Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

March 2019 KI Live Questions and Tips

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I didn't add here the questions and tips forum thread for you all for this month's show, but now here it is!

Apologies for the rush, but please get your Qs and Tips in as a reply here by end of today.

KI Live is tomorrow, March 28th at 4pm CT at www.twitch.tv/kingsisleentertainment

Thanks all!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1774
You can train your Pets or collect from Companion on tasks while your ship is sailing in the windlanes - just be careful if there's a sharp turn you'll need to steer for.


{still no ship emoji?}

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
YARRR! Thanks for this, Bat!

Gameplay Tip: Never restrict your battles to always have your "Top 3" Companions. Be more flexible and change up your team to best deal with the situation the battle poses. That way, you will have victory!

Question: What inspired the Turret bosses scattered around the Skyways, and can we expect any more of them in future skys?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
699
Bat Masterson on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
I didn't add here the questions and tips forum thread for you all for this month's show, but now here it is!

Apologies for the rush, but please get your Qs and Tips in as a reply here by end of today.

KI Live is tomorrow, March 28th at 4pm CT at www.twitch.tv/kingsisleentertainment

Thanks all!
Would it be possible to make an Easter / Spring themed companion that we can buy in the Crown Shop next month?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
Just before you go up a level, use as much Energy you can to train Pets (and do other things when they become available) since your Energy is fully restored when you go up a level. You can check how much experience you need by hovering the cursor over the Level bar. Then check how much Experience each quest can give you by hovering the cursor over the Experience Scroll in the Quest Journal window. Also, remember you do gain some Experience from fights and Naval battles.

Good Luck!

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
132
Question: Which house from each game we’re your absolute favorites in the contest?
Gameplay tip: Make sure to use a weapon connected to your main stat so you can critical more often. Swashbucklers and Musketeers are boosted by agility, Buccaneers are boosted by strength, and Privateers and Witchdoctors are boosted by will.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1416
Questing with friends can be helpful with more than just fights. It can help you get around the Spiral to quests faster. One of you can leave a mark at a quest giver, the other can mark in the questing zone when you get there. It really helps on those quests where you turn it in, and the giver then sends you back where you'd just returned from. Marking locations is really handy.

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
Lookit Light on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
YARRR! Thanks for this, Bat!

Gameplay Tip: Never restrict your battles to always have your "Top 3" Companions. Be more flexible and change up your team to best deal with the situation the battle poses. That way, you will have victory!

Question: What inspired the Turret bosses scattered around the Skyways, and can we expect any more of them in future skys?
..... ahem.... .... beep, clack... Good golly wolly, MY QUESTION GOT ANSWERED!!!

Thank you so much for this, Bat! Amazing! I wasn't expecting this!!! Extraordinary! And many other things! I'm going all excited right now! My happy moment!

Okay, slow down... catch up.... THANK YOU SO MUCH KINGSISLE!

Everyone here, look out for a Building Lesser Companions MARATHON SPECIAL!

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
Just wanted to say again, thank you for answering my question, and my Wizard gameplay tip! FYI, by some remarkable happenstance, my birthday's coming up, so this is quite the present! Wow!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1405
Lookit Light on Mar 31, 2019 wrote:
Just wanted to say again, thank you for answering my question, and my Wizard gameplay tip! FYI, by some remarkable happenstance, my birthday's coming up, so this is quite the present! Wow!
Happy (early?) birthday! And epic congratulations to you on getting your question answered and your tip featured.

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 1, 2019 wrote:
Happy (early?) birthday! And epic congratulations to you on getting your question answered and your tip featured.
Nice of you to say that. This is why I love this game, a caring community and a listening management!

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1416
Questions: Has Bat Masterson played far enough into Pirate to meet his namesake in Cool Ranch? Why did he select Bat as his alter ego?

Tips: If you train 3 levels of a talent, it tends to add a nice bonus to the use of that talent. It could be things like extra damage, extra dodge, chance to stun an enemy when you hit them, reduce enemy's accuracy, nice things.

You don't need to spend all your gold on tomes to keep your crew at the same level as your pirate. The closer they get to your level, the more tomes it costs to raise them that last bit. Near your level is usually good enough. If you let a crewman fall way behind you, just one tome might jump that crewman up several levels.

Crewmen that are a different class than you can be very useful against enemies that are tough for your own class. A melee class crewman might work to keep enemies away from ranged players. A melee pirate can get back up from ranged crew. When they get higher levels of talents, some of their attacks might put effects on the enemy that make your own attacks more effective, different things from what you and same class crew have.

First Mate
Feb 12, 2015
488
Calamity Finch on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Questions: Has Bat Masterson played far enough into Pirate to meet his namesake in Cool Ranch? Why did he select Bat as his alter ego?

Tips: If you train 3 levels of a talent, it tends to add a nice bonus to the use of that talent. It could be things like extra damage, extra dodge, chance to stun an enemy when you hit them, reduce enemy's accuracy, nice things.

You don't need to spend all your gold on tomes to keep your crew at the same level as your pirate. The closer they get to your level, the more tomes it costs to raise them that last bit. Near your level is usually good enough. If you let a crewman fall way behind you, just one tome might jump that crewman up several levels.

Crewmen that are a different class than you can be very useful against enemies that are tough for your own class. A melee class crewman might work to keep enemies away from ranged players. A melee pirate can get back up from ranged crew. When they get higher levels of talents, some of their attacks might put effects on the enemy that make your own attacks more effective, different things from what you and same class crew have.
Calamity Finch, you do realize that KI Live was a week ago, right?