Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
So I was looking through my Companion pages and realized that all of them are some sort of animal or mythical creature... Except for one...

Old Scratch could be classified as a mythical creature, because he is undead, but what was he before he became undead...? A human?

I am just wondering what doors this could open for the future. Maybe more human companions?

I don't know just some food for thought I guess.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Scratch isn't the only skeleton that looks sort of human out there. I've always wondered what those guys looked like when they were alive. Their structure is too short and broad to support a body like the one's our pirates have. I'm content to think that they are the remains of some sort of lost tribe that fooled with black magic. Their curse extended to beyond the grave.

~Gibbsie

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Am I weird for really not liking the idea of human companions? I mean, being followed around by another person just seems odd to me. I doubt it'll happen, due to the fact that the only humans are in the starting areas and occasionally in other random places.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
I've never been keen on the idea of human companions either. It does seem weird to have another person following you around like a drone. If you want to play with other people, find your friends and go have an adventure together! So yeah, I totally agree with you.

~Gibbsie

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
The Gibbs on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
I've never been keen on the idea of human companions either. It does seem weird to have another person following you around like a drone. If you want to play with other people, find your friends and go have an adventure together! So yeah, I totally agree with you.

~Gibbsie
Yay, I'm not weird! Well... not in this area, I suppose.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In some previous thread somewhere I noted that the overwhelming number of humans we meet are reanimated dead ones... and speculated this fact could account for the large number of orphan pirate kids that are running around everywhere.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
In some previous thread somewhere I noted that the overwhelming number of humans we meet are reanimated dead ones... and speculated this fact could account for the large number of orphan pirate kids that are running around everywhere.
So.........Scratchy could be my father

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Don't forget that some of us have undead Mike. He seems to have been human.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
So.........Scratchy could be my father
Chrissy: "You killed my father"
Old Scratch: "But Chrissy, I AM your father!"

Chrissy: NOOOOOOOO

Had to make a reference
*teleports away*