Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Knives VS Boarding Daggers

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Nefarious Knive stats
65+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
225 damage
30% armor penetration
Grants Walk in darkness and 1 rank to flanking

Level 60 (highest current tier) Boarding Daggers
60+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
14 armor
30% armor penetration

While the daggers have slightly lower offensive potential, they still give the squishy swashbucklers some armor. While Nefarious Knives seem better offensive wise while sacrificing armor

Which do you swashbucklers prefer? knives or daggers

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on May 17, 2015 wrote:
Nefarious Knive stats
65+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
225 damage
30% armor penetration

60+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
14 armor
30% armor penetration

While the daggers have slightly lower offensive potential, they still give the squishy swashbucklers some armor. While Nefarious Knives seem better offensive wise while sacrificing armor

Boarding Daggers, flanking is a pain in the tushie! Plus this squishy swashie needs that armor! ( I sacrificed a lot of armor in favor of dodge )

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
I'm not a swashbucker, but I can tell you that Flanking stinks for hides

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
This is a very argued question, most people prefer the plain boarding knives due to lack of flanking to save their hides, however the extra hide with it fixes that and makes it a good long term weapon. The boarding daggers on other hand, though with less damage are maybe slightly more reliable if you really like poison while hiding, and the extra assassin's strike makes it very balanced with nefarious knives, but I prefer nefarious cause they look cooler XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alternatively: Blades of Shade are useful if you don't have the crowns to buy Boarding Daggers or the Tower hasn't dropped the Nefarious Knives for you:

Blades of Shade
60+
Slashy/Stabby
Bonus from Agility
213 weapon damage
+7 armor
20% armor penetration
Dropped by Cadmus in the Caves of Ruin.

You forgot to mention that the Boarding Daggers also give a power card - Assassin's Strike.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I personally prefer the Boarding Knives for their armor boost and Assassin's Strike power card. I'm not a fan of flanking, so that also influences my choice.

My character uses the Blades of Shade most of the time because of the extra damage provided from training slashy weapons. I used the Boarding Knives for quite a while; they are excellent and carried me all the way through Aquila.

Plus, who doesn't love sparkly things?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Nefarious Knive stats
65+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
225 damage
30% armor penetration

60+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
14 armor
30% armor penetration

Your missing a key function on the nefarious knives: they grant flanking. Flanking is an ability that COULD be useful, if only it was changed so that it didnt break the players hide. as it is, because flanking ruins hide, i'd go with the boarding knives.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Nefarious Knive stats
65+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
225 damage
30% armor penetration

60+
Stabby
Boost from Agility
14 armor
30% armor penetration

Those are both excellent choices and so are the Blades of Shade. I myself use the Nefarious Knives. I am aware of the flanking so it rarely messes up a hidden for me and I like the increased damage. Even if your flanking does trigger while you're hidden, you still get a little bonus damage. Also, when you attack and you aren't hidden, the flanking is an extra attack. Besides, the Nefarious Knives are red and so is my outfit and we all know that all the best pirates accessorize so yeah :D

Ensign
Nov 29, 2012
where do you find zeena in aquilla...?

Ensign
Nov 29, 2012
i love this game soo much! but.. why do you have to pay at some parts???...

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I say the boarding knives are better.They give assassin's strike which in total damage deals about 1000 (bleeding included)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piplupcool on May 19, 2015 wrote:
where do you find zeena in aquilla...?
To find Zeena you must finish some side quests first, if you've completed these ( I forget which ones, sorry, it's been over 18 mos. since I was last in Aquila for any reason ) Look for the engineers standing by the Aqueduct in Sparta just beyond those annoying satyrs, they will have the quest that leads eventually to Zeena.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
I'd have to say the nefarious knives. Flanking in pvp can be stopped, you just have to move in the right place, etc. Yes, the boarding knives grant a assassin, yes it's helpful but in my setup I don't worry about assassins really, I only have 3 assassins in gear, so 4 in total. Boarding knives are useful, but eh.