Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Name of worlds and origins

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Oh why hello there! I would post this thread earlier, but I keep on forgetting to do it. Anyway this thread is about the worlds in the spiral and how they got their names. If you find out one of the origins please post down below.
Skull Island: Caribbean Not sure where the name came from
Monquista: Since the world is based of Spanish and Mexican culture is has to do with that.
Valencia: I'm not sure, and actually Valencia is in Spain not Italy
Cool Ranch: It's wild west themed. Doritos chips? If you map out all the skyways in Cool Ranch it sorta makes up a triangle.
Mooshu: Chinese and Japanese themed. In the Disney movie Mulan there is a small red dragon named Mushu
Aquila: Greek/Roman themed. In Roman mythology there is a god of the north wind named Aquilo. It actually makes since because if you got a map of Marco Pollo last year, Aquila is pretty north.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Well, Aquila is called "Aquila" because it is inhabited by Eagles. Aquila in Latin, means Eagle. It was spoken by Italic Latins in Ancient Rome, and was influenced by the Greek Alphabet. The two main places Aquila seems to be based off of, Greece and Rome.

Jacob

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Richard Ashthorn on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Oh why hello there! I would post this thread earlier, but I keep on forgetting to do it. Anyway this thread is about the worlds in the spiral and how they got their names. If you find out one of the origins please post down below.
Skull Island: Caribbean Not sure where the name came from
Monquista: Since the world is based of Spanish and Mexican culture is has to do with that.
Valencia: I'm not sure, and actually Valencia is in Spain not Italy
Cool Ranch: It's wild west themed. Doritos chips? If you map out all the skyways in Cool Ranch it sorta makes up a triangle.
Mooshu: Chinese and Japanese themed. In the Disney movie Mulan there is a small red dragon named Mushu
Aquila: Greek/Roman themed. In Roman mythology there is a god of the north wind named Aquilo. It actually makes since because if you got a map of Marco Pollo last year, Aquila is pretty north.
Corrections
Skull island-not just carribean but also central america and a tiny bit of florida
monquista-nothing to do with mexico but mainly spain and africa.
valencia-WRONG! it is italy,the characters All-a-speak-a-in-a-italiano-accents and is it just me or is the resistance remind me of the three musketeers with a mixture of the guys who fight against terminator.
cool ranch-north america themed(without canada) speciffically texas,midwest united states and mexico.
mooshu-correct but i dont think it was named after the red dragon(even though i would like a mulan themed chapter) i think it's based on a certain type of chinese food of the same name i think.
(Also you skipped marleybone and just so you know it's based of england)
aquila-nope Just greek.