Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lots of aliens!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Has anybody noticed that throughout the game an alien has been appearing? Its mostly in the puppet shows but KI wouldn't put the alien in so many times without it being deliberate. So this is just a theory but does the alien hint towards an expansion or something else? If anybody has a guess reply below!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Fearless Cole Arms... on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Has anybody noticed that throughout the game an alien has been appearing? Its mostly in the puppet shows but KI wouldn't put the alien in so many times without it being deliberate. So this is just a theory but does the alien hint towards an expansion or something else? If anybody has a guess reply below!
Have a look at (link edited out by Moderator . . . sorry, no outside linking to pictures)
Is the alien you are talking about the one on the left? Or the squid face thing on the right? (If the link didn't get through, the picture is from the Gortez puppet show where Bishop Hidalgo is talking about who made the ancient temples)

If you are talking about the one on the left, that is the only time I have seen that alien.
If you are talking about the squid faced fellow, he is Cthulhu, an elder god and Lovecraftian horror from the deep. He pops up in other puppet shows and I have been looking out for him (see the other pictures in my photo stream).

Community Leader
It would be a hilarious pop culture riff if we got to fight cthulhu at some point during the end game. They could call him something else, but we'd know

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Developer
It's important to distinguish between Cthulhu and gray alien! You missed something in the Captain Gunn and the Catbeard show.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
KiwiChickenz on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Have a look at (link edited out by Moderator . . . sorry, no outside linking to pictures)
Is the alien you are talking about the one on the left? Or the squid face thing on the right? (If the link didn't get through, the picture is from the Gortez puppet show where Bishop Hidalgo is talking about who made the ancient temples)

If you are talking about the one on the left, that is the only time I have seen that alien.
If you are talking about the squid faced fellow, he is Cthulhu, an elder god and Lovecraftian horror from the deep. He pops up in other puppet shows and I have been looking out for him (see the other pictures in my photo stream).
I have seen the alien in the history of Captain Gunn, when Captain Avery said, "Pirates went crazy for the stuff, and everybody else did, too." Is it the alien looking guy that flies up on a jet pack with a bottle of yum The words of Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
It would be a hilarious pop culture riff if we got to fight cthulhu at some point during the end game. They could call him something else, but we'd know
Or maybe in the main story you and your crew could have stumbled on a hole in a dungeon and fell in it and bonnie says to find a way out when you find your way out and chtulu comes in and you have to battle him

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011