Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

on the topic of first mates

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
so I was wondering if you had a special reason for your first mate example:

My Daughter's first mate is Bonnie Anne because her name is Bonnie we call her fox because of her red hair and we live in scotland!

My Son has his first mate Milo because he is named milo

My first mate is lucky jack russel cause i'm jack

And my Wife uses gracie cause she is named Grace woooh connections!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
the purple captian on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:

My Daughter's first mate is Bonnie Anne because her name is Bonnie we call her fox because of her red hair and we live in scotland!

How fun and your logic is quite sound. Good thing those names belong to such powerful companions.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

Ya know, I haven't really put much thought to firstmates and the reasons behind me using solely one. Mine is El Toro, and what I find useful is his Espirit buff. His critical animations are also snazzy and just perfectly depict his heroic strength and his slight, and I do exaggerate, slight arrogance.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Mine is my eagle hoplite because
1 he's strong and a bane to swashbucklers (he blocks allot repos he has first strike and resentless rank three high armor and accuracy and dodge)
2 I loved the Aquila companions and this guy is like a spartan which is one of the greatest warrior groups of all time.
3 something in the legend of the Trojan war (in real life) one of the names has to do with my given name so that's kinda special
4 he's just OP like Kobe but deals more damage
5 personally he's like the first or second (the eagle dude with the small shield that name begins with a s) best eagle companion.
That's why there's probably some more that I can think of but oh well

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012

My first mate is Wing Chun. He acts like a protective older brother to me and I guess it's the emotional attachment in my case with Wing.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Bonnie Anne has been my first mate ever since my first character came across her in the storyline. Her lilting accent and no nonsense attitute just struck a chord with me. Major kudos to the voice actor!!!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I usually put an important/favorite of mine in the front. Usually the Kraken Skull/El toro (El Toro on my swashbuckler) as first mate most of the time