Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Most Usefull Companion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Hi everyone,Squalltamer here!I was just wondering what everyones most usefull companion is(Best Crit,Dodge,Damage, etc)I have several:Kan Po A hide plus a super and a heal!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I feel that many swashbucklers are over-looking Sarah Steele as a lead companion. She has Shadow Dance ( self buff ) Walk in Shadows and two attack epics. She has but one draw-back: Repel Boarders, but this can be stopped by moving her away from charging enemies ( while she is hidden ).
Everyone is using Fan Flanders now but she has some serious drawbacks of her own; Flanking and I believe that she is the squishiest companion in the game!

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
I think Rooster Cogburn (Chicken Lawman) is the most us full Companion because he has true grit at start and is great at fighting pig pirates.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
To a large extent I think it varies depending on your class and play style. For example, Hoodoo Cornelius is a solid companion for everybody except Privateers - for Privateers, with the right buff or two, he becomes a one-man army.

The "Crown Shop" equivalents of the starting companions, the companions you acquire at the beginning of the hunt for Ratbeard, and that you rescue from Presido are all good companions and can help balance your crew.

-Indigo

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
If you're a Privateer, or another class pirate with Valor's Shield/Armor/Fortress/Rampart gear, Hoodoo Cornelius is super awesome. He can Go Bananas and kill all the enemies around him with his version of Reckless Frenzy, though if you don't have all that shielding, he probably will kill himself.

But if you really need someone to die, Hoodoo Cornelius is there for you.
Well, not totally there, because first you have to buy the Hoodoo Bundle, and most people in Pirate101 aren't gonna do that.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
^-^ since I main a swashbuckler I find Flan Flanders to be the most useful

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I don't use Sarah Steele...................

Anyway, one the most useful companions in the game has got to be Louis. He has Bear Trap and Rain of Mortarshells, plus a Super Hit. His bombs are SUPER useful, especially when farming low level enemies.

And I do gotta agree with you with Kan Po. I use Keisuke Yagi with my Swashbuckler, and his Super Hit while hidden can do over 1000 damage!

I say Keisuke and Louis are the best and most useful.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Truth be told mate, each and every companion be useful in their own unique way if ye ask me.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan