Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No appearance change for the spirits?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
I don't know why this subject has switched from "appearance change" to "why aren't they as good as" other companions.
I think those spirits are as good as Froggo Villa, The Toreador, or Tricky Vinnie ( and those ARE crown shop companions ).
Also, while it is a drastic difference between "appearance change" and "epic talents", both of them have the goal of making the Spirits better. But again, I'm not asking for the Spirits of Yuletide to be incredible. I'm just asking for them to have better epic talent options.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Duck de Death on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
Crown shop companions are literally bought with money. Shouldn't that make them more desirable than the dinky free-to-play companions some get? I also agree that not all companions should be top-notch, but come on. I use hard-earned money to purchase crown shop items, and I'm expecting that what I buy is appropriate for the sum of money I spent on it.
Thank you for agreeing with me. Just like you, I say that the crowns ONLY companions should be above average because you spend money on them. And by crowns only, I mean that not all crowns shop companions are crowns only. Some of them can be acquired for free by being a certain class.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
chiliman05 on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
Also, while it is a drastic difference between "appearance change" and "epic talents", both of them have the goal of making the Spirits better. But again, I'm not asking for the Spirits of Yuletide to be incredible. I'm just asking for them to have better epic talent options.
Both of these are similar because they both aim to improve the Spirits of Yuletide, although one is aesthetic and one is about functionality and realistic capabilities in game to match with the majority of usefulness coming from most of the other Crowns only companions.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
I don't know why this subject has switched from "appearance change" to "why aren't they as good as" other companions.
I think those spirits are as good as Froggo Villa, The Toreador, or Tricky Vinnie ( and those ARE crown shop companions ).
And remember that it is not "why they aren't as good as other companions", it is "why they aren't as good as the other crowns ONLY companions". And you have to remember that there is a difference between crowns only and crown shop companions, as many crown shop companions are able to acquired for free by certain classes.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
I agree, I was disappointed that the Spirits appearance didn't change with promotion. But, ya never know, it may happen ( even if it takes a year ). At least they finally got promoted.
Also, I know that this is isn't what we are talking about now, but I just realized that we still need to ask for Pirate101 to get more resources if it takes a year for 3 promotion changes to come out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 20, 2019 wrote:
And remember that it is not "why they aren't as good as other companions", it is "why they aren't as good as the other crowns ONLY companions". And you have to remember that there is a difference between crowns only and crown shop companions, as many crown shop companions are able to acquired for free by certain classes.
I would consider the Spirits en par with the MooShu 5, Kraken Skulls 5 & the Presidio 5 crown shop "twins"; those are crowns ONLY companions. And they are certainly more powerful than Eep Op Ork AhAh ( also a crowns ONLY companion ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 20, 2019 wrote:
Also, El Tiburon, Nikeeta, Madclaw, & Dr. Noh; these are all crowns only companions. I would rate the Spirits as more powerful than them.
Yes they're expensive, at the same price as Goronado, BUT for that price you get 3 companions as opposed to 1.
AND their price breaks down to less than 3000 crowns per. ( I wouldn't expect a companion at less than 3K to be very good. )
They are also in line with the other Holiday crowns only companions: Prince Yulefest, Holly Jolly Roger & the Christmas Tree Ent.
Still the best bang for your buck during the Holiday season.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 30, 2019 wrote:
Also, El Tiburon, Nikeeta, Madclaw, & Dr. Noh; these are all crowns only companions. I would rate the Spirits as more powerful than them.
Yes they're expensive, at the same price as Goronado, BUT for that price you get 3 companions as opposed to 1.
AND their price breaks down to less than 3000 crowns per. ( I wouldn't expect a companion at less than 3K to be very good. )
They are also in line with the other Holiday crowns only companions: Prince Yulefest, Holly Jolly Roger & the Christmas Tree Ent.
Still the best bang for your buck during the Holiday season.
All 4 of the companions mentioned at the top are arguably better or equal to the Spirits. Especially Dr Noh and El Tiburon. Also all of the other Christmas crowns only companions are pretty bad, except for maybe Prince Yulefest. Which proves my point even further, that the Spirits should have better selection of epic talents. Most of the companions you have mentioned are better than or equal to them, and the while they are in line with the majority of them, almost everyone you have mentioned is at the bottom tier of the crowns only companions, proving my point further that the Spirits need a buff, as well as other people.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm not going to reply to this post any longer - it has wondered from the opening topic and into opinion. We'll never agree about the power of the companions; while I agree that they need a change in appearance, I disagree that they need any further adjustment.
Good Luck to ye!

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2019 wrote:
I'm not going to reply to this post any longer - it has wondered from the opening topic and into opinion. We'll never agree about the power of the companions; while I agree that they need a change in appearance, I disagree that they need any further adjustment.
Good Luck to ye!
Even the opening topic was opinion, after all it wasn't a fact.