Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Message boards / Signatures

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I noticed that one of the community leaders.. "Talkin the plank" has this below their posts...
"Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we do nothing but talk about Pirate 101 every week!"

Very cool, what I am curious about is... this appears to be a signature of sorts, can us more regular pirates on the board implement a "signature" similarly?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I noticed that one of the community leaders.. "Talkin the plank" has this below their posts...
"Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we do nothing but talk about Pirate 101 every week!"

Very cool, what I am curious about is... this appears to be a signature of sorts, can us more regular pirates on the board implement a "signature" similarly?
I'd noticed that One-Eyed Jack had a signature on his posts so I poked around and saw a button for it. Don't know if it was a one time thing, but after I added the signature you see now, the option went away. Don't know if that was a glitch or not, but I'm glad I got in a little shameless self promotion while I could!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Talkin The Plank on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
I'd noticed that One-Eyed Jack had a signature on his posts so I poked around and saw a button for it. Don't know if it was a one time thing, but after I added the signature you see now, the option went away. Don't know if that was a glitch or not, but I'm glad I got in a little shameless self promotion while I could!
Soooo... One Eyed Jack....

Be this something not offered to us common pirates?
(lol I aspire to be anything but "common" but thats another story)

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Probably only to community leaders, and it's developers and administrators.

Which is good. Because the last thing I want to see is a forum absolutely cluttered with senseless nonsense.

There is a makeshift way of adding signatures, which I see lots of people doing. That is good enough.

I mean, I go over to Central forums, all I see is gigantic irrelevant signatures and pictures of self entitlement, while I have to actually strain and search just to see what the actual responses were.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Probably only to community leaders, and it's developers and administrators.

Which is good. Because the last thing I want to see is a forum absolutely cluttered with senseless nonsense.

There is a makeshift way of adding signatures, which I see lots of people doing. That is good enough.

I mean, I go over to Central forums, all I see is gigantic irrelevant signatures and pictures of self entitlement, while I have to actually strain and search just to see what the actual responses were.
The size of some of the signatures in the other forums were... Massive...

If they do implement signatures they should set a size limit, like over at Overclock Remix.

SCH

Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:

Because we don't have the ability to moderate signatures, we can't open this option up for everyone's use.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
Because we don't have the ability to moderate signatures, we can't open this option up for everyone's use.
I dont disagree with some of the other responses, just thought it would be nice to have a line or 2 as a tagline/signature, nothing crazy.

Thanks for the explanation.