Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeers are Underrated...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
From what I've seen, not many pirates choose to be a musketeer compared to the other classes. I see so many people saying how awesome a swashbuckler is, or a privateer, buccaneer, and witchdoctors are. Don't get me wrong, I love all the classes. However, it's not like I see many pirates saying, "Oh my goodness, musketeers are so amazing!" Sure, there's a few people who do, but I rarely see it. The musketeer class is indeed an amazing class. Why? Hmm, where should I start...

1. Their traps. You seriously don't want to run into those bad boys! You can't just run into them and say, "Oh it's no big deal, I can handle it." Their traps can take about 1/4 to 1/2 of your health. Yeah... OUCH!!! Yes, it takes a bit of time to figure out where to place them. It's a waste of a round if an enemy goes around them. Really you must predict where the enemy will run: usually they run towards you. Also know the field and where your enemy would go around obstacles. I'd go more in detail, but I don't exactly have the space.

2. Those bombs! You could surround yourself with them and if you have Louis le Bisque could also set them down... Your enemy will suffer very painful consequences for approaching you and your team. Really at that rate you can take down your enemy very quickly with them hardly swinging a sword at you.

3. Agility buffs. A swashbuckler already can deal lots of damage, but with a buff they can improve. And who doesn't want their companions to improve in combat, eh privateers?

4. Fancy tricks. Yes, this has nothing to do with strategy. However, you have to admit they look pretty cool jumping and flipping in the air and shooting at the enemy. Hmm now that I think about it, next to swashbucklers, musketeers can be quite the show off.

5. Their talents. More like the benefit of not triggering an enemy's talents, such as vengeance strike, riposte, first strike, etc. Which seriously comes in handy because about half of the enemy is melee with those talents. Burst fire is absolutely amazing, as if all musketeers are so trigger happy.

Again don't get me wrong on two things. First, I'm not saying that it's the best class because... there's no such thing as best class. I really love all the classes and they're all awesome to me. Second, I'm not saying that all people say they don't like musketeers or something like that, though those who are, are entitled to their opinion I suppose. I'm just saying that the majority of the people don't think of the musketeer class as pretty superb class. And I believe that's really a shame.

P.S. This isn't about PvP because technically I'd have no idea what I'm talking about on that subject for I don't really do it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
435Snow Owl on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
From what I've seen, not many pirates choose to be a musketeer compared to the other classes. I see so many people saying how awesome a swashbuckler is, or a privateer, buccaneer, and witchdoctors are. Don't get me wrong, I love all the classes. However, it's not like I see many pirates saying, "Oh my goodness, musketeers are so amazing!" Sure, there's a few people who do, but I rarely see it. The musketeer class is indeed an amazing class. Why? Hmm, where should I start...

1. Their traps. You seriously don't want to run into those bad boys! You can't just run into them and say, "Oh it's no big deal, I can handle it." Their traps can take about 1/4 to 1/2 of your health. Yeah... OUCH!!! Yes, it takes a bit of time to figure out where to place them. It's a waste of a round if an enemy goes around them. Really you must predict where the enemy will run: usually they run towards you. Also know the field and where your enemy would go around obstacles. I'd go more in detail, but I don't exactly have the space.

2. Those bombs! You could surround yourself with them and if you have Louis le Bisque could also set them down... Your enemy will suffer very painful consequences for approaching you and your team. Really at that rate you can take down your enemy very quickly with them hardly swinging a sword at you.

3. Agility buffs. A swashbuckler already can deal lots of damage, but with a buff they can improve. And who doesn't want their companions to improve in combat, eh privateers?

4. Fancy tricks. Yes, this has nothing to do with strategy. However, you have to admit they look pretty cool jumping and flipping in the air and shooting at the enemy. Hmm now that I think about it, next to swashbucklers, musketeers can be quite the show off.

5. Their talents. More like the benefit of not triggering an enemy's talents, such as vengeance strike, riposte, first strike, etc. Which seriously comes in handy because about half of the enemy is melee with those talents. Burst fire is absolutely amazing, as if all musketeers are so trigger happy.

Again don't get me wrong on two things. First, I'm not saying that it's the best class because... there's no such thing as best class. I really love all the classes and they're all awesome to me. Second, I'm not saying that all people say they don't like musketeers or something like that, though those who are, are entitled to their opinion I suppose. I'm just saying that the majority of the people don't think of the musketeer class as pretty superb class. And I believe that's really a shame.

P.S. This isn't about PvP because technically I'd have no idea what I'm talking about on that subject for I don't really do it.
I absolutely completely agree. Now all my musketeer needs are more melee units!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My musketeer, currently at level 63, will be the fourth class I have run up to the current max. I certainly have been very impressed with him so far.

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I only work on my Musketeer, as I have put TONS of work into him. I rarely use traps, as I am mostly able to win battles with just bombs! I can also heal FOUR times, 3 Revives and 1 Rouse, thanks to boss-drop gear. As of right now, my musketeer is extremely powerful, and my crew, standing at 114 members strong, is hard to beat down. All in all, my musketeer is pretty powerful. Now, all I need is a Burst Fire Epic in the next major update........

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I agree. I just finished the game today with my musketeer and, like Indigo, this is also my fourth pirate.

I wasn't all that excited about it when I started this character because I thought, "What's the fun in just shooting things?" By the time the power cards and abilities started stacking up I was loving it. Nothing pleased me more than having the enemy arrange themselves in a perfect 5-person X set-up so I could get the most out of that awesome shot.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb lvl 65
Fearless Fallon Webb lvl 65
Black Bailey Webb lvl 65
Salty Sonia Webb lvl 65
Virtuous Vanessa Webb lvl 1 (anxiously awaiting the update)

Bosun
May 10, 2010
When beta was around, musketeer was definitely the worst class. They were weak in every possible way and had no "spark" to it, pun intended.

However, when the game went live, many changes were made to the Musketeer that really revived the class and made them one of the best possible classes to choose from.

I personally have a level 65 of each class.

my 6th pirate was Crazy Christopher Cringle, who was a swashbuckler, but I retired him and made Virtuous Destiny Everheart, who is a musketeer. So now I have 2 level 65 musketeers.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Yum, be careful or you might feel the power of my spark gun!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
For a while, I'd put in a lot of work into my musketeer, and I found that musketeers are a pretty powerful class. You can layer up to 4 bombs with Louis at your side (right?). He's one of my most valuable companions.

My musketeer is currently at level 46, because I want to even out the levels of my pirates.

Plus Miranda didn't take as long.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I fer one agree 100% musketeers be great to play, for they possess a few stats that no other pirate has, and that being (Trap Masters, Sharpshooters, and Force at Arms with Major Weaponry.)

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
My main character is a Musketeer and I completely agree, it's sad to see not many people saying things about this class. For a musketeer I am quite overpowered as I use Chantal, Bonnie and Louis in battle. I have two sniper shots and I can probably kill a 2000 health companion in pvp on the second round with Chantal's sniper shot. They are an amazing class and I hope that they get awesome companions in the future.
Brave Bradley Barclay

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
My main character is a Musketeer and I completely agree, it's sad to see not many people saying things about this class. For a musketeer I am quite overpowered as I use Chantal, Bonnie and Louis in battle. I have two sniper shots and I can probably kill a 2000 health companion in pvp on the second round with Chantal's sniper shot. They are an amazing class and I hope that they get awesome companions in the future.
Brave Bradley Barclay
Haha, I use the exact same group of companions as you do with my musketeer.

It is sad, but I'm glad that at least some people realize this and it's not just me.