Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Overleveled?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
31
Right now I am at level 32 and right about to get into Port Regal...is this a bit overleveled? Most of the drops that I'm getting from fights are level 25 or sometimes even level 20. I think this may be due to the fact that I play by crowns, so I end up doing all of the side quests and gaining an extra level or two every time run out. Many of the fights (even boss ones) are pretty easy and my companions / myself rarely get defeated...is anyone else over-leveled as well?

Quick Melody Nightngale

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9905
Melody the Swift on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
Right now I am at level 32 and right about to get into Port Regal...is this a bit overleveled? Most of the drops that I'm getting from fights are level 25 or sometimes even level 20. I think this may be due to the fact that I play by crowns, so I end up doing all of the side quests and gaining an extra level or two every time run out. Many of the fights (even boss ones) are pretty easy and my companions / myself rarely get defeated...is anyone else over-leveled as well?

Quick Melody Nightngale
Seems that many players who started P101 after the Bloodshoals expansion ( & who do side quests ) are becoming over-leveled. However, I would say that level 30 is about right for Port Regal.
On my secondary account, my last pirate ( a privateer ) hit level 70 in the middle of Aquila, I played him just enough to finish AQ & the side quests and recruiting the companions, before moving on to VA2 and recruiting the Contessa; and I've stopped there. I'm waiting to see just how over leveled this pirate can get.
( Besides, I've finished the story line on all other pirates. )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1902
When the game first came out, we did reach Port Regal closer to Level 25. However, they revamped the early content, especially adding those extensive new Rat Ghost questlines, they added several levels to our early experience so that we are now arriving in Port Regal over Level 30 -- especially if you do side quests.

There isn't much to be done if you enjoy the side quests. As you have discovered, being over-leveled makes the content easier to get through. Where the gear drops come in handy is if you have additional pirates that you can hand-down the gear to via the Shared Bank.

You should notice that the enemies become more challenging as you return to Cool Ranch and move on to MooShu, but Port Regal is pretty easy to get through.


Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Melody the Swift on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
Right now I am at level 32 and right about to get into Port Regal...is this a bit overleveled? Most of the drops that I'm getting from fights are level 25 or sometimes even level 20. I think this may be due to the fact that I play by crowns, so I end up doing all of the side quests and gaining an extra level or two every time run out. Many of the fights (even boss ones) are pretty easy and my companions / myself rarely get defeated...is anyone else over-leveled as well?

Quick Melody Nightngale
I would not blame the crowns, as you can do everything you are doing now with a subscription.

The culprit, really, is the revamped Skull Island with bigger quests coming out of Traitor's Cave. That added probably two extra levels to your pirate that was not designed into the game before.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
You're actually at the normal level lol. Just buy gear from the bazaar if you want it your level. Good luck

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
31
rex1556 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
You're actually at the normal level lol. Just buy gear from the bazaar if you want it your level. Good luck
Yeah, I always go shopping in the bazaar every 5 levels. Looking at all the new weapons is fun :) It's kinda funny running around Skull Island in cool ranch gear sometimes though.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
31
Max DeGroot on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
I would not blame the crowns, as you can do everything you are doing now with a subscription.

The culprit, really, is the revamped Skull Island with bigger quests coming out of Traitor's Cave. That added probably two extra levels to your pirate that was not designed into the game before.
I remember breezing through those quests and getting tons of xp. Those were fun times :)

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
51
well i got to lvl 65 before half way through aquila because before my 1st month of member i grind and grind and grind until i got to lvl 11 while doing the free to play stuff

(And yes i am back for about a month now)

Dead-eye Tim

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
26
It's almost certainly from the side quests you do, it's nothing related to crowns or membership.

I see people around level 30+ on mooshu for example and on my characters I usually get there when I'm between 38-40, and that's because I do every side quest I can find and come across before doing story quests IMO .

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
The main quests tend to give waaay too much xp, that plus sidequests (even small ones) can boost any pirates tens of leves above where they are.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1171
Think of it as a breather before the other part of Cool Ranch cleans your clock for you. And you will not complain about being over-leveled when you hit MooShu, I promise.

Port Regal is fun and easy to complete, and then you get a mild (now) step up in difficulty and then you hit the Samoorai and you wish you were a couple levels higher still.