Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mr V.?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
How very exciting that the test realm is back! I haven't actually have had a chance yet to visit, and it is pretty late now, but looking at the update notes and seeing the pictures, I have a question:

Is our new Cephalopod friend 'Squid Vicious'? (aka 'Mr. Nasty') or 'Squid Viscous' ? (aka 'Mr. Honey', as he has the quality of something thick and syrupy) Unless I am simply tired and not seeing things right because it has been a long day, I think I read his name as the latter, in both the note description and the picture frame. Though maybe the mis-spelling is a sort of pun?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Squid Viscous is his correct name.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh it's definitely quite the clever pun Anne and actually there are a couple of them surrounding that cephalopod!

Not 100% sure if KI's Squid Viscous is a play on the rocker or wrestler, Sid Vicious, or perhaps a little bit of both?

My guess would be that it is more of a nod to the rocker Sid Vicious since Blind Mew seems to have had an endearment towards late 70's/80's London-esque rock groups. And since a squid can be described as well a bit mucous-y or gelatinous-y, hence the viscous, it is quite the pretty funny pun and play on words indeed.

Also I am thinking that the 'henchmen' in the game, that are to the sides of Squid Viscous, are clever nods as well.

Hinson may be a reference to a voice actor/musician that goes by the name of 'Unknown Hinson' and also was part of the voice cast of an older animated show called...............'Squidbillies'.

And my guess for ol' Snyder is that it is a nod to the director of 'Watchmen', Zack Snyder. In the novel/comic book series Watchmen by Alan Moore, there is a giant alien squid-like monster. In the movie, Snyder didn't use the monster but did include it...........kind of, sort of. There are signs in the movie with the acronym S.Q.U.I.D., which stands for Sub Quantum Unifying Intrinsic Device. So, Snyder oh so cleverly kept Moore's monster squid in the movie after all.

Well played Mew and company.....well played!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain
Jul 16, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
Bloooorphbloopphoob!
Translation? I don't speak squid.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
Translation? I don't speak squid.
A word denoting extreme approval. "AWESOMENESS!"

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
A word denoting extreme approval. "AWESOMENESS!"
Ah OK.

Floopedoopaploopeploopafloo!

Yeah...I'm a bit rusty,but I think that came out right.And if I said anything innappropriate...sorry!