marleybone roleplay number I

1
AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
60
hello this role play is for anyone in Marleybone or Aquila if you would like to join in feel free to do so!

the first scene at Cargill foundry

one day in Marleybone Grace Conrad was at the bone with working day and night every day begins and ends the same way engineering she wants to disable an armada fortress sometime so she called the admirals and said that she wanted someone to take her to beachhead because she was a little bored when romantic Nicholas jones gone to Grace Conrad she knew what was going to happen next ...

see you in the spiral comment below and yar it if you like the new role play romantic Nicholas jones level 59 swashbuckler

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
kvtasmaniafan 123 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
hello this role play is for anyone in Marleybone or Aquila if you would like to join in feel free to do so!

the first scene at Cargill foundry

one day in Marleybone Grace Conrad was at the bone with working day and night every day begins and ends the same way engineering she wants to disable an armada fortress sometime so she called the admirals and said that she wanted someone to take her to beachhead because she was a little bored when romantic Nicholas jones gone to Grace Conrad she knew what was going to happen next ...

see you in the spiral comment below and yar it if you like the new role play romantic Nicholas jones level 59 swashbuckler
Ah... so I can't join, then. Lol no problem, I've certainly had my fair share of role playing. Emma, I know you're going to be all over this roleplay...

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
215
Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
60
anyone for this roleplay also see aquila roleplay number I

noone continued yet

this might take a while

romantic nicholas jones level 60 swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
11
ya I know nick he is one of my best friends on there btw nick this is crazy cody laveer

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Just Add Bacon on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Ah... so I can't join, then. Lol no problem, I've certainly had my fair share of role playing. Emma, I know you're going to be all over this roleplay...
Huzzah! I can finally join this roleplay!
~
A blonde-haired, green eyed swashbuckler strolled down the streets of The Isle of Dogs, tipping her tricorn in every friendly passerby's direction. She seemed to be rather fond of her new Marleybonian equipment -- a simple black and green tricorn paired with a some soldier's clothes, similar to the ones Lt. Springer wears, along with heeled black boots. A fencer's rapier thumped against her legs and her dagger glinted in the moonlight. The girl strided easily and freely, enjoying the starry night sky but finding it a difficult time to breath, because the air here was so polluted whereas her home in Grizzleheim always has clean fresh air. She took special care to stop by a bakery and smell all of the delightful scents before she continued on her way to see a certainly Marleybonian trader she knew.

Before she could reach her friend, however, two Marleybonian dog soldiers came up next to her.

"Are you Elizabeth Tutor?" Asked the German Shepherd of the pair.

Lizzy was rather surprised, but nodded, her blonde curls bouncing. "Yes I am, sir."

"Then you need to come with us." The German Shepherd's partner, a black Schnauzer, informed her. The both of them roughly grabbed her arms and jerked her away and into the direction of the courthouse.

Lizzy's eyes grew wide with shock and the all-too-familiar feeling of shivering from fear took her over. "But why?" She asked, almost wanting to pull away from the pair but knowing it would be pointless and only land her in more trouble.

"You'll find out soon enough." snarled the German Shepherd.

And she did indeed find out, all too soon. The pair threw her into a wooden bench in the courthouse and before she knew what was happening, someone had already asked her another question.

A stuck-up looking Bull Dog snuffed and rubbed his nose rudely, then spoke with a snooty-sounding voice. "Elizabeth Tutor?" He asked, ever so slightly looking in the direction of Lizzy.

"Yes, sir?" Lizzy asked back.

"Very good." Said the Bull Dog. He put on some small spectacles and picked up a paper. "Elizabeth Tutor has hereby been sentences to be hanged for her attempt to assassinate the crown and start yet another war between The Great Powers."

Lizzy's breath caught on her throat and her hands clamped the side of the bench, her knuckles turning white. She couldn't move, she couldn't speak, she couldn't breath. She did not attempt to assassinate the crown, nor did she try and start a war. This made no sense!

Thankfully, before the guards could take her away, the Bull Dog spoke again. "Does anyone have any objections?" He looked up from his paper and swept a steely gaze across the crowd. Lizzy crossed her fingers and searched the court room for a familiar face, hoping against hopes that one of her friends were there, ready to bale her out of trouble.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
OOC: Sorry, I didn't have time to go back and re-read my post to make sure that I spelled everything correctly, so there might be typing errors. I'm on a time crunch right now as well, so it may seem a little rushed.
~
"I object." Spoke up a young, deep, unfamiliar voice from the shadows.

Lizzy was surprised to find that this was all the judge needed, and with a curt nod, Lizzy was released. It was obvious that she was shocked by the events that had happened within the past half hour, for her eyes were wide and she walked away like she was in a daze. Her eyebrows furrowed, as it struck her that she should probably thank her rescuer. She turned to the left and walked over to the shape that owned the voice in the shadows.

"Thank you." Lizzy said gratefully, a look of relief crossing her face as she watched everyone leave. "You have truly just saved my life."

"No need to thank me." Said the voice, and a young man her own age walked from the darkness. "We need to go, now." He roughly grabbed Lizzy by the arm, as if she hadn't had enough of that for the night, and walked out of the court.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
"W-wait!" Lizzy stammered, resisting the buccaneer's pull but still being effortlessly dragged across The Isle of Dogs. "What do you want with me?" She drug her heels into the cobblestone ground, to little avail.

He rounded on her sharply, stopping dead in his tracks and freezing Lizzy with his stare. "My captain, Captain Nicholas Jones, is in need of your assistance. He assigned me to come and get you," a look of resentment crossed his face, "and I imagine he'll want me to watch you on your mission and keep you out of trouble." Lizzy hardly had any time to process what he had just said before she was yanked to the docks.

"Gee, I don't even know your name!" Liz now realized that there was no escaping his uncomfortable grip, and she was just going to have to obey him. Besides, if he tried anything on her, she had her weapons and would make short work of him.

The man sighed dejectedly, knowing that there was no release from her flood of questions. He might as well answer the few that he was allowed to. "My name is William Fitzhurbert." Was all he said. William shoved her onto his Marleybonian ship and before she knew what was happening, Lizzy found herself tied in rope, enabling her immobile. Just as quickly, she found her rapier and dagger thrown to the other side of the ship. "You'll get your equipment back soon enough, but for now we can't have any accidents."

Lizzy bowed her head, feeling defeated. Things had gone downhill for her so quickly, just by travelling to Marleybone for the first time since she was a little girl and her parents were still alive. She was roughly thrown into a chair behind William as he steered his ship away, and as soon as he wasn't looking, Lizzy started fumbling with the ropes.

"Well, Billy-"

"Don't call me Billy."

"Alright, Will, I was-"

"The name's William, get it right!"

Lizzy sighed. This guy had no toleration for even mild humor. "You're a stick in the mud, you know that, right?"

"So Captain Jones has told me."

"Well, he's right." Lizzy was almost done escaping. Now, if only she could make her hands small enough to wriggle out of the final, tight loop. This was the most crucial stage and she could not allow Mr. Billy over there to mess it up for her. She had to keep distracting him. "You know, I've got several friends here in Marleybone that will wonder why I'm missing and they'll come and rescue me."

"No you don't." Replied William. He encouraged no other conversation. Well, he was right. She only had one friend and that was Heather Thompson, a sniper/trader. She probably wouldn't be able to do much against William the Buccaneer.

"You should really learn how to tie better knots!" Lizzy leaped onto his shoulders, using them as leverage, flipped onto the main deck, picked up her weapons, and took her fencer's position while she waited for the inevitable attack from the buccaneer William.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Unperturbed, he only grinned and took his large, double-sided spear from its place at his back and pointed it in the direction of Lizzy. "You've got moxie. I like that. Now, if only you'd stop being such a baby and come and help Captain Jones, we could get this done more quickly!" He spun around and lunged his spear at her, which she easily leaped up over William and landing behind him, making him waste time and energy to turn around and swish his spear at her again. Once more, she easily leaped out of its way and landed elegantly on the deck behind him.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that!" Lizzy dodged and weaved away from all of William's attacks, but she was never given the chance to attack him. Finally, in a desperate attempt to end the fight that could last forever, as she back-flipped over him, Lizzy jabbed the handle of her dagger into the fleshy part of William's left shoulder. With a crash, William fell over, sprawled, and his spear spun towards the edge of the ship. "I'm not going to give you control of your body until you tell me exactly what is going on." Lizzy crouched down over William, her face opposing his.

He sighed again. "Fine." He said. Lizzy watched William's arm muscles ripple as he tried to move, but couldn't for some reason. "Captain Jones wants me to bring you to him so that he can pass Gracie Conrad to you. He wants you to get her in and out of Beachhead safely, so that she can enjoy her adventure without being in any danger.

Lizzy stood up. "Gracie?" She asked the air, remembering the name of the old friend of hers. Yep, it seemed like good old Gracie Conrad to want to go to the heart of an armada base in the Marleybonian skyway. "Fine." Lizzy tapped first William's forehead, then his cheekbones, then his chin, and then he could move again. William didn't know what kinda magic she had used, but he shrugged it off, retrieved his spear, and directed the ship back on course.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
OOC: Well, Nicholas, you've certainly gotten the replies that you wanted. Your move.

~Elizabeth, level 52 ~

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
505
Prince Jacob Freeman: Umm ... is there any chance that someone unexpected took away Lizzy; assassinator of the Crown?
Princess Vanessa: Well yes. A person named Will is gonna to attack Beachhead with her and Gracie Conrad.
Prince Jacob Freeman: I WANT ALL THE MARLEYBONIAN SHIPS to go to BEACHHEAD! NOW!
Princess Vannesa: Okay. *text chats Samuel Drake
Samuel Drake: Hello Queen of Marleybone. What is thy reason you call me on tis important day.
Princess Vannesa: I want all thee ships to go to Beachhead now.
Samuel Drake: On it!
*a few minutes later and the ships start going to Beachhead

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Unperturbed, he only grinned and took his large, double-sided spear from its place at his back and pointed it in the direction of Lizzy. "You've got moxie. I like that. Now, if only you'd stop being such a baby and come and help Captain Jones, we could get this done more quickly!" He spun around and lunged his spear at her, which she easily leaped up over William and landing behind him, making him waste time and energy to turn around and swish his spear at her again. Once more, she easily leaped out of its way and landed elegantly on the deck behind him.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that!" Lizzy dodged and weaved away from all of William's attacks, but she was never given the chance to attack him. Finally, in a desperate attempt to end the fight that could last forever, as she back-flipped over him, Lizzy jabbed the handle of her dagger into the fleshy part of William's left shoulder. With a crash, William fell over, sprawled, and his spear spun towards the edge of the ship. "I'm not going to give you control of your body until you tell me exactly what is going on." Lizzy crouched down over William, her face opposing his.

He sighed again. "Fine." He said. Lizzy watched William's arm muscles ripple as he tried to move, but couldn't for some reason. "Captain Jones wants me to bring you to him so that he can pass Gracie Conrad to you. He wants you to get her in and out of Beachhead safely, so that she can enjoy her adventure without being in any danger.

Lizzy stood up. "Gracie?" She asked the air, remembering the name of the old friend of hers. Yep, it seemed like good old Gracie Conrad to want to go to the heart of an armada base in the Marleybonian skyway. "Fine." Lizzy tapped first William's forehead, then his cheekbones, then his chin, and then he could move again. William didn't know what kinda magic she had used, but he shrugged it off, retrieved his spear, and directed the ship back on course.
Emma stood near where William and Lizzy were on the ship- uh, the mast to summarize. The blonde DEFINITELY had changed quite a bit since Lizzy had last seen her- the Musketeer's left eye was shrouded by a pure black mask that had no eye opening whatsoever, and curved around her nose and mouth. A black ribbon was woven through a few strands of her hair and tied in a ribbon. What was most noticeable about this Musketeer was her jacket- a pure black jacket with a low hanging collar that had crisscrossed black ties over it, tails in the front that reached her knees and near floor reaching ones in the back. Her black skirt was short and overlapped violet shorts, and she wore grey leggings of sorts paired with black leather boots. Two pistols and two rapiers were attached to her double belts, and a sniper was attached to her back. But what stood out more than anything were the thick, almost skeletal looking violet hued claws fixed to her hands.

"Lizzy..?" Emma mused as she studied the Swashbuckler. "It's been a while since I saw her..." The Musketeer yelled down for the heck of it. "Lizzy!!"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Emma stood near where William and Lizzy were on the ship- uh, the mast to summarize. The blonde DEFINITELY had changed quite a bit since Lizzy had last seen her- the Musketeer's left eye was shrouded by a pure black mask that had no eye opening whatsoever, and curved around her nose and mouth. A black ribbon was woven through a few strands of her hair and tied in a ribbon. What was most noticeable about this Musketeer was her jacket- a pure black jacket with a low hanging collar that had crisscrossed black ties over it, tails in the front that reached her knees and near floor reaching ones in the back. Her black skirt was short and overlapped violet shorts, and she wore grey leggings of sorts paired with black leather boots. Two pistols and two rapiers were attached to her double belts, and a sniper was attached to her back. But what stood out more than anything were the thick, almost skeletal looking violet hued claws fixed to her hands.

"Lizzy..?" Emma mused as she studied the Swashbuckler. "It's been a while since I saw her..." The Musketeer yelled down for the heck of it. "Lizzy!!"
"Ahh!" Lizzy lost her balance from the surprise and crashed onto the deck, facing the Marleybonian sky and a shrouded black figure at the mast. She recognized that voice, but didn't recognize the person it belonged to. Then her face lit up as she realized who it was. "Emma!" She cried with joy, leaping up and tackling Emma into a bear hug. "Long time no see! How's life been for you?"

And then she noticed what Emma was wearing, and those wicked looking claws glinting in the starlight. "Emma... what happened to you?"

"You know her?" William asked, a barely concealed surprised look on his face sparking.

"Yes, I know her." Lizzy retorted. "Not all of life revolves around your little bubble, Liam. Emma is a dear friend of mine, one that will stay by my side through thick and thin." Well, the Emma that I knew before would.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
"Ahh!" Lizzy lost her balance from the surprise and crashed onto the deck, facing the Marleybonian sky and a shrouded black figure at the mast. She recognized that voice, but didn't recognize the person it belonged to. Then her face lit up as she realized who it was. "Emma!" She cried with joy, leaping up and tackling Emma into a bear hug. "Long time no see! How's life been for you?"

And then she noticed what Emma was wearing, and those wicked looking claws glinting in the starlight. "Emma... what happened to you?"

"You know her?" William asked, a barely concealed surprised look on his face sparking.

"Yes, I know her." Lizzy retorted. "Not all of life revolves around your little bubble, Liam. Emma is a dear friend of mine, one that will stay by my side through thick and thin." Well, the Emma that I knew before would.
"Heh, Lizzy, y'all are too kind..." Emma grinned sheepishly. "Well, if it ain't noticeable, I went temporarily blind in this eye-" she gestured to the masked side of her face. "-and I had to make these from scratch because long story short, stuff happened." She pointed at the claws attached to her hands. She briefly placed one hand over her wrist, which led to the claws retracting. "Just a weapon."

Emma may have changed appearance-wise, but it was as opaque as glass that she was still the same Emma heart-wise. A smirk appeared on her face,

"Oh yea, who's ya friend?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
"Heh, Lizzy, y'all are too kind..." Emma grinned sheepishly. "Well, if it ain't noticeable, I went temporarily blind in this eye-" she gestured to the masked side of her face. "-and I had to make these from scratch because long story short, stuff happened." She pointed at the claws attached to her hands. She briefly placed one hand over her wrist, which led to the claws retracting. "Just a weapon."

Emma may have changed appearance-wise, but it was as opaque as glass that she was still the same Emma heart-wise. A smirk appeared on her face,

"Oh yea, who's ya friend?"
OOC: This might appear twice, I don't know. I hit the 'submit' button before I was done and I'm writing the first part upon memory, the second part is what I forgot to add and I'm adding now.
~
"He's not my friend."

"We're not friends."

William and Lizzy spoke at the same time, then glared at each other. Lizzy turned back to Emma. "Sorry to hear about your eye, and cool weapons, by the way! About that dude," Elizabeth jabbed her thumb over her shoulder in William's direction, "He's no friend of mine. His name is William, I call him anything but William, and-" Lizzy began to raise her voice, "-He captured me against my will, tied me up, took my weapons away, and tried to fight me when I escaped all of this." Her voice grew louder to make sure that William heard, "He could have avoided any unpleasantness by just explaining to me what was going on." Lizzy sighed, her voice returning to normal. "Upon his Captain's request, he is taking me to Beachhead to ensure Gracie Conrad's safety. The more the merrier, right? Would you care to join us?"
~
While Lizzy was pointedly talking loudly, William was muttering inconsiderate things under his breath and between gritted teeth. "Stupid swashbucklers, always so dramatic. If it were another buccaneer we would have never had any problems." He continued to mumble like a grouch, then turned to Emma, once she felt her looking at him. Gosh, that girl's pretty. How is she friends with that pest of a swash? He snapped out of these thoughts that were, in his opinion, 'weak' and 'distracting to the mission' and turned back to steering the Marleybonian Galleon.

A large, foreboding metal armada station came into view, looking a lot like a salad utensil. William sighed. He, the pest, the pretty musketeer, and a dog engineer named Gracie Conrad were supposed to single-handedly take this entire armada station down, without getting killed. This was going to be a rough night. William ran his fingers through his messy, black, curly disheveled hair, suddenly becoming self-conscious about the way he looked. He stopped fretting when a thought entered his mind. What am I doing? I've never cared about the way I looked before! William clutched the wheel with fierceness and glared at the clockwork station, plotting to take out all of his confusion and anger on the armada. Nothing would get in the way of his revenge.
~
OOC: I really enjoy the name 'William'. ^_^ I feel it describes this character fairly accurately, because this name means 'will' and 'helmet', for William has a strong will and he's a buccaneer, in which case he uses a helmet. Also, I've never really said what Will looks like. He's got coffee brown skin and caramel brown eyes, along with disheveled black hair that resembles a black Komondor's coat. (the dogs that look like mops) The only difference is that his hair is more fluffy and hair-like than mop fur. He wears an armada marine's outfit and uses a large spear like Jack, and he wears his shaggy hair free.

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
60
friend? oh yes you see we're on a secret service mission to pass Gracie Conrad in and out of beachhead with no bruise at all, hard job includes fighting bishop. the blonde musketeer stared in the winds. ah I see now I'll join. great we could use much help, well Sarah has a little scratch on her cheek from a cat a little while ago a hook tied with a rope got in the wooden floor clockworks filled the ship oh no the ship I knew this was a bad idea grace. confound the clockworks stick to the mission who's scared of some little clockworks a giant clockwork steps behind Grace. uh grace we have a visitor. grace looked behind her and fainted. grab some water! William said as he was about to see but then crashed into a lighthouse island. this is not beachhead although it has a beach grace is still on the floor of the ship. the floor rumbles and caves in to the lower level. hey we're trapped Emma said when she banged on the floor on top of grace and Liz how do we get out Liz said squished, grace is still not up cold water please Emma tried to band the lock with Gracie's wrench not working

hope to see y'all in the skyways check my Aquila role play number I romantic Nicholas jones level 62 swashbuckler

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: This might appear twice, I don't know. I hit the 'submit' button before I was done and I'm writing the first part upon memory, the second part is what I forgot to add and I'm adding now.
~
"He's not my friend."

"We're not friends."

William and Lizzy spoke at the same time, then glared at each other. Lizzy turned back to Emma. "Sorry to hear about your eye, and cool weapons, by the way! About that dude," Elizabeth jabbed her thumb over her shoulder in William's direction, "He's no friend of mine. His name is William, I call him anything but William, and-" Lizzy began to raise her voice, "-He captured me against my will, tied me up, took my weapons away, and tried to fight me when I escaped all of this." Her voice grew louder to make sure that William heard, "He could have avoided any unpleasantness by just explaining to me what was going on." Lizzy sighed, her voice returning to normal. "Upon his Captain's request, he is taking me to Beachhead to ensure Gracie Conrad's safety. The more the merrier, right? Would you care to join us?"
~
While Lizzy was pointedly talking loudly, William was muttering inconsiderate things under his breath and between gritted teeth. "Stupid swashbucklers, always so dramatic. If it were another buccaneer we would have never had any problems." He continued to mumble like a grouch, then turned to Emma, once she felt her looking at him. Gosh, that girl's pretty. How is she friends with that pest of a swash? He snapped out of these thoughts that were, in his opinion, 'weak' and 'distracting to the mission' and turned back to steering the Marleybonian Galleon.

A large, foreboding metal armada station came into view, looking a lot like a salad utensil. William sighed. He, the pest, the pretty musketeer, and a dog engineer named Gracie Conrad were supposed to single-handedly take this entire armada station down, without getting killed. This was going to be a rough night. William ran his fingers through his messy, black, curly disheveled hair, suddenly becoming self-conscious about the way he looked. He stopped fretting when a thought entered his mind. What am I doing? I've never cared about the way I looked before! William clutched the wheel with fierceness and glared at the clockwork station, plotting to take out all of his confusion and anger on the armada. Nothing would get in the way of his revenge.
~
OOC: I really enjoy the name 'William'. ^_^ I feel it describes this character fairly accurately, because this name means 'will' and 'helmet', for William has a strong will and he's a buccaneer, in which case he uses a helmet. Also, I've never really said what Will looks like. He's got coffee brown skin and caramel brown eyes, along with disheveled black hair that resembles a black Komondor's coat. (the dogs that look like mops) The only difference is that his hair is more fluffy and hair-like than mop fur. He wears an armada marine's outfit and uses a large spear like Jack, and he wears his shaggy hair free.
"I see... Ain't that some way to introduce yourself." Emma stated, in a mix of nonchalant and confusion. "So, uh, Lizzy, could I talk to ya? I have some stuff you might need to catch up on." She looked nearly somber at her words. "It's quite important, judging as ya weren't there when it happened." The blonde led Lizzy to the opposite side of the ship and took a seat on the deck. "Did you hear about the war in the Spiral months ago? If so, then we're nearly on the same page. Well, there.... There was a really, really bad happening. The two tyrants who took over the Spiral for a short time ended up nearly destroying us all, and I set off an explosion to see if I could destroy them instead... Well, it was too minor. I ended up walking straight into the explosion to fuel it, I set off another bomb and threw something into the fires, and I haven't been seen by many since."

(OOC: Yes, all of this did happen in a separate Roleplay on central.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
"I see... Ain't that some way to introduce yourself." Emma stated, in a mix of nonchalant and confusion. "So, uh, Lizzy, could I talk to ya? I have some stuff you might need to catch up on." She looked nearly somber at her words. "It's quite important, judging as ya weren't there when it happened." The blonde led Lizzy to the opposite side of the ship and took a seat on the deck. "Did you hear about the war in the Spiral months ago? If so, then we're nearly on the same page. Well, there.... There was a really, really bad happening. The two tyrants who took over the Spiral for a short time ended up nearly destroying us all, and I set off an explosion to see if I could destroy them instead... Well, it was too minor. I ended up walking straight into the explosion to fuel it, I set off another bomb and threw something into the fires, and I haven't been seen by many since."

(OOC: Yes, all of this did happen in a separate Roleplay on central.)
Lizzy made an Ooooooh, I get it now... face and looked Emma in the eye. The good one. "So, what I'm understanding is, you're dead?"

Before Emma could answer, William walked up to them, looking genuinely sorry for intruding, then spoke. "We're here." He pointed up to a large armada station in the sky, a grave expression on his face.

Elizabeth turned to armada base and gawked at it. "Willow Dude, it looks like a salad utensil to you too, right?"

William clenched his fist and snarled at Lizzy, but kept his cool and responded with narrow eyes. "Yes, Beth, it does look like a salad utensil."

It was Lizzy's turn to be upset about being called the wrong name. She turned to him, glared at him, then walked forward, making him back up. With each word she spoke with emphasis, Lizzy poked William hard in the chest. "The name is Elizabeth, not Beth. Get it straight, Will."

Will glared right back at Lizzy, grabbing her wrists and preventing her from poking him anymore. He was getting sore. "I'll call you Elizabeth if you'll call me William, deal?"

Lizzy breathed shallowly, making no sound, thinking. "Fine." She said. She breathed a sigh of relief and her shoulders sagged. What was wrong with her, anyway? Why was she being so rude? Lizzy extended her hand to William, a new smile on her face as she returned completely to normal. "Let's try this again. My name is Elizabeth Tutor, and I am a swashbuckler from Grizzleheim. What about you?"

William looked at the hand warily, and shook it with caution. "My name is William Fitzhurbert, and I'm a buccaneer from Marleybone."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy made an Ooooooh, I get it now... face and looked Emma in the eye. The good one. "So, what I'm understanding is, you're dead?"

Before Emma could answer, William walked up to them, looking genuinely sorry for intruding, then spoke. "We're here." He pointed up to a large armada station in the sky, a grave expression on his face.

Elizabeth turned to armada base and gawked at it. "Willow Dude, it looks like a salad utensil to you too, right?"

William clenched his fist and snarled at Lizzy, but kept his cool and responded with narrow eyes. "Yes, Beth, it does look like a salad utensil."

It was Lizzy's turn to be upset about being called the wrong name. She turned to him, glared at him, then walked forward, making him back up. With each word she spoke with emphasis, Lizzy poked William hard in the chest. "The name is Elizabeth, not Beth. Get it straight, Will."

Will glared right back at Lizzy, grabbing her wrists and preventing her from poking him anymore. He was getting sore. "I'll call you Elizabeth if you'll call me William, deal?"

Lizzy breathed shallowly, making no sound, thinking. "Fine." She said. She breathed a sigh of relief and her shoulders sagged. What was wrong with her, anyway? Why was she being so rude? Lizzy extended her hand to William, a new smile on her face as she returned completely to normal. "Let's try this again. My name is Elizabeth Tutor, and I am a swashbuckler from Grizzleheim. What about you?"

William looked at the hand warily, and shook it with caution. "My name is William Fitzhurbert, and I'm a buccaneer from Marleybone."
Emma's eyes widened at Lizzy's comment. Her... Dead? "Not that I know of..." Emma laughingly responded. But another sense of uncertainty etched that false laughter. She was alive as she was, and she just wished she could reword herself. "I'm not dead, I've just been... Isolated." Which was the truth. The last time she saw Keira was months ago, but she had reassured her friend via a message sent by her sky snake that she was unharmed but needed time to recover from the wars. Those wars which she lost her identity to.

"Since we're doin' introductions... Emma Everhart. Musketeer of Cool Ranch, and Marleybone. Though I believe Lizzy here is familiar with me." She looked off to the side for a moment. "On a second thought, some might acknowledge me as General. Don't think much of it." The blonde laughed once more, but the falseness behind her tone was more visible. Even the dead could tell she was hiding something.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 23, 2013 wrote:
Emma's eyes widened at Lizzy's comment. Her... Dead? "Not that I know of..." Emma laughingly responded. But another sense of uncertainty etched that false laughter. She was alive as she was, and she just wished she could reword herself. "I'm not dead, I've just been... Isolated." Which was the truth. The last time she saw Keira was months ago, but she had reassured her friend via a message sent by her sky snake that she was unharmed but needed time to recover from the wars. Those wars which she lost her identity to.

"Since we're doin' introductions... Emma Everhart. Musketeer of Cool Ranch, and Marleybone. Though I believe Lizzy here is familiar with me." She looked off to the side for a moment. "On a second thought, some might acknowledge me as General. Don't think much of it." The blonde laughed once more, but the falseness behind her tone was more visible. Even the dead could tell she was hiding something.
OOC: Yeah, I guess that didn't come across very clearly. What Lizzy meant by asking if Emma was dead, she meant 'Not many people know that you're still alive, do they?'
~
Lizzy chuckled too, a little anxiously. What could Emma have to hide from her? She sighed. How could she have missed out on such a wonderful adventure? How could she have let Emma into an explosion? She been too involved in her studies to even notice the war!

William nodded in acknowledgement to Emma's introduction, murmured a barely audible but polite 'Pleased to meet you', then turned his now undivided attention on Beachhead. "We should go now." He docked his ship quickly at the armada base, leaped off, helped Emma off (leaving Lizzy to leap onto the hunk of gears herself), then walked over to a dog waiting in the shadows of a rather large gear. "Gracie Conrad." William said the name with a nod, shaking the dog's paw.
~
OOC: Emma, I know that you and Gracie Conrad are two peas in a pod, so would you mind too much using her character for me? I don't trust myself enough to accurately use anybody's character(s) but my own. As of right now, anyway...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Yeah, I guess that didn't come across very clearly. What Lizzy meant by asking if Emma was dead, she meant 'Not many people know that you're still alive, do they?'
~
Lizzy chuckled too, a little anxiously. What could Emma have to hide from her? She sighed. How could she have missed out on such a wonderful adventure? How could she have let Emma into an explosion? She been too involved in her studies to even notice the war!

William nodded in acknowledgement to Emma's introduction, murmured a barely audible but polite 'Pleased to meet you', then turned his now undivided attention on Beachhead. "We should go now." He docked his ship quickly at the armada base, leaped off, helped Emma off (leaving Lizzy to leap onto the hunk of gears herself), then walked over to a dog waiting in the shadows of a rather large gear. "Gracie Conrad." William said the name with a nod, shaking the dog's paw.
~
OOC: Emma, I know that you and Gracie Conrad are two peas in a pod, so would you mind too much using her character for me? I don't trust myself enough to accurately use anybody's character(s) but my own. As of right now, anyway...
OOC: I know what she meant, but Emma took it the wrong way is all. XD And definitely!

"Hello there! That's me. Pleased to make your acquaintances..." The terrier trailed off at the trio's names. "Well, I'm assuming your the help I was offered? Perfect!" The black dog's blue eyes brightly lit up. She was dressed in an appropriate fashion for an engineer- a blue newsboy cap, a white short sleeved shirt with a pair of goggles hanging around her neck, and a bright red wrench in hand. "As I believe you already know, I'm Gracie Conrad, Junior Engineer!"

"Gracie!" Emma perked up as she noticed her engineer friend. The blonde ran up and embraced Gracie in a means of jubilance- she hadn't seen her best friend from Marleybone, besides Bonnie, in a while.

"Well, this is certainly a lovely surprise," Gracie's voice was in a light Marleybonen accent, and she definitely did sound cheerful. "Good to see you again, Emma. Now, any of you ever heard of gelignite, besides Emma here?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I know what she meant, but Emma took it the wrong way is all. XD And definitely!

"Hello there! That's me. Pleased to make your acquaintances..." The terrier trailed off at the trio's names. "Well, I'm assuming your the help I was offered? Perfect!" The black dog's blue eyes brightly lit up. She was dressed in an appropriate fashion for an engineer- a blue newsboy cap, a white short sleeved shirt with a pair of goggles hanging around her neck, and a bright red wrench in hand. "As I believe you already know, I'm Gracie Conrad, Junior Engineer!"

"Gracie!" Emma perked up as she noticed her engineer friend. The blonde ran up and embraced Gracie in a means of jubilance- she hadn't seen her best friend from Marleybone, besides Bonnie, in a while.

"Well, this is certainly a lovely surprise," Gracie's voice was in a light Marleybonen accent, and she definitely did sound cheerful. "Good to see you again, Emma. Now, any of you ever heard of gelignite, besides Emma here?"
Lizzy gave the dog a blank face. As everything seemed to (it seems she's read about everything), gelignite sounded familiar. Using context clues as she always loved to, she recalled the way Emma had used the word in the past, then her blank face turned into a smile. "Isn't that an explosive powder?"

William nodded. "Aye, the royal navy has used it many times in the past." he chuckled. "It's got a lot of kick to it, I can tell you that."

Liz turned around and look at William curiously. "You seem to know a lot about the navy. Did you ever serve there? If you did, did you ever hear about a Captain named Warwick Orleans?"

He gave her a puzzled look. How did she know about Captain Warwick Orleans? "Yes." He said with a nod, addressing both questions, but he encouraged no other conversation. Lizzy turned back around dejectedly, but didn't mention it again and looked forward to what else this dog engineer was going to say about explosives.

OOC: Hey Emma, I've been thinking about a Halloween costume a lot, and I like the idea of a Masked Belle (thanks for the idea, Anne!). Thus I've been checking out images online of different masks, and I found one that has no hole for the left eye. Sound like something Emma's wearing to you?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy gave the dog a blank face. As everything seemed to (it seems she's read about everything), gelignite sounded familiar. Using context clues as she always loved to, she recalled the way Emma had used the word in the past, then her blank face turned into a smile. "Isn't that an explosive powder?"

William nodded. "Aye, the royal navy has used it many times in the past." he chuckled. "It's got a lot of kick to it, I can tell you that."

Liz turned around and look at William curiously. "You seem to know a lot about the navy. Did you ever serve there? If you did, did you ever hear about a Captain named Warwick Orleans?"

He gave her a puzzled look. How did she know about Captain Warwick Orleans? "Yes." He said with a nod, addressing both questions, but he encouraged no other conversation. Lizzy turned back around dejectedly, but didn't mention it again and looked forward to what else this dog engineer was going to say about explosives.

OOC: Hey Emma, I've been thinking about a Halloween costume a lot, and I like the idea of a Masked Belle (thanks for the idea, Anne!). Thus I've been checking out images online of different masks, and I found one that has no hole for the left eye. Sound like something Emma's wearing to you?
"Explosive powder, yes indeed. It is nearly up to the power of Naptha, though if I'm correct, Naptha is far more flammable than Gelignite and cannot be set off by a surge of electricity. Gelignite is highly explosive, and I believe we have enough to take down the whole works!" The engineer seemed excited about this. She patted the crates of gelignite, VERY gently, not wanting to set it off with a sudden bump. "I'm sure each of us has some knowledge of Armada tech, if I'm correct. As we know, they use scientific methods at various points in their constructions- gears seeming to be their prior use of technology. Upon a brief glance inside Beachhead, I have discovered they're using hydraulics for this construction. They forgot one crucial component to the 'pinnacle of Armada Artistry' though..." Gracie's voice mocked Bishop in a raspy voice that surprisingly matched the clockwork mage's. "They forgot the pressure compensator!"

"No wonder clockworks have no brains." Emma laughed as if it were obvious.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy gave the dog a blank face. As everything seemed to (it seems she's read about everything), gelignite sounded familiar. Using context clues as she always loved to, she recalled the way Emma had used the word in the past, then her blank face turned into a smile. "Isn't that an explosive powder?"

William nodded. "Aye, the royal navy has used it many times in the past." he chuckled. "It's got a lot of kick to it, I can tell you that."

Liz turned around and look at William curiously. "You seem to know a lot about the navy. Did you ever serve there? If you did, did you ever hear about a Captain named Warwick Orleans?"

He gave her a puzzled look. How did she know about Captain Warwick Orleans? "Yes." He said with a nod, addressing both questions, but he encouraged no other conversation. Lizzy turned back around dejectedly, but didn't mention it again and looked forward to what else this dog engineer was going to say about explosives.

OOC: Hey Emma, I've been thinking about a Halloween costume a lot, and I like the idea of a Masked Belle (thanks for the idea, Anne!). Thus I've been checking out images online of different masks, and I found one that has no hole for the left eye. Sound like something Emma's wearing to you?
OOC: And to answer your question, probably remotely. It's sort of a half mask- the other side of her face is completely normal, while the other is shrouded. And I think you'd look cute in a costume like that! Personally, I've had my own costume ready for two months... A blood covered nurse costume, with fake blood of course!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
"Explosive powder, yes indeed. It is nearly up to the power of Naptha, though if I'm correct, Naptha is far more flammable than Gelignite and cannot be set off by a surge of electricity. Gelignite is highly explosive, and I believe we have enough to take down the whole works!" The engineer seemed excited about this. She patted the crates of gelignite, VERY gently, not wanting to set it off with a sudden bump. "I'm sure each of us has some knowledge of Armada tech, if I'm correct. As we know, they use scientific methods at various points in their constructions- gears seeming to be their prior use of technology. Upon a brief glance inside Beachhead, I have discovered they're using hydraulics for this construction. They forgot one crucial component to the 'pinnacle of Armada Artistry' though..." Gracie's voice mocked Bishop in a raspy voice that surprisingly matched the clockwork mage's. "They forgot the pressure compensator!"

"No wonder clockworks have no brains." Emma laughed as if it were obvious.
William, upon seeing Emma laugh (even though he didn't think it was very funny) laughed too. It was an awkward laugh, and his face didn't seem to know how to smile, so it was really more of a grimace than anything else. When the others looked to him like 'what in the world?' he blushed, then immediately turned serious once again. "So we've got to go to the very heart of an armada base camp crawling with clockworks, blow up the gears on the inside, and get out of there with our hides still intact?" He shook his head. "Not likely. But... worth a shot."

Lizzy, meanwhile, didn't really know what to think. Her happy, optimistic attitude told her to be proud of being apart of such an important mission, but the sad side of her, the side that grew up like a weed when her parents died, encouraged her to back out of it and live for another day. As usual, her optimistic side one over. Lizzy nodded as if coming to a decision. "Let's do this!" Famous final words. Lizzy dove into the throng of clockworks, dodging them like they were toxic, and made it to huge metal doors that led to the heart of Beachhead without an incident, although many many many clockworks marched after her. "Are you guys coming or what?" she called.

William shook his head, shrugged apologetically to Emma and Gracie, then jogged after Lizzy.

1