Nefarious 5 Theory.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
263
While I'm at it, returning to the boards and all that. I've got a new theory I wanted to share.

The NEFARIOUS 5. These guys were pretty tough to fight back at the Moo Manchu tower. But....... JUST WHO THE HECK ARE THESE GUYS?!

Its possible I might have missed something but...... OK let me state my case.

Our main characters are humans. Pretty basic enough. During our travels we see other humans. But... They aren't as shaped like us.

Well maybe expect for that random NPC girl running around skull island....

And if you look at the Nefarious 5. They look like us. Which makes things even more confusing. And there's something that adds to this mystery.

The elixir.

Moo Manchu tries to bribe you with this. And if you let your main character drink it. He/She will become evil and cannot be used. You then have to fight that pirate.

But..... If we look close the Nefarious 5 have red glowing eyes. Like your pirate when he drinks the elixir.

Now there's even something that I noticed with their design. They look like their from a certain world. Like for example. Faye the looks like she is from marleybone. And the guy looks like he's from cool ranch.

My only conclusion I have is that. Its possible these were normal pirates like us. From different worlds. But were bribed by Moo Manchu. And then turned evil.

What do you guys think?

Fearless Talon Lewis.

Golden Leo.

Sean Nightingale.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7734
warrior021u on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
While I'm at it, returning to the boards and all that. I've got a new theory I wanted to share.

The NEFARIOUS 5. These guys were pretty tough to fight back at the Moo Manchu tower. But....... JUST WHO THE HECK ARE THESE GUYS?!

Its possible I might have missed something but...... OK let me state my case.

Our main characters are humans. Pretty basic enough. During our travels we see other humans. But... They aren't as shaped like us.

Well maybe expect for that random NPC girl running around skull island....

And if you look at the Nefarious 5. They look like us. Which makes things even more confusing. And there's something that adds to this mystery.

The elixir.

Moo Manchu tries to bribe you with this. And if you let your main character drink it. He/She will become evil and cannot be used. You then have to fight that pirate.

But..... If we look close the Nefarious 5 have red glowing eyes. Like your pirate when he drinks the elixir.

Now there's even something that I noticed with their design. They look like their from a certain world. Like for example. Faye the looks like she is from marleybone. And the guy looks like he's from cool ranch.

My only conclusion I have is that. Its possible these were normal pirates like us. From different worlds. But were bribed by Moo Manchu. And then turned evil.

What do you guys think?

Fearless Talon Lewis.

Golden Leo.

Sean Nightingale.
I think it's obvious that they are pirates, but are they really like us? Orphans, dedicated to the destruction of the Armada, flawed but still heroic? I think they were evil in the first place and easily succumbed to Manchu's promises of power & wealth.
( Of course this isn't to insult those pirates who wanted the Nefarious Sixth badge with the glowing eyes. )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
I think it's obvious that they are pirates, but are they really like us? Orphans, dedicated to the destruction of the Armada, flawed but still heroic? I think they were evil in the first place and easily succumbed to Manchu's promises of power & wealth.
( Of course this isn't to insult those pirates who wanted the Nefarious Sixth badge with the glowing eyes. )
I disagree. Perhaps they were heroes like us but merely weak willed. They couldn't resist temptation and gave up their quest. And I don't think we are dedicated to the destruction of the armada. We are searching for El Dorado and happened to be racing the armada. (much like Indiana Jones, he wanted some artifacts but he had to kill Nazis to get them. He didn't like them, but he wasn't dedicated to their destruction.)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
223
I wouldn't doubt that mr. Foo manchu (a type of chin beard) manipulated or bribed the nefarious five to work for him making them become evil power rangers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7734
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
I disagree. Perhaps they were heroes like us but merely weak willed. They couldn't resist temptation and gave up their quest. And I don't think we are dedicated to the destruction of the armada. We are searching for El Dorado and happened to be racing the armada. (much like Indiana Jones, he wanted some artifacts but he had to kill Nazis to get them. He didn't like them, but he wasn't dedicated to their destruction.)
We were the victims of the Armada before we even heard of El Dorado.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
We were the victims of the Armada before we even heard of El Dorado.
Yes but I'm convinced that was merely a skirmish. They just caught us committing a crime and we escaped. I don't believe it is ever explicitly stated that our goal was to destroy them. Our only "goal" was to reach El Dorado using any means necessary

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1193
Moo Manchu mentions that while seeking our pirate, he 'found others' - other pirates. This may indicate several things:
1) We naturally do not see all the people living in each area; we have to extend our imagination. The little girl running around the Skull Island merchant district is an indication that there are pirate families in Skull Island, and for that matter, probably human families. We see human adults scattered throughout Skull Island as a further indication of this.

2)For the most part, humans seem to lack their own worlds in the Spiral (Darkmoor and Wizard City are exceptions, and certainly Dragonspyre was). Therefore humans appear as a minority in other Spiral cultures. Sometimes they integrate well into those cultures (Serena is adopted into a well-respected family in Cool Ranch; Ned Land and the Dreadful family are successful in Marleybone, for examples). However, the proportion of humans among pirates seems to indicate that sometimes humans are 'adrift' in those societies, and end up being outside them as outlaws.

If these points are correct, then the Nefarious 5 are part of this human flotsam who have taken up piracy. That perhaps is the rational explanation for how these young pirates are there in the tower of Moo Manchu. The deeper answer to the rational for the Nefarious 5, however, is that they are just like us: skillful, ambitious, determined... but bad. They readily succumbed to greed to become Moo Manchu's creatures, and represent more of the nasty, self-serving image of a pirate than our often noble (and often confused) heroes. The Nefarious 5 offer an image of what we could be -- if we don't watch out!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
223
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
Moo Manchu mentions that while seeking our pirate, he 'found others' - other pirates. This may indicate several things:
1) We naturally do not see all the people living in each area; we have to extend our imagination. The little girl running around the Skull Island merchant district is an indication that there are pirate families in Skull Island, and for that matter, probably human families. We see human adults scattered throughout Skull Island as a further indication of this.

2)For the most part, humans seem to lack their own worlds in the Spiral (Darkmoor and Wizard City are exceptions, and certainly Dragonspyre was). Therefore humans appear as a minority in other Spiral cultures. Sometimes they integrate well into those cultures (Serena is adopted into a well-respected family in Cool Ranch; Ned Land and the Dreadful family are successful in Marleybone, for examples). However, the proportion of humans among pirates seems to indicate that sometimes humans are 'adrift' in those societies, and end up being outside them as outlaws.

If these points are correct, then the Nefarious 5 are part of this human flotsam who have taken up piracy. That perhaps is the rational explanation for how these young pirates are there in the tower of Moo Manchu. The deeper answer to the rational for the Nefarious 5, however, is that they are just like us: skillful, ambitious, determined... but bad. They readily succumbed to greed to become Moo Manchu's creatures, and represent more of the nasty, self-serving image of a pirate than our often noble (and often confused) heroes. The Nefarious 5 offer an image of what we could be -- if we don't watch out!
It could just be mind control. With all the magic that moo manchu has it doesn't seem that far off for them to be the other people who failed before you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1931
I don't know how they were formed, but I know they were enticed by Moo Manchu's dark mojo some time since his defeat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7734
Pirate101 fan on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
It could just be mind control. With all the magic that moo manchu has it doesn't seem that far off for them to be the other people who failed before you.
Well, you see that doesn't work - seeing that we're sent to the Tower as a direct "invitation" by Manchu and also he says that he found these pirates while looking for us.
They're his minions as much as the corrupted samoorai.

Ensign
May 10, 2009
31
Actually, judging by how their names are described, might tell us about them. I've had a theory that "Faithless Josef Hawkins" could possibly be from Dragonspyre. Obviously his huge set of Aquila armor might make you think against it, but his Dragon Axe Doom suggests it. Also him being "Faithless" could be his faith being lost when Dragonspyre fell. Dragonspyre was a human world, as Aquila is somewhat devoid of all humans. Benjamin being clearly from Cool Ranch. Cool Ranch as we know it is home to many bandits and backstabbers, maybe as to why he was given the title "Unreliable". Lynne I assume is a traitor from Skull Island, as voodoo is practiced there frequently and "disloyal" to Captain Avery perhaps? Jonathan being what looks like to be raised in Mooshu, and is "ignoble" for possible failing in battle or being a criminal, as Mooshu has very honorable samoorai and such. Fayne, being from Marlybone as mentioned, due to the very royal outfit. "Insensitive" for possibly not caring about her troops? Or this is all just nonsense and they're just enemies we fight, but, who knows...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7734
Xtreamjason on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
Actually, judging by how their names are described, might tell us about them. I've had a theory that "Faithless Josef Hawkins" could possibly be from Dragonspyre. Obviously his huge set of Aquila armor might make you think against it, but his Dragon Axe Doom suggests it. Also him being "Faithless" could be his faith being lost when Dragonspyre fell. Dragonspyre was a human world, as Aquila is somewhat devoid of all humans. Benjamin being clearly from Cool Ranch. Cool Ranch as we know it is home to many bandits and backstabbers, maybe as to why he was given the title "Unreliable". Lynne I assume is a traitor from Skull Island, as voodoo is practiced there frequently and "disloyal" to Captain Avery perhaps? Jonathan being what looks like to be raised in Mooshu, and is "ignoble" for possible failing in battle or being a criminal, as Mooshu has very honorable samoorai and such. Fayne, being from Marlybone as mentioned, due to the very royal outfit. "Insensitive" for possibly not caring about her troops? Or this is all just nonsense and they're just enemies we fight, but, who knows...
Interesting theories, XtreamJason. But as for Josef being from Dragonspyre, well, if you look at the design of the Axe you'll notice that it fits designs of demons from temples throughout Asia. ( especially India Budhist temples. )

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
22
Wow, I never thought of it that way. However, I really don't give much thought about the enemies I'm slicing and dicing in the heat of battle . Maybe they were orphans just like us? Maybe Moo Manchu fake-promised their parents back? Idk. All I know is that we haven't seen the last of the Nef-5 or Moo Manchu!