Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Miscellaneous Ideas that Make the Game Better

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello pirates! I am starting this thread to present a few easy things that could be added to the game that can potentially make pirate more fun for everyone, and would also not require much coding or work from the developers. I encourage you all to critique these, and maybe even add to the list yourselves! So, on with the suggestions.

1) < Insert generic quest finder suggestion here > You all saw this one coming, so I thought I'd put it in the front.

2) Mass collecting for companion tasks. When you get up to 2 or 3 pages of companions, it can become quite annoying to have to click one-by-one and collect from every single companion you have, so I would propose a way to mass collect from all of your companions (or potentially mass order, although this can be done with reissuing which is already in the game)

3) Revamp the badge system... sort of. As of now, when I look at my badges, I can't tell you you how many I do have, and how many I don't have. I would recommend making it more like wiz's where you can see empty slots for the badges you don't have, to add to the sense of progression and discovery.

4) More clockwork badges. Throughout the game, we have not 1, not 2, but 3 books almost entirely dedicated to clockworks, yet the badges for defeating them only go up to 250? I would recommend adding an extra badge for 500, or even 750 and 1,000 if you want to get real grindy. By the time most players are done with the main story, they will have all of their clockwork badges. As a side note, story badges for more recent content (Typhon's Conqueror - Defeat Commander Typhon, Dread Not the Dreadnaught - Defeat the Rogue Armada Dreadnaught/Complete the Ashes of the Armada dungeon would, etc. would be nice)

5) Maybe more do x dungeon y times badges? Nothing cray like 100, but I could easily see myself feeling motivated to do Ashes of the Armada or the Regatta 5, 10, or even 25 times.

That's all my suggestions! Please, let me know what you guys think in the comments, and feel free to add your own!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yep, yep, yep --

I started a thread that apparently no one cared about, since it sunk so quickly, but I think there should also be badges/rewards for sinking enemy ships. Many of us enjoy naval combat as a part of the game, and I think new players would sink more Wharf Rat ships if there was a badge for sinking 50 or a hundred of them, and their nautical would certainly improve.

Possibly if there was a unique wheel or horn that could only be acquired through gaining the ship-sinking badges?
Even better.

[insert ship icon here]

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I'll agree with most of your suggestions, Alex, but I can't agree with the mass collection. We're getting a lot of benefit from our crews being able to go out and find stuff or train; we should be willing to spend the whopping two seconds per crew member to collect what we sent them out for. Besides, I like to give attaboys to the crew member who did the best at collecting that day, and if we just got a wave of pet goods or gold or nautical experience, I wouldn't know who to let sit by the captain at dinner.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
I'll agree with most of your suggestions, Alex, but I can't agree with the mass collection. We're getting a lot of benefit from our crews being able to go out and find stuff or train; we should be willing to spend the whopping two seconds per crew member to collect what we sent them out for. Besides, I like to give attaboys to the crew member who did the best at collecting that day, and if we just got a wave of pet goods or gold or nautical experience, I wouldn't know who to let sit by the captain at dinner.
You forgot to mention what if your pirate had limited backpack space and you had multiple companions set to Scavengin', collecting them all at once might lead to destroyed stuff.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
You forgot to mention what if your pirate had limited backpack space and you had multiple companions set to Scavengin', collecting them all at once might lead to destroyed stuff.
Perhaps it could post a warning if you were about to mass collect that you would destroy some of the imes. Thank you for bringing this up, as I had not thought of this problem before.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, if you "Group Collect", you'll probably have "Group Restart Tasks", which would maybe a strain on the game - it's better to be a little slower - "haste makes waste".

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Willowydream on Jun 26, 2018 wrote:
Yep, yep, yep --

I started a thread that apparently no one cared about, since it sunk so quickly, but I think there should also be badges/rewards for sinking enemy ships. Many of us enjoy naval combat as a part of the game, and I think new players would sink more Wharf Rat ships if there was a badge for sinking 50 or a hundred of them, and their nautical would certainly improve.

Possibly if there was a unique wheel or horn that could only be acquired through gaining the ship-sinking badges?
Even better.

[insert ship icon here]
What a great Idea ^.^

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
1) Being able to place banners (such as the grizzles heart banner) in our houses
2) Having more badges that grant a crown shop companion (more badges that grant things in general would be nice)
3) Another dungeon (such as Tower of Moo Manchu) that is maybe targeted towards lower levels
4) Increase backpack space elixir (and maybe increase it to 150 if you're a member like it is on wiz)

Ensign
Jan 27, 2018
I agree with all these. Another good idea would be a dungeon that has different companions as very rare drops, almost like the lore master in wizard101.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
Ah. Hadn't considered that, but you're absolutely right. Anecorbie makes an excellent point about the group restart issue as well. It starts to sound like the time you'd save would be spent restarting everyone anyway, so you might just as well do it individually anyway.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Steven Owlhunter on Jul 1, 2018 wrote:
1) Being able to place banners (such as the grizzles heart banner) in our houses
2) Having more badges that grant a crown shop companion (more badges that grant things in general would be nice)
3) Another dungeon (such as Tower of Moo Manchu) that is maybe targeted towards lower levels
4) Increase backpack space elixir (and maybe increase it to 150 if you're a member like it is on wiz)
I do like the idea of lower levels having something like Moo's Tower to do. The rewards should be pretty much (like Moo's stuff) geared toward pirates in that lower level range, though.

Ensign
May 13, 2010
I love all of these ideas! One idea I have would be to take one of the new ship horns from the cutthroat ship in the pvp arena and increase it's hull repair rate and make it's nautical level requirement 70. Right now there are two unique horns with new powers that you can win from the ship but their level requirement is nautical level 24 and the hull repair rate is quite low due to them being created for lower level ships. I think if at least one of them had its stats improved for higher level ships then more people might try collecting the horns. The powers are really cool, it's just that the hull repair rate needs to be higher on them if they are going to be chosen over existing horns like the kraken one dropped by Scylla.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Add more badge rewards.
Oh my I just love that monkey head!