Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Monkey builds

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 18, 2011
I just recently got the hoodoo bundle and activated the companion that came in at level 68. Every time I use him in battle, he usually dies. I don't know if the build I have affects it though. My build for him is relentless 2, blade storm and second chance. Is that not a good build to use for him? If so, what is the best build for him?

Two-faced Griffin Yellowfish level 65
Merciless Marcus Mizzen level 24
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick level 43

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheTsunami on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I just recently got the hoodoo bundle and activated the companion that came in at level 68. Every time I use him in battle, he usually dies. I don't know if the build I have affects it though. My build for him is relentless 2, blade storm and second chance. Is that not a good build to use for him? If so, what is the best build for him?

Two-faced Griffin Yellowfish level 65
Merciless Marcus Mizzen level 24
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick level 43
Well if you are going to use "Going Bananas" skill he is going to take on damage with every hit until he misses. Before you use that, if you have the gear for it, put a Valor's armor or fortress on him. Then he will be protected as he whomps on those bad guys for you.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
That's just him. He charges forward, does tremendous damage, and then goes for a little lie-down for the next little bit! Mostly he does it to himself of course. I can offer two suggestions from my experiences with Hoodoo Cornelius: (1) hold him for tough fights where you think you are really going to need those extra attacks he has when bananas; or (2) use him more regularly, but don't activate "Go Bananas" until toward the end of the fight, if at all. In my experience what often puts him down is his weakening himself early on from GB attacks, and then the baddies (who tend to focus on weak and wounded crew) all pile in on him. So use him to mop up rather than as the initial assault.

I find him a great deal of fun.

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
My build does not include Blade Storm. Mine has all of the same stuff, but instead of Blade Storm, my Hoodoo Cornelius has Repel Boarders. Anyway, find an item that gives Valor's Armor, and cast that on Hoodoo Cornelius and have him use Go Bananas. It makes him a tank, and then whenever he gets low on health, heal him. Hoodoo Cornelius is very powerful, and all you need to do is use him correctly.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I personally found the companion useless. But that's the same build I did, so maybe we just didn't research enough... I think part of the problem is that he doesn't get the talent that increases your life, which I usually max out for all of my companions. He's mostly good for attacking, but this gives me a new idea I'll post right after this...