Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

not sure if anyone has noticed but

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
remember the monkeys paw in monquista? well there are actually 2 easter eggs in 1. first the Indiana jones reference and second the monkey paw. its based off of a short story about a family who gets the paw from a friend who got it in India, he warns them it only brings misery but they don't listen. first they wish for money. the family son dies and they get a check for it. then they wish for him to come back and he does but lets just say he died and didn't turn out to pretty. he knocks at the door and the father doing the wise thing doesn't let him in and uses his last wish to send him away. just a fun thing too see.

-jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
That's exactly why you have to be very specific with your wishes.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
remember the monkeys paw in monquista? well there are actually 2 easter eggs in 1. first the Indiana jones reference and second the monkey paw. its based off of a short story about a family who gets the paw from a friend who got it in India, he warns them it only brings misery but they don't listen. first they wish for money. the family son dies and they get a check for it. then they wish for him to come back and he does but lets just say he died and didn't turn out to pretty. he knocks at the door and the father doing the wise thing doesn't let him in and uses his last wish to send him away. just a fun thing too see.

-jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
I didn't know that, but there's another easter egg there. The people who assign the quest are Donkey Hotey and Sancho Panza and they give the quest in a place called La Mancha. All of these are based off of Miguel Cervantes' book Don Quixote de la Mancha. Don Quixote is an older gentleman who read lots of books about knighthood(by the way, this book takes place around the 1400s). Eventually, he sets out on a "grand adventure" of his own. He has delusions that he's a knights errant and that the world around him is still medieval and glorified than renaissance and realistic (ex. He confuses windmills for giants at one point and an inn for a castle). To put it simply, it is one misadventure after another. He's more of a nuisance than a "defender of the people" and some people took it worse than others.

Eventually, he gets the help of a man living in the same village as him named Sancho Panza. Sancho Panza becomes his squire and while he sees the world as it clearly is, eventually starts going along with Don Quixote's delusions.

I read a VERY shortened version of Don Quixote de la Mancha for my Spanish class. When I say shortened, I mean it was roughly 50-60 pages to the 900 page novel. I only mention this because I may not have all my facts straight.

This is honestly my favorite easter egg in the game and I bring it up a lot!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65