One of most annoying things a pirate can do is...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
106
They ask you a question, likeee: How are you doing?
You give them a long answer, nothing sad, nothing bad, just full of details.
They respond with a simple "k" or "lol" or if you ask them how they feel, they'll say "nm"

This might just be me, impatient as always, but I would like to know if other pirates feel this way too!
Jacob

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Two things, "I need a girl" "I need a guy" I mean really if you ask there probably not going to go for you, it just seems desperate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Beautifulmonkey on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
They ask you a question, likeee: How are you doing?
You give them a long answer, nothing sad, nothing bad, just full of details.
They respond with a simple "k" or "lol" or if you ask them how they feel, they'll say "nm"

This might just be me, impatient as always, but I would like to know if other pirates feel this way too!
Jacob
Yea I hear ya Jacob. When I ask someone how they are doing, I really want to know. I am never just being polite. I care about how my fellow players are doing and I pray for a lot of them. I always respond truthfully but try not to spill my guts. I know that most really don't want that. I am more honest with a few closer friends that can handle what I deal with but either way I always want to know how the other player really is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
sparticus32 on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Two things, "I need a girl" "I need a guy" I mean really if you ask there probably not going to go for you, it just seems desperate
Yea nothing makes me run the other way faster than if I hear that phrase. Quickest way to get on my ignore list is to run me down with that one.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
222
"Do you have crowns?" I mean, it is so rude asking strangers that you just met. I got a lot of Tribal Crew Packs, not because I asked, but for entertaining. I was singing popular songs or telling tongue twisters in Skull Island. After receiving one, I do them a favor or gift them one in the future. But that era of me is over. I would be glad to give others gifts if they try to entertain or if they are really good friends to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
sparticus32 on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Two things, "I need a girl" "I need a guy" I mean really if you ask there probably not going to go for you, it just seems desperate
Or the ones who, after you friend them ( I mean like less than 30 seconds after ) tell you they love you! Gosh , that always creeps me out!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
693
From my experince there are a lot annoying things a pirate can do, I agree the " I need a girl " or " I need a guy. " phrase seems impolite to me as a pirate and espically as a wizard too. So rude just please don't say such a thing like that,there are children here playing.

But the most annoying of all is calling someone a " noob ", espically when a lower level player calling a veteran player that word.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
106
Let's not forget the. "OMG HELP ME PLEASE", but you're busy. So you politely say, "I'm in a dungeon, I'll try to hurry"
or something like that, and then they flip out. Calling you a bad friend.
Jacob

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
222
Yesterday, I was farming for Moo Manchu's wand. And my friend Fiery Courtney asked for help. I was happy to, so I came. Then a random pirate came on board. He needed help and I did, so he friended me. To my surprise, my other friend, Noah, called for help. I told my new friend and came to help Noah. After arriving there, another friend called for help. And another one who was with Noah asked for my help, then my other friend Victor. So, four pirates were calling for my help. Lucky for them I could manage. I really hope I didn't forget anybody.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2009
11
Beautifulmonkey on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Let's not forget the. "OMG HELP ME PLEASE", but you're busy. So you politely say, "I'm in a dungeon, I'll try to hurry"
or something like that, and then they flip out. Calling you a bad friend.
Jacob
Yes! This is the most annoying thing someone can do. I have some people on my friend list who say "HELP" every battle they enter.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
80
sparticus32 on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Two things, "I need a girl" "I need a guy" I mean really if you ask there probably not going to go for you, it just seems desperate
This also has to be one of my major announces with other players. Also I hate when you ask a player a simple question about the game and they say that they wont tell you unless you buy them something from the crown shop. I also hate when people ask you if you want to do a dungeon together and you say yes and prepare to port to them and you see they are not there. You then respond and say that you will port to them once they get there, but they then say that you are the one that needs to sail half way across the spiral to the dungeon they wanted to do. This makes me so mad because they don't want to do something with you or a lot of times they don't even need your help they just want to use you as a taxi service.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
Another thing that annoys me: is when you answer a call for help, you come and begin fighting. THEN they go afk on you! This happened to me twice with the same 'friend'. Please, if you absolutely have to leave the keyboard in the middle of the battle, at least let them know then hurry back as soon as you can. DON'T expect us to fight the battle for you while you just stand there and collect the treasure! Arrrrrgh!!!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
608
I'd say that the worst thing a pirate can do is friend you so you can help him or her, and then after the dungeon/quest they unfriend you. I now NEVER accept friend requests because of that. Add onto that, I get TONS of requests from my friends to help every time I'm on. I almost want to say, "Do it yourself", because I did all of that on my own. Either way, I still help because it's the right thing to do. Hey, I'm a Boy Scout. I guess I'm a stickler for good deeds!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
693
Another thing as a witchdoctor, when I was in a middle of a quest and a random pirate came and asked for help and I politely decline and this happened I got reported.Then I told that player, " Excuse me did you know false reporting could cause you a permanent ban and that's a fact." I never got reported before in pirate101,until someone have to ruin my joyful moment.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
177
Bailing on the first turn in a battle. If you have a valid reason then it's acceptable. Sadly that is not always the case.