Oh, the humanity!

1
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1144
What's up with the humans in the Pirate-y Spiral... or lack thereof?

There are lots and lots of human children... thousands of "orphans". But human adults? Avery. Boochbeard. Vadima. Selena. Zeke and and handful of others. Suspiciously few, given how many human kids are running about.

Why are there no older orphans? We all appear to be the same age.

Has anyone else noticed that pretty all the skeletons appear to be (or rather have been) human?! Is skelefication our fate once we reach a certain age?!!

-Indigo the Paranoid

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Indigo Ring on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
What's up with the humans in the Pirate-y Spiral... or lack thereof?

There are lots and lots of human children... thousands of "orphans". But human adults? Avery. Boochbeard. Vadima. Selena. Zeke and and handful of others. Suspiciously few, given how many human kids are running about.

Why are there no older orphans? We all appear to be the same age.

Has anyone else noticed that pretty all the skeletons appear to be (or rather have been) human?! Is skelefication our fate once we reach a certain age?!!

-Indigo the Paranoid
Sometimes I wonder if this is all just a secret corner for Avery who is really Fagan and is molding his own nation of pirates/pickpockets. Now just to figure out who Nancy and Bill are. (Yea I know they are mentioned in Marleybone)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Indigo Ring on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
What's up with the humans in the Pirate-y Spiral... or lack thereof?

There are lots and lots of human children... thousands of "orphans". But human adults? Avery. Boochbeard. Vadima. Selena. Zeke and and handful of others. Suspiciously few, given how many human kids are running about.

Why are there no older orphans? We all appear to be the same age.

Has anyone else noticed that pretty all the skeletons appear to be (or rather have been) human?! Is skelefication our fate once we reach a certain age?!!

-Indigo the Paranoid
I think there all in there houses, or off on an adventure, just because we don't see them doesn't mean it doesn't exist (like many species of living things we never knew about) and yes skelefication is our fate, that's when we completely decompose after we die

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
I think the bigger question, Indigo, is how is it that these young pirates each are the pivotal individual that has enabled a Skull Island alliance with Monquista (yay), helped Gortez' revolution overthrow an evil ruler (yay), caused a great deal of havoc with the Armada (yay), started the War between Marleybone and Valencia (boo), stopped the rise of evil warlords in Mooshu (yay), helped Ulysses the Cunning to regain his home and throne of Ithaca again (yay)... etc. etc. And each is the one that Kane has a poster of hanging in his office to throw darts at in his spare time (if a living automata has spare time).

What we have here seems to be a space-time paradox of Physics! Some sort of time rift that allows the separate universes to converge in Skull Island at various moments perhaps? Hahaha...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1144
Anne: "I think the bigger question, Indigo, is how is it that these young pirates each are the pivotal individual that has enabled a Skull Island alliance with Monquista (yay), helped Gortez' revolution overthrow an evil ruler (yay)..."

Hang on. Are you saying that wasn't just me who did all those things??!

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1144
Sparticus: "...and yes skelefication is our fate, that's when we completely decompose after we die".

True, but it is the bit about getting back up and wandering around and beating up on all the one-eyed orphans after the death and decomposition stage that has me concerned.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I think the bigger question, Indigo, is how is it that these young pirates each are the pivotal individual that has enabled a Skull Island alliance with Monquista (yay), helped Gortez' revolution overthrow an evil ruler (yay), caused a great deal of havoc with the Armada (yay), started the War between Marleybone and Valencia (boo), stopped the rise of evil warlords in Mooshu (yay), helped Ulysses the Cunning to regain his home and throne of Ithaca again (yay)... etc. etc. And each is the one that Kane has a poster of hanging in his office to throw darts at in his spare time (if a living automata has spare time).

What we have here seems to be a space-time paradox of Physics! Some sort of time rift that allows the separate universes to converge in Skull Island at various moments perhaps? Hahaha...
Brilliant points Anne and I just LOVE the mental picture of Kane throwing darts at our poster.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
568
Hmmm good point, now I must ponder in the mean time.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Indigo Ring on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Anne: "I think the bigger question, Indigo, is how is it that these young pirates each are the pivotal individual that has enabled a Skull Island alliance with Monquista (yay), helped Gortez' revolution overthrow an evil ruler (yay)..."

Hang on. Are you saying that wasn't just me who did all those things??!

-Indigo
Of COURSE it wasn't.............It was ME

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Of COURSE it wasn't.............It was ME
No.....I'm Captain Gunn's heir,I'm the Storm Bringer,I'm the Duke of ducks,I'm the Big Sky Shaman,I'm the Hoodoo Guru,I'm the Trailmaster,I'm the Clockwork Destroyer,I'm the Tomb Raider,I'm the Lord of the Jungle,I'm the Hero of PErdition's Vortex,I'm the Magnificent Seventh,I'm the...okay,you see where this is going.

It was ME!!!!!!

Anyways,just wanted to pitch into the whole eyepatch thing.

I tend not to wear eyepatches much,and when I do,I wear the Eye of the Sun,from the Tribal Crew Packs.That eyepatch is basically a green jewel that covers my eye.And I don't think it's meant to cover up my eye(which I do not lack),i think it's purpose is to amplify Felix's clairovoyance.

I think that the jewel is meant to improve the ''Inner vision'',the ''magical sight'',the ''living imagination'',whatever you kids call it these days.The ability to see and hear(even smell) spirits clearly,the ability to scry into the past,present and future,onto other worlds,other planes,and outside this reality.The ability to be in two places at once,as well as travel outside of the body,onto higher planes.That requires effort,sure,but it also requires the development of magical sight.Which of course,is amplified by an ancient Skull Island Aztecosaur relic that I happened to find and place over my normal vision,to make sure the two are assimilated.

Thanks One Eyed Jack and Bonnie Anne for reading,moderating and posting this message board post.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Indigo Ring on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
What's up with the humans in the Pirate-y Spiral... or lack thereof?

There are lots and lots of human children... thousands of "orphans". But human adults? Avery. Boochbeard. Vadima. Selena. Zeke and and handful of others. Suspiciously few, given how many human kids are running about.

Why are there no older orphans? We all appear to be the same age.

Has anyone else noticed that pretty all the skeletons appear to be (or rather have been) human?! Is skelefication our fate once we reach a certain age?!!

-Indigo the Paranoid
*Sigh*
Indigo,my earlier message was directed at another thread you made and thus it ended up non-sensical.So so so so so so sorry Jack,and Bonnie.
It was directed at your ''kingdom of the Blind'' thread.

Will have to think on my reply to this one.

Thank you,One Eyed Jack and Bonnie Anne for reading,moderating and posting this useless announcement.You guys are awesome!

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
74
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Brilliant points Anne and I just LOVE the mental picture of Kane throwing darts at our poster.
Oh kane does not throw darts at are posters. He gets a army of battle angels to shred the posters.

Commodore
May 30, 2010
851
Daring Destiny Dov... on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
Oh kane does not throw darts at are posters. He gets a army of battle angels to shred the posters.
That's some tough paper for the poster, if it takes an entire army of battle angels to shred it.

Perhaps as we age we are assimilated into the clockwork army. Perhaps they're not clockworks, but cyborgs...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5475
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I think the bigger question, Indigo, is how is it that these young pirates each are the pivotal individual that has enabled a Skull Island alliance with Monquista (yay), helped Gortez' revolution overthrow an evil ruler (yay), caused a great deal of havoc with the Armada (yay), started the War between Marleybone and Valencia (boo), stopped the rise of evil warlords in Mooshu (yay), helped Ulysses the Cunning to regain his home and throne of Ithaca again (yay)... etc. etc. And each is the one that Kane has a poster of hanging in his office to throw darts at in his spare time (if a living automata has spare time).

What we have here seems to be a space-time paradox of Physics! Some sort of time rift that allows the separate universes to converge in Skull Island at various moments perhaps? Hahaha...
Don't think too deeply on this subject, " that way, madness lies..."

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
anecorbie on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
Don't think too deeply on this subject, " that way, madness lies..."
This is something I can agree on...

No,thinkig about it.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
109
I was also thinking this!
But it is like Wizard101.
There are so many animals and so few humans.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
anecorbie on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
Don't think too deeply on this subject, " that way, madness lies..."
Madness??... or Quantum Physics??... ... or does one lead to the other?

Though you are talking to the person who, knowing full well that Ratbeard was just making a little joke, sat up late at night rearranging the letters of El Bandito Incognito pretending it was an anagram for further absurdities...

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
Madness??... or Quantum Physics??... ... or does one lead to the other?

Though you are talking to the person who, knowing full well that Ratbeard was just making a little joke, sat up late at night rearranging the letters of El Bandito Incognito pretending it was an anagram for further absurdities...
That's smart,we need more people who can do that.

Ultimately this is the fishier side of Quantum Mechanics.If you're gonna believe Parallel universes,s in the Many Worlds Hypothesis,then you can't explain this message boards,nor can you explain those roleplays,because those two universes would co-exist,but never interact,except the original state where both realities are intertwined.In your frame of reference,a certain pirate did all those things,and that pirate turns out to be you.In my frame of reference a certain pirate happens to be me.Who is this pirate?Well it's all of us.But if we investigate specifically,each one of us is the pirate,from their frame of reference.And from an NPCs frame of reference it's a pirate.It's all of us.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1144
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
That's smart,we need more people who can do that.

Ultimately this is the fishier side of Quantum Mechanics.If you're gonna believe Parallel universes,s in the Many Worlds Hypothesis,then you can't explain this message boards,nor can you explain those roleplays,because those two universes would co-exist,but never interact,except the original state where both realities are intertwined.In your frame of reference,a certain pirate did all those things,and that pirate turns out to be you.In my frame of reference a certain pirate happens to be me.Who is this pirate?Well it's all of us.But if we investigate specifically,each one of us is the pirate,from their frame of reference.And from an NPCs frame of reference it's a pirate.It's all of us.
scientists say (if there are) parallel universes they would be on top of others like layers of fabric. probably due to the gravity which planets and stars sink in (like stuff on fabric) but that's what i think i forgot what they said. and its a game, try not to think to hard about it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Indigo Ring on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
So it's settled then. I'm the hero. Right?

-Indigo
*Backs away slowly with the knowledge that it is me but will not attack a fellow Marauder's dream.*

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
You are right, of course, Sparticus (er, more properly Jack, I think, if I remember correctly), and this sort of playful speculation is simply all in good, clean fun. We're not expecting Pirate101 to follow the rules of Quantum Physics (whatever those are ), not even good ole Newtonian Physics! After all, where would all our great flips in air be if we strictly followed the Law of gravity?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
Indigo Ring on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
So it's settled then. I'm the hero. Right?

-Indigo
No. It is me. You are wrong, was me, you are wrong. What is that? You disagree?
Well, you are still wrong.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
811
Somehow, I knew another of these wierd posts that seem to encompass almost anything would eventually be started by Indigo.

Anways, perhaps somewhere out on the very rim of the Spiral, there's a world filled entirely by humans. Hopefully, the humans don't have the same vision trouble we pirates seem to have. Since we all seem to lack a bit of depth perception, I could understand why most adult humans would tend to stay on their own homeworld.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5475
"No, no ,no! All of you are absolutely wrong" * Esperanza stamps her foot* "The heroic orphan is me! This should be obvious to anyone!"
Bold Bess Nightingale "Belay that, Miss Fancy Pants, I'm the Chosen One!"
Black Morgan Moone "Not a chance, You grimy galoot! I did all that!"
Darcy Abbott "Oh, stop shooting yer mouth off! I'm Avery's right hand orphan!"
Marion Kidd "As senior officer, I tell you that I'm the heroine here!"
Silver Isis * glowers darkly at all the other girls, mutters a charm and they fall asleep * "Truly, I am the only heroic orphan."
See, multi-personality syndrome is the first sign of this particular madness!

1