Notes from a Cookie Cruncher

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
My pirate Rogan has been diligently hunting the vile gingerbread men in the Calabria Skyway. I have only ever found them between Tiranon Palace and Valencia City. Normally that area is patrolled by three Armada ships, but sometimes one of them – and on rare occasions two of them – are replaced by gingerbread ships (all named The Good Ship Lollipop, as gingerbread raiders do not seem to have a lot of imagination). This area also has a swarm of stiletto fish, so do be careful. I do not know how to make them appear – they are either there or not when I show up. I have tried loitering to see if an Armada ship morphs. Not while I have been watching. I have tried sinking Armada ships to see if they would be replaced by a gingerbread ship. No luck there. If anybody has the knowing of the secret, please post.

The Good Ships Lollipop cannot be sunk. You have to board them. The GSL is a level 67 ship. Once they are boardable, you cannot knock them down any lower no matter how much you shoot them. The only reason to keep bombarding them is if you are hoping to put more tokens/traps on their ship. If you are a swashie with Black Fog, once you turn yourself and crew invisible the gingerbread mens will attack any powder kegs you put on their ship, which then blow up in their face. This never gets old. When you board them, the gingerbread mens will have between 1,499 and 1,522 hit points each. They are swashies and be warned they hit hard. I have seen a single GBM take down a level 70 crewman in one turn. Of course, I am talking about the Calabria Skyway, so nothing really new there.

There are (at least) three badges for hunting them:
Cookie Crumbler (for defeating 10)
Cookie Cruncher (for defeating 100)
Cookie Crusher (for defeating 1,000)

They drop some unique loot: weapons, rental mounts and the “Mark of Gingerbread” doubloon, which summons “allies of Cookies” to your fight (level 5 doubloon). The weapons are cookie weapons that have no innate powers but are presumably stitchable. So far I have found cookie chippers (stabby weapons), cookie foils (slashy), cookies Florentine (slashy, two sword set) and cookie warrior sets (slashy/smashy). I have found three different rental mounts, jaguars, parrots and turtles. These are “Yuletide” versions in alternative colors (green and red, predominantly, with gold highlights).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7867
Indigo Ring on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:
My pirate Rogan has been diligently hunting the vile gingerbread men in the Calabria Skyway. I have only ever found them between Tiranon Palace and Valencia City. Normally that area is patrolled by three Armada ships, but sometimes one of them – and on rare occasions two of them – are replaced by gingerbread ships (all named The Good Ship Lollipop, as gingerbread raiders do not seem to have a lot of imagination). This area also has a swarm of stiletto fish, so do be careful. I do not know how to make them appear – they are either there or not when I show up. I have tried loitering to see if an Armada ship morphs. Not while I have been watching. I have tried sinking Armada ships to see if they would be replaced by a gingerbread ship. No luck there. If anybody has the knowing of the secret, please post.

The Good Ships Lollipop cannot be sunk. You have to board them. The GSL is a level 67 ship. Once they are boardable, you cannot knock them down any lower no matter how much you shoot them. The only reason to keep bombarding them is if you are hoping to put more tokens/traps on their ship. If you are a swashie with Black Fog, once you turn yourself and crew invisible the gingerbread mens will attack any powder kegs you put on their ship, which then blow up in their face. This never gets old. When you board them, the gingerbread mens will have between 1,499 and 1,522 hit points each. They are swashies and be warned they hit hard. I have seen a single GBM take down a level 70 crewman in one turn. Of course, I am talking about the Calabria Skyway, so nothing really new there.

There are (at least) three badges for hunting them:
Cookie Crumbler (for defeating 10)
Cookie Cruncher (for defeating 100)
Cookie Crusher (for defeating 1,000)

They drop some unique loot: weapons, rental mounts and the “Mark of Gingerbread” doubloon, which summons “allies of Cookies” to your fight (level 5 doubloon). The weapons are cookie weapons that have no innate powers but are presumably stitchable. So far I have found cookie chippers (stabby weapons), cookie foils (slashy), cookies Florentine (slashy, two sword set) and cookie warrior sets (slashy/smashy). I have found three different rental mounts, jaguars, parrots and turtles. These are “Yuletide” versions in alternative colors (green and red, predominantly, with gold highlights).
I received a very good tip from a random joiner in my GB hunt - defeat a few of the "ordinary" ships in that area to make the Raider ships spawn - this is very like defeating the scout ships to make the Dreadnought spawn.
Good Hunting!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
248
Indigo Ring on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:
My pirate Rogan has been diligently hunting the vile gingerbread men in the Calabria Skyway. I have only ever found them between Tiranon Palace and Valencia City. Normally that area is patrolled by three Armada ships, but sometimes one of them – and on rare occasions two of them – are replaced by gingerbread ships (all named The Good Ship Lollipop, as gingerbread raiders do not seem to have a lot of imagination). This area also has a swarm of stiletto fish, so do be careful. I do not know how to make them appear – they are either there or not when I show up. I have tried loitering to see if an Armada ship morphs. Not while I have been watching. I have tried sinking Armada ships to see if they would be replaced by a gingerbread ship. No luck there. If anybody has the knowing of the secret, please post.

The Good Ships Lollipop cannot be sunk. You have to board them. The GSL is a level 67 ship. Once they are boardable, you cannot knock them down any lower no matter how much you shoot them. The only reason to keep bombarding them is if you are hoping to put more tokens/traps on their ship. If you are a swashie with Black Fog, once you turn yourself and crew invisible the gingerbread mens will attack any powder kegs you put on their ship, which then blow up in their face. This never gets old. When you board them, the gingerbread mens will have between 1,499 and 1,522 hit points each. They are swashies and be warned they hit hard. I have seen a single GBM take down a level 70 crewman in one turn. Of course, I am talking about the Calabria Skyway, so nothing really new there.

There are (at least) three badges for hunting them:
Cookie Crumbler (for defeating 10)
Cookie Cruncher (for defeating 100)
Cookie Crusher (for defeating 1,000)

They drop some unique loot: weapons, rental mounts and the “Mark of Gingerbread” doubloon, which summons “allies of Cookies” to your fight (level 5 doubloon). The weapons are cookie weapons that have no innate powers but are presumably stitchable. So far I have found cookie chippers (stabby weapons), cookie foils (slashy), cookies Florentine (slashy, two sword set) and cookie warrior sets (slashy/smashy). I have found three different rental mounts, jaguars, parrots and turtles. These are “Yuletide” versions in alternative colors (green and red, predominantly, with gold highlights).
What epics and powers do they have?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
Flanking 2
Blade Storm 3
Reposte 2
Relentless 2

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
I am hoping they can drop a pet. No sign of one yet, though.

-Indigo

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
511
Gingerbread man attack AHH!!!!!

You know it kind of reminds me of that horrible horror movie about one of those.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
They are scary. They have el Toro's number and whack him every time - they never fail to crit him.

I love their "Oh, nooooo" Mr. Bill cries when they go down. The animation on them is excellent.

-Indigo

Commodore
Oct 27, 2009
920
I saw one of the gingerbread men lick his candy sword after an attack, way to keep it sharp dude.
I saw a listing for "Big Cookie" as a drop that was destroyed because pack and bank was filled. Anyone know what it is? Weapon? Furniture item? It is not the Cookie Warrior set, which has a sword and a gingerbread head shield. Any Cookie wands or guns show up for anyone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7867
Calamity Finch on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
I saw one of the gingerbread men lick his candy sword after an attack, way to keep it sharp dude.
I saw a listing for "Big Cookie" as a drop that was destroyed because pack and bank was filled. Anyone know what it is? Weapon? Furniture item? It is not the Cookie Warrior set, which has a sword and a gingerbread head shield. Any Cookie wands or guns show up for anyone?
Big Cookie is a hulking, big sword. No magic or ranged weapons have dropped for me.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
Yeah, licking their candy cane is their version of a victory dance, the little psychopaths. I am up to 320 of the evil little dudes retired.

The "Big Cookie" is a gingerbread sword and shield combination. Slashy/smashy as I recall.

-Indigo

Commodore
Oct 27, 2009
920
When I got the big cookie, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be an impressive furniture item, or maybe a big cookie on a candy cane, either a wand or a smashy weapon. Instead, it looked like all the other cookie swords, just larger. Maybe they can add more for next year.
My friend Donna Finch had a very impressive fight with the gingerbread yesterday. She killed 3 on her first move, using Blast of Discord. It was a beautiful sight to see.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7867
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
When I got the big cookie, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be an impressive furniture item, or maybe a big cookie on a candy cane, either a wand or a smashy weapon. Instead, it looked like all the other cookie swords, just larger. Maybe they can add more for next year.
My friend Donna Finch had a very impressive fight with the gingerbread yesterday. She killed 3 on her first move, using Blast of Discord. It was a beautiful sight to see.
For once, I'm glad to see the "wounded ship - wounded enemy" in play. I would hate to fight these nasty baked goods at full health!
I would love some Gingerbread furnishings as well!

Commodore
Nov 01, 2013
981
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
When I got the big cookie, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be an impressive furniture item, or maybe a big cookie on a candy cane, either a wand or a smashy weapon. Instead, it looked like all the other cookie swords, just larger. Maybe they can add more for next year.
My friend Donna Finch had a very impressive fight with the gingerbread yesterday. She killed 3 on her first move, using Blast of Discord. It was a beautiful sight to see.
Sorry to hear about the Big Cookie. I wish they could have a Gingerbread-themed Staff as well.

And congratulations on Donna!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
"My friend Donna Finch had a very impressive fight with the gingerbread yesterday. She killed 3 on her first move, using Blast of Discord. It was a beautiful sight to see"

I would have loved to have seen it!

-Indigo