Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marco Pollo's Map- recap

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We know that Marco Pollo's expedition had 7 pirates and that to save his map from unscrupulous pirates Pollo tore it into 7 pieces, each piece given to one of his crew members WARNING: spoilers

1. Marco Pollo, his piece was taken from his tomb by the Armada
2.Christopher Clark, his navigator; we find his piece in Cool Ranch ( Meriweather is his son )
3. Egg Fu Yung, his piece is in MooShu, the Armada beats us to it
4.Catbeard's piece, turns out we already had it ( we found it in Captain Blood's Treasure )
5. Argo's piece, we get it in Aquila

So that's it, the Armada has two pieces, we have three, two remain to be found:

6. Erika the Red ( where is she & is she still alive? )
7. Our mother's piece.

All pieces of the map must be united for it to be of use.

On checking to see what else was written on this subject I found an interesting post from Ordeith dated March 24 2014 and titled I decoded part of Marco Pollo's Map! take a look at it, I'm surprised no one commented or 'Yarred" it ( perhaps it was posted late on a weekend and no one saw it. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
We know that Marco Pollo's expedition had 7 pirates and that to save his map from unscrupulous pirates Pollo tore it into 7 pieces, each piece given to one of his crew members WARNING: spoilers

2.Christopher Clark, his navigator; we find his piece in Cool Ranch ( Meriweather is his son )
4.Catbeard's piece, turns out we already had it ( we found it in Captain Blood's Treasure )

7. Our mother's piece.

On checking to see what else was written on this subject I found an interesting post from Ordeith dated March 24 2014 and titled I decoded part of Marco Pollo's Map! take a look at it, I'm surprised no one commented or 'Yarred" it ( perhaps it was posted late on a weekend and no one saw it. )
WOW how did I miss that? I wonder what that DOES mean? Kudos Ordeith for figuring that out. That is some fantastic sleuthing skills

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Esperanza, just wanted to provide a link to Ordeith's thread and post for your, yet another, thought provoking thread. I certainly missed Ordeith's thread the first go round, and I must say that it is pretty darn Kewl!

"East to the blue sun. When the stars align, the moon is key."

Hmm, this is very, very intriguing.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Hmm...I would just like to say,that because we can't link directly to Sheldon's blog(at least,I don't think we can) that people on Central can check this thread out.

The Sun stands at the center of our solar system, just like Valencia does in many maps around the Spiral. The Bruno Chapel and the Marleybonean War Room, for instance, have examples of Sky Charts with Valencia in the center (further discussed in Part 2). On Marco Pollo’s map, Valencia is the biggest world (besides El Dorado) and is blue. Additionally, its symbol is an “S” rather than a “V” or a Unicorn, which is the first letter of “Sun”. Therefore, according to Marco Pollo, Valencia seems to represent the “Blue Sun”. Now, what is to the East of Valencia?

This is a piece of it,the one that talks about the sun,in particular.Although,Sheldon's analysis was nonetheless admirable.Even to the point of catching Mew's attention,and the old cat said that some stuff is accurate,and some of it isn't(in his usual teasing manner) and that Sheldon's prediction is not taking into account something that has yet to come,that will play a big role...

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
Hi Esperanza, just wanted to provide a link to Ordeith's thread and post for your, yet another, thought provoking thread. I certainly missed Ordeith's thread the first go round, and I must say that it is pretty darn Kewl!

"East to the blue sun. When the stars align, the moon is key."

Hmm, this is very, very intriguing.
I just realized! In the Marleybone puppet show, Bishop is shown with a machine holding one of the gold disks from the Aztecosaur temples, and once he presses a button, the gold disk moves and locks into place once the machine stops. Bishop is trying to figure out which alignment of stars will happen when Marco Pollo describes the time it will happen! Once they have the proper alignment decoded and the proper time, the Armada will know where the Stormgate to El Dorado opens up and how long it will stay open! By doing this, this will allow them to find ANY Stormgate to El Dorado, and go do El Dorado at any time!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:

7. Our mother's piece.

Quick correction on Catbeard's piece for you, my comrade. Catbeard's piece was lost to Captain Gunn in a gamble. The map piece you find with the monkey chalice is Catbeard's piece, which he lost to Captain Gunn. Christopher Clark's piece is found with Captain Blood's treasure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
Quick correction on Catbeard's piece for you, my comrade. Catbeard's piece was lost to Captain Gunn in a gamble. The map piece you find with the monkey chalice is Catbeard's piece, which he lost to Captain Gunn. Christopher Clark's piece is found with Captain Blood's treasure.
I was trying to avoid spoilers in my recap, nothing I said in my recap was incorrect.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
Oops good catch there I meant to say Gunn, not Blood! ( Too many pirate Captains! )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The fates of Marco Pollo's crew as known:
The deceased -
1. Marco Pollo
2. Christopher Clark
3. Our mother ( by various methods )

The living -
1. Catbeard
2. Egg Fu Yung
3. Argos

Fate unknown -
Erika the Red: I hope we find her alive and surrounded by her children and grandchildren. Also rich and prosperous and willing to help us. I also hope that she hasn't lost or gambled away her map piece,

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
What bugs the heck out of me though is this: WHY haven't we talked to the survivors about the other members, our mother included, or facts about El Dorado?! Privateers actually get 2 of Pollo's original members, Catbeard and Argos!! And Egg Fu Yung is still alive, as well as the head of a major organization. Can't we just get them all together and say, "Hey, you probably don't remember me, but I was the kid to the woman that was on your crew to El Dorado. Also, anything you can tell us about Erika the Red and El Dorado itself?" They were RIGHT there, they STILL are, and we couldn't ask them anything?? They could be a major help in finding the truth in this major quest. I just hope we get to do that when it's most fitting or opportune in future updates.