most part) the next day.

Sounds good to me, I'll try to make it if I can.

Cheers!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dante ZE pirate on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
You deserve it for being so nice....
Aww thank you What a sweet thing to say. That sure put a silly grin on my face that will back down any pain for at least an hour.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

What fun ideas. Yes I can do tours of any of my homes though I will say in advance that I have not had time to really decorate on purpose with the exception of emptying my backpack with one house exception, my Privateers class house. So I have not had the chance to implement all the gorgeous ideas I have seen from any of your houses. If you wanna see a fabulous house we just gotta go through Golden Guardian's Hoodoo house. Talk about cool decorating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:

*Enters into phone calendar with a happy grin on face* Done! It is gonna be so fun seeing all of you again. I can't wait.