Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Level

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 24, 2017
I don't know if this was a problem for other pirates, but my nautical level was always lower against ships. I was about 5 or 7 levels lower than my opponent all the time when I go into a new world. Was this a problem for anyone else?

Eric Gordon Level 70

R.I.P Pratical Flint Roberts Level 65

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Oh trust me, this happens to most players at some point. I have a few solutions:

1. Put the majority of your companions that you won't use on sailing (although I would not recommend it until you get some more companions). It'll take a while for the more companions you have on it but you'll get pretty good results.
  2. Grind ships in areas that are around your nautical level.
  3. Do side quests that give nautical exp.
You must be doing pretty good if your nautical level is usually 5-7 levels lower than the ships there. I had cases where my nautical level was more than 10 levels below the ships!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ConfusedKnicksFan on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
I don't know if this was a problem for other pirates, but my nautical level was always lower against ships. I was about 5 or 7 levels lower than my opponent all the time when I go into a new world. Was this a problem for anyone else?

Eric Gordon Level 70

It was a problem for me, because I was playing before Advanced Companions were added. I managed to raise my Nautical Level by hunting ships, a lot!
Now with Advanced Companions Task of Sailin', you have no excuse for being under-leveled. Set companions on Sailin' to bring your ship level up, you can even have them do this while you're off-line. Also do those side quests that involve hunting ships!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Many pirates neglect their nautical level in their rush to level quickly, so you are not alone. I made it a practice to keep my nautical level near the pirate's character level by sinking extra ships when on a quest, or just helping others sinks ships if I was passing an ongoing battle.Also, many side quests that reward your pirate with Nautical xp are available, and many don't even require you to sink ships.

Using the Sailing companion task whenever a companion ends up on Bed Rest or you log off for the night is a big help as well.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
ConfusedKnicksFan on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:

Eric Gordon Level 70

I never grind nautical levels when questing. It's never a problem for me even though ship battles may be harder. Sometimes I'll end up being around 10 nautical levels lower than my pirate level. However, this may vary between each player. I would suggeset setting your unused companions to earning nautical experience.