Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Leveling - My Biggest Pet Peeve

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Seriously!

A Level 70 Pirate should not have Level 36 for their Nautical. That is just so wrong, it makes me not want to help them sink ships.

Is it THAT difficult? Really?

Maybe Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry should be yelling at them every time they log in and their nautical is so far below their pirate's level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
Seriously!

A Level 70 Pirate should not have Level 36 for their Nautical. That is just so wrong, it makes me not want to help them sink ships.

Maybe Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry should be yelling at them every time they log in and their nautical is so far below their pirate's level.

Time for that Advanced Companion Tutorial! I'll bet they have no idea how easy it is to bump up that nautical with just a few companions on the Sailin' task ( and giving those companions that they'll never use a rank or 2 in Canoneering works even better... )

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Do you have your extra companions go get nautical exp?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Time for that Advanced Companion Tutorial! I'll bet they have no idea how easy it is to bump up that nautical with just a few companions on the Sailin' task ( and giving those companions that they'll never use a rank or 2 in Canoneering works even better... )
Yes - Younger players who ignore the tutorial tips and dialogue boxes would probably ignore Boochbeard as well, I guess. They don't take the time to learn about game mechanics other than battle powers. They need an actual tutorial quest to put it right in front of them.

When I asked why his nautical was so low, he swore around the filter to indicate how little he enjoyed sinking ships. He also didn't do side quests. It was obviously a younger person, because when I said I didn't care for his language, he told me I wasn't his mom. So, he went unfriended and unhelped -- I told him good luck and switched pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
Seriously!

Boochbeard: "Yar, mate! Your nautical level seems to be laggin' behind yer piratin' level. Go hunt a few ships, why don't ya?"
Mr. Gandry: "Or place a few of your companions on the Sailin' task!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Yes - Younger players who ignore the tutorial tips and dialogue boxes would probably ignore Boochbeard as well, I guess. They don't take the time to learn about game mechanics other than battle powers. They need an actual tutorial quest to put it right in front of them.

When I asked why his nautical was so low, he swore around the filter to indicate how little he enjoyed sinking ships. He also didn't do side quests. It was obviously a younger person, because when I said I didn't care for his language, he told me I wasn't his mom. So, he went unfriended and unhelped -- I told him good luck and switched pirates.

He deserves his fate.