Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Majordomo? Gortez? THE MONQUISITION?!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
STAND TO AND MAKE ACCOUNT OF YOURSELF, FELLOW PIRATES!
At ease.

Captain Owen here! I have requested that the owner of this strange computation device give me the privilege to speak my mind and give my own two doubloons on the Spiral around us. My journeys in the past few months [months, weeks, maybe days I don't know; time seems to pass oddly here, yet nobody notices] have brought me to many exotic and fantastical realms that I never dare dream of visiting.. until I was introduced to my.. ahem.. SHIP and given the ability to make my own adventure. With my trusty crew by my side and my shield and sword, I have journeyed to beautiful places. However.. in more than a few, it has been revealed that these places are not so perfect as they seem, especially when it comes to governance. From the ruthless monarchy of Monquista, to the corrupt regime of the Frogerales in Santo Pollo or the Emperor's sickness and black-hearted General of Mooshu, something is definitely wrong. I am noticing a trend that none of my pirate bretheren are noticing; tragedy has struck in many different places in such a short time span! But why? Is there some sort of secret society we are unaware of?! Today I will be focusing on the one realm that fills me with the most dread, curiosity, and insecurity about my stature: Monquista. So, to begin, does anybody think there might be something.. suspicious going on behind the scenes of Monquistan politics? And I'm not just talking about the usual daily shift of one governor or queen to the next, or the unexpected Holy Monquisition. I have not personally run into them, but my friend and his guinea pig guard tell me they are quite good at showing up at the most unexpected of times. Anyways, the only answer to all of these strange occurrences is A SECRET SOCIETY OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE PLOTTING TO DOMINATE THE SPIRAL! Among these members are Kane the Clockwork King, General Tso, Santa Rana, Lo Pan, Majordomo [their personal secretary], and Gortez [who cracked under the pressure and eventually defected to the Opposition] and possibly more! So rise up, my bretheren! RISE UP AND TAKE BACK THE SP- *The needless rambling continues for another half-hour*

Bonnie: Or it could just be absolutely NOTHING ya big oaf..

Ratbeard: *Twirls his fingers in a "crazy" sign* Has the cap'n been sleepin' enough lately?

Emmett: I do say, I believe I heard a strange ruckus in the War Room last night..

El Toro: I hope our Captain is alright. Perhaps he just needs-

Hawkules: My father Zeus to heal his poor mind! He can do that stuff, he's a god!

El Toro: NOBODY ASKED YOU!

(Hey guys, this wasn't meant to be a Roleplay or anything, I was just trying something new :P I promise my character isn't THIS rude or weird. Anyways, the ACTUAL question is what you guys thought of Monquista when you first went there, and the odd politics? Have a fantastic week!)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Conspiracy Theorist [just messing]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 27, 2015 wrote:
STAND TO AND MAKE ACCOUNT OF YOURSELF, FELLOW PIRATES!
At ease.

Captain Owen here! I have requested that the owner of this strange computation device give me the privilege to speak my mind and give my own two doubloons on the Spiral around us. My journeys in the past few months [months, weeks, maybe days I don't know; time seems to pass oddly here, yet nobody notices] have brought me to many exotic and fantastical realms that I never dare dream of visiting.. until I was introduced to my.. ahem.. SHIP and given the ability to make my own adventure. With my trusty crew by my side and my shield and sword, I have journeyed to beautiful places. However.. in more than a few, it has been revealed that these places are not so perfect as they seem, especially when it comes to governance. From the ruthless monarchy of Monquista, to the corrupt regime of the Frogerales in Santo Pollo or the Emperor's sickness and black-hearted General of Mooshu, something is definitely wrong. I am noticing a trend that none of my pirate bretheren are noticing; tragedy has struck in many different places in such a short time span! But why? Is there some sort of secret society we are unaware of?! Today I will be focusing on the one realm that fills me with the most dread, curiosity, and insecurity about my stature: Monquista. So, to begin, does anybody think there might be something.. suspicious going on behind the scenes of Monquistan politics? And I'm not just talking about the usual daily shift of one governor or queen to the next, or the unexpected Holy Monquisition. I have not personally run into them, but my friend and his guinea pig guard tell me they are quite good at showing up at the most unexpected of times. Anyways, the only answer to all of these strange occurrences is A SECRET SOCIETY OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE PLOTTING TO DOMINATE THE SPIRAL! Among these members are Kane the Clockwork King, General Tso, Santa Rana, Lo Pan, Majordomo [their personal secretary], and Gortez [who cracked under the pressure and eventually defected to the Opposition] and possibly more! So rise up, my bretheren! RISE UP AND TAKE BACK THE SP- *The needless rambling continues for another half-hour*

Bonnie: Or it could just be absolutely NOTHING ya big oaf..

Ratbeard: *Twirls his fingers in a "crazy" sign* Has the cap'n been sleepin' enough lately?

Emmett: I do say, I believe I heard a strange ruckus in the War Room last night..

El Toro: I hope our Captain is alright. Perhaps he just needs-

Hawkules: My father Zeus to heal his poor mind! He can do that stuff, he's a god!

El Toro: NOBODY ASKED YOU!

(Hey guys, this wasn't meant to be a Roleplay or anything, I was just trying something new :P I promise my character isn't THIS rude or weird. Anyways, the ACTUAL question is what you guys thought of Monquista when you first went there, and the odd politics? Have a fantastic week!)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Conspiracy Theorist [just messing]
Thanks for the giggles.
The Majordomo is an astute politician, by remaining in the background, he has managed to out- last several Puerto Mico Governors. Remember how he advices you on your journey to Monquista "When you reach the court, do not mention my name." This should tell you something about the slippery politics of Monquista.
There should be an improvement there soon as Gortez strikes me as an honorable Ape, Queen Eleanor though devious, seems also honorable.
What I want to know is: has Queen Anna and Queen Catherine been released from their place of exile?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the giggles.
The Majordomo is an astute politician, by remaining in the background, he has managed to out- last several Puerto Mico Governors. Remember how he advices you on your journey to Monquista "When you reach the court, do not mention my name." This should tell you something about the slippery politics of Monquista.
There should be an improvement there soon as Gortez strikes me as an honorable Ape, Queen Eleanor though devious, seems also honorable.
What I want to know is: has Queen Anna and Queen Catherine been released from their place of exile?
I hope Queen Anna and Catherine get out soon, so that the Queens may balance each other out a bit. I'm fairly certain that they will be released, seeing as the sudden change in governance (putting a true leader in charge instead of silly kings who were born into it) has brought a new era of Monquista forth. You're right. I feel like Gortez would help clean up the government a bit and create a steady infrastructure so that quarrels will not end in so much bloodshed, as the fall of La Mancha did. Majordomo is probably one of my favorite characters in Monquista besides Gortez because of his attitude. I'm guessing that if we do go back to Monquista, we might run into some Pizzaro-esque monquistador, but not as important as Gortez. I just hope that everything is going okay with Gortez. It seems the noble families are getting a bit restless..

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Captain of the Winged Immortal