Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Ship?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
While playing the game, I have trice encountered a new type of ship floating around the skyways. My best look was of it being docked in the Isle of Dogs. The ship is a skiff sized vessel with it's wheel in the front of the ship and lightning conduction on top of the masts. It also has smoke coming off of it similar to the ghost ship or Halloween ship. I forgot the name of it from the first time I saw it but I think it was Belugian or something like that. Has anyone else encountered this ship before?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Darkking917 on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
While playing the game, I have trice encountered a new type of ship floating around the skyways. My best look was of it being docked in the Isle of Dogs. The ship is a skiff sized vessel with it's wheel in the front of the ship and lightning conduction on top of the masts. It also has smoke coming off of it similar to the ghost ship or Halloween ship. I forgot the name of it from the first time I saw it but I think it was Belugian or something like that. Has anyone else encountered this ship before?
Yep. I have one. It was available at - Christmas, maybe? - this past year.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's the Seaspray Beluga Galleon and it did come out at Christmas.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
It's the Seaspray Beluga Galleon and it did come out at Christmas.
What I can't figure out, though, is that the Beluga Galleon is from Beluga. I don't know of it's some world or some other name of some living species in the Spiral that made these kinda ships. Well, I'm sure we may know about that soon.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Trimond297 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
What I can't figure out, though, is that the Beluga Galleon is from Beluga. I don't know of it's some world or some other name of some living species in the Spiral that made these kinda ships. Well, I'm sure we may know about that soon.
Well, since the Beluga origin ship came out right about the time that Polaris entered the Spiral on the Wizard101 side, I always kind of thought that Beluga may be the Origin for Polaris, like Bison is for Cool Ranch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There are Beluga sturgeon ( that's where pricey caviar comes from ) and, of course, a white whale called the Beluga. I think the ship is referencing the whale.....

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I'm willing to bet the ships are Valencian, altough they look like a cross between a Mooshu and a Marleybone ship

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm willing to bet the ships are Valencian, altough they look like a cross between a Mooshu and a Marleybone ship
I really really really hope that KI does not keep reusing this same ship design for all new ships. It's perfectly fine to use the beluga design for special occasion ships, like the Christmas beluga ship, or the Haunted Galleon. But, I really don't like that design of ship. I don't like the ships wheel placed in the bow (a rather impractical place considering how a ship's wheel worked in the days of sailing), I don't like how large the sails are compared to the ship size, they really block out the view in front of the ship when sailing, and I also don't like the fin shaped rudder.

The oar shaped rudders were good for the Bison and Mooshu ships, but they also didn't look like a whale's tail. I really hope that whatever ship we get in Valencia, even if it's not an Armada ship, is a least a brand new ship, and not just this same constant re-used ship design.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
CdeWinter on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I really really really hope that KI does not keep reusing this same ship design for all new ships. It's perfectly fine to use the beluga design for special occasion ships, like the Christmas beluga ship, or the Haunted Galleon. But, I really don't like that design of ship. I don't like the ships wheel placed in the bow (a rather impractical place considering how a ship's wheel worked in the days of sailing), I don't like how large the sails are compared to the ship size, they really block out the view in front of the ship when sailing, and I also don't like the fin shaped rudder.

The oar shaped rudders were good for the Bison and Mooshu ships, but they also didn't look like a whale's tail. I really hope that whatever ship we get in Valencia, even if it's not an Armada ship, is a least a brand new ship, and not just this same constant re-used ship design.
I understand that some ships can be annoying, believe me even though I love my Aquila Galleon I hate having to look above to see where I am sailing

On to the topic of different ship designs I like new designs too, I like how some factions have different ship styles, I personally wouldn't mind if the ship was the beluga or the armada ships, if it's a skull island ship I would complain to KI

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I wouldn't say "no" to a Darkmoor ship. If you look at Avery's puppet show on the Polarian War, you can see a Polarian ship design.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'd be happy with any kind of new ship, even if it's a ship that we've already seen in game such as a Darkmoor, Armada, Polarian, or even an upgraded Monquistan ship. It's just that Beluga ship, (besides being impractical) looks like a toy boat that someone took off a shelf and set floating in a pond.