Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Looks like plenty of revisions will be in order...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
With the newest update in Pirate101 going to Live, I think several pages on the Pirate101Central Wiki may need to be revised to accommodate the new changes that are quickly upon us, and that includes attack and weapon damage estimates for Companions, Pirates, stats, gear stats from enemy drops, vendors, etc., and all that.

If the Wiki Masters, and any new soon-to-be Wiki Master trainees of the P101Central Wiki are out there, you'd better get ready to go into overdrive on revising a lot of pages on the P101Central Wiki, because it's going to be a LONG journey for the lot of you. No joke.

From what I've seen and played on Test, and what's going to be into Live, plenty of revision work is upon you. Prepare yourself, Wiki Masters and newcomers!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
With the newest update in Pirate101 going to Live, I think several pages on the Pirate101Central Wiki may need to be revised to accommodate the new changes that are quickly upon us, and that includes attack and weapon damage estimates for Companions, Pirates, stats, gear stats from enemy drops, vendors, etc., and all that.

If the Wiki Masters, and any new soon-to-be Wiki Master trainees of the P101Central Wiki are out there, you'd better get ready to go into overdrive on revising a lot of pages on the P101Central Wiki, because it's going to be a LONG journey for the lot of you. No joke.

From what I've seen and played on Test, and what's going to be into Live, plenty of revision work is upon you. Prepare yourself, Wiki Masters and newcomers!
You are so right Trimond, there is a ton of new updating and editing that needs to take place in the wiki. It's going to be a long journey for sure. But here's the good news, even you can take part in that massive undertaking (which you may have already...if so thank you).

And that goes for all of us players and pirates out there. The wiki can't update itself and the wiki masters will surely have their hands and feet full. So it is up to all of us to chip in when, where and however we can. It only takes registering on Central, learning a few basic things for basic editing- which in my experiences, the wiki masters have been so incredibly helpful in answering questions and giving friendly instructions.

Those of us that play the game need to take it upon ourselves to help out with the wiki and thus help out each other. We can't all just use it to our liking and expect others to do the work for us. We all play the game and want to see what goodies are in the wiki that can aid our pirates' adventures throughout the Spiral. So, we should all chip in with the helping to provide that info to our fellow pirates.

And Trimond- we all fit the category of "soon-to-be Wiki Master trainees" if we choose to be one because we all can freely contribute if we take the time to do so and learn how.

There's a lot of work to be done, this is a fact, but the more players contributing....the sooner we all can start to reap the benefits of the near-future, newly updated wiki.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 12, 2014 wrote:
You are so right Trimond, there is a ton of new updating and editing that needs to take place in the wiki. It's going to be a long journey for sure. But here's the good news, even you can take part in that massive undertaking (which you may have already...if so thank you).

And that goes for all of us players and pirates out there. The wiki can't update itself and the wiki masters will surely have their hands and feet full. So it is up to all of us to chip in when, where and however we can. It only takes registering on Central, learning a few basic things for basic editing- which in my experiences, the wiki masters have been so incredibly helpful in answering questions and giving friendly instructions.

Those of us that play the game need to take it upon ourselves to help out with the wiki and thus help out each other. We can't all just use it to our liking and expect others to do the work for us. We all play the game and want to see what goodies are in the wiki that can aid our pirates' adventures throughout the Spiral. So, we should all chip in with the helping to provide that info to our fellow pirates.

And Trimond- we all fit the category of "soon-to-be Wiki Master trainees" if we choose to be one because we all can freely contribute if we take the time to do so and learn how.

There's a lot of work to be done, this is a fact, but the more players contributing....the sooner we all can start to reap the benefits of the near-future, newly updated wiki.
I'm flattered, but I'm not opted to register for that. I thought I would let anyone know what's upon them. Not everyone gets to partake in that, you know. Some chose to sit that out. I'm not sure if I'm up to that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
I'm flattered, but I'm not opted to register for that. I thought I would let anyone know what's upon them. Not everyone gets to partake in that, you know. Some chose to sit that out. I'm not sure if I'm up to that.
I 100% understand Trimond. Learning to update the wiki and contribute can be a little challenging and even intimidating at first. I was just a little curious as to whether you were choosing "to sit that out" because you can not register at all on Central or just simply from actually choosing not to register. Frankly, it's none of my business, so I completely understand if you choose not to answer and totally respect that.

The wiki and Central are free to create an account/username and you never even have to do anything on the forums at all, if you do not wish to. You can simply create an account and help edit the wiki. Some of the simpler contributions are equipping a piece of gear on your pirate, taking a screen shot, cropping the shot and then, when you log in to the wiki, you go to that item page (if one already exists), click on the missing image, upload your cropped image from the game, add a category (which is very easy once you learn 1 or 2 times), click save and..........voila, your pirate's stylish gear is now on display for all other pirates to view and admire.

Even creating a brand new item page is pretty easy once you get some instructions from the masters (or other contributors) and try it a time or two. I myself am nearing 900 edits/contributions (and that's by only doing it when I get the time and doesn't amount to much at all compared to the vastness of the wiki). I have not done any of the 'more advanced' stuff yet, but I hope to some day. There is a ton of basic editing that anyone is free to do that plays the game and has a wiki/central account (since it is a community wiki)- so much so that you would never have to mess with the more technical stuff. The wiki masters are great at handling all of that more advanced info/editing, but anyone out there is welcomed to help with the more basic editing.

I understand if you do not wish to or are not able to help. I was just throwing it out there as a reminder to others that the P101 wiki is not built by just 3 or 4 wiki masters alone- it is also built by the people that play the game....the Pirate101 Community.

As I stated, if you are not able to be on Central for whatever the reasons may be, then I fully and absolutely understand that it is not an option for you and others out there in the same situations. But for those that are members or allowed to be a member....why not help our fellow pirates out and give updating/editing the wiki a shot?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 13, 2014 wrote:
I 100% understand Trimond. Learning to update the wiki and contribute can be a little challenging and even intimidating at first. I was just a little curious as to whether you were choosing "to sit that out" because you can not register at all on Central or just simply from actually choosing not to register. Frankly, it's none of my business, so I completely understand if you choose not to answer and totally respect that.

The wiki and Central are free to create an account/username and you never even have to do anything on the forums at all, if you do not wish to. You can simply create an account and help edit the wiki. Some of the simpler contributions are equipping a piece of gear on your pirate, taking a screen shot, cropping the shot and then, when you log in to the wiki, you go to that item page (if one already exists), click on the missing image, upload your cropped image from the game, add a category (which is very easy once you learn 1 or 2 times), click save and..........voila, your pirate's stylish gear is now on display for all other pirates to view and admire.

Even creating a brand new item page is pretty easy once you get some instructions from the masters (or other contributors) and try it a time or two. I myself am nearing 900 edits/contributions (and that's by only doing it when I get the time and doesn't amount to much at all compared to the vastness of the wiki). I have not done any of the 'more advanced' stuff yet, but I hope to some day. There is a ton of basic editing that anyone is free to do that plays the game and has a wiki/central account (since it is a community wiki)- so much so that you would never have to mess with the more technical stuff. The wiki masters are great at handling all of that more advanced info/editing, but anyone out there is welcomed to help with the more basic editing.

I understand if you do not wish to or are not able to help. I was just throwing it out there as a reminder to others that the P101 wiki is not built by just 3 or 4 wiki masters alone- it is also built by the people that play the game....the Pirate101 Community.

As I stated, if you are not able to be on Central for whatever the reasons may be, then I fully and absolutely understand that it is not an option for you and others out there in the same situations. But for those that are members or allowed to be a member....why not help our fellow pirates out and give updating/editing the wiki a shot?
Well said Valkoor. It is indeed easy to learn to do. I was a little intimidated at first but it really is not that complicated. I have made my share of mistakes as I learned and even the Wiki Woopsie letters you get from the masters are always very friendly and ever so helpful. I learn more every time. They are beyond patient with my neverending questions and are eager to help anyone learn how as they know it will lessen their workload, well except for the correcting of errors but they they don't truly mind as a mistake corrected is another lesson learned and more expertise gained. Besides being a part of something so big and useful is kinda cool. A lot, doing a little, produces great things.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
These would seem to be the appropriate place to say "thanks" to all of the people who contribute to the Pirate wikis. So - THANKS.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on May 14, 2014 wrote:
These would seem to be the appropriate place to say "thanks" to all of the people who contribute to the Pirate wikis. So - THANKS.

-Indigo
I agree wholeheartedly Indigo, and thank you for the THANKS on behalf of all of us 'little contributors' and the grand wiki masters. Let's face it so many people would not have the great gear they have (and definitely not as quickly acquired it) if it wasn't for being able to look it up on the wiki and see which creature/boss drops the gear.

The wiki is an amazing source for all of us and I definitely am so grateful for all of those players/community members who continue to update and edit it and for the ones whom have done so in the past.

Amazing job Wiki Masters and Contributors!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly Indigo, and thank you for the THANKS on behalf of all of us 'little contributors' and the grand wiki masters. Let's face it so many people would not have the great gear they have (and definitely not as quickly acquired it) if it wasn't for being able to look it up on the wiki and see which creature/boss drops the gear.

The wiki is an amazing source for all of us and I definitely am so grateful for all of those players/community members who continue to update and edit it and for the ones whom have done so in the past.

Amazing job Wiki Masters and Contributors!
I see that progress is doing quite well on the P101 Central Wiki so far. Nice that it's getting up to date on the latest changes.

Although it is nice to see the P101 Central Wiki's progress is working well, I've yet to see the much of the new Skull Island expansion quests and selected revised quests from other worlds worked in. If anyone's been through the previous quests before they were extended greatly, you might as well go through them once again. There's plenty of quest goals and dialogue images that needs updating.

Plus, what has become of the old "retired" quests? Shouldn't there be a place for former quests that were in before changes were made, for instance, the former "three rats" quests? I know they weren't truly adventurous as we thought before they got extended very greatly, but shouldn't they be at least preserved for memories? I hope anyone hasn't forgotten about them... uh... not that I'm worried about it or anything, mind you. Just thought it would be a good idea to preserve them for memories. You understand this, right?

Other than that, the Wiki seems to be doing much well, in terms of updates and changes. Wiki Masters and contributors, keep up the good work!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 27, 2014 wrote:
I see that progress is doing quite well on the P101 Central Wiki so far. Nice that it's getting up to date on the latest changes.

Although it is nice to see the P101 Central Wiki's progress is working well, I've yet to see the much of the new Skull Island expansion quests and selected revised quests from other worlds worked in. If anyone's been through the previous quests before they were extended greatly, you might as well go through them once again. There's plenty of quest goals and dialogue images that needs updating.

Plus, what has become of the old "retired" quests? Shouldn't there be a place for former quests that were in before changes were made, for instance, the former "three rats" quests? I know they weren't truly adventurous as we thought before they got extended very greatly, but shouldn't they be at least preserved for memories? I hope anyone hasn't forgotten about them... uh... not that I'm worried about it or anything, mind you. Just thought it would be a good idea to preserve them for memories. You understand this, right?

Other than that, the Wiki seems to be doing much well, in terms of updates and changes. Wiki Masters and contributors, keep up the good work!
Trimond, you are absolutely correct in saying that the wiki has been progressing quite nicely. A lot of people, aka- fellow players, have been doing a fabulous job of working hard to make the wiki a great source for all things Pirate101. A few things that you need to keep in mind though & have patience about are:

The updates just recently came out & there is a ton of editing, contributing, changing, tossing out completely & updating that needs to take place just in regards to the updates. This doesn't take into account all of the previous content that was already unaccounted for in the wiki. It is a great work in progress.

Just think about all of the work that needs to be done. Pets have been completely overhauled, companions have changed dramatically- some actually talents & stats and in regards to the new Task System. All of the Power and Talent cards have changed in appearance & stat info, so they all need to be changed in the wiki. There is new terminology & descriptions on almost all gear & weapon cards that needs updating. Let's not forget all of the new items added to the game, new locations, quests, NPCs, Companions, Task descriptions, Pet Talents/Powers, dialogues, images for EVERYTHING, new drops & housing items, pet snacks....etc., etc., etc., & etc.

In regards to stating, "I've yet to see the much of the new Skull Island expansion quests and selected revised quests from other worlds worked in", my response is, patience 'young grasshopper'. Just like Rome, the Wiki wasn't built in a day. You have to remember that a great many players have already maxed out all of their pirates & long since passed those areas of the game. It will surely take some time for all of those quests, quest dialogues, quest images, quest related NPCs, quest locations & other quest related info to be added to the wiki as players do indeed revisit those quests & areas of the game. So, to use one of your quotes,
'You understand this, right?'

Since you appear to visit the wiki quite often, you surely may have noticed that most of Cool Ranch, MooShu & a lot of Aquila has yet to even have many of their quest goals, dialogues, images, rewards & such added....as well as some from Skull Island, Monquista, Port Regal & Valencia. So there already was sooo much to do before the updates even came out. Adding the updates, (and let's face it- they were more than just updates, they were complete changes to many aspects & dynamics of the game) just added to the mass amount of work needed to be done to the wiki. But as you stated, there are lots of great people (and again I say fellow players) & wiki masters working hard to keep things progressing and moving forward.

I am sure at some point in time there will be an 'Old Quest Graveyard' of sorts, but in the present there are bigger fish to fry. But it is a good idea & it would be nice to revisit those old memories that you spoke of.

So again I say, feel free to lend a hand & help your fellow players get the wiki up to speed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Trimond, you are absolutely correct in saying that the wiki has been progressing quite nicely. A lot of people, aka- fellow players, have been doing a fabulous job of working hard to make the wiki a great source for all things Pirate101. A few things that you need to keep in mind though & have patience about are:

The updates just recently came out & there is a ton of editing, contributing, changing, tossing out completely & updating that needs to take place just in regards to the updates. This doesn't take into account all of the previous content that was already unaccounted for in the wiki. It is a great work in progress.

Just think about all of the work that needs to be done. Pets have been completely overhauled, companions have changed dramatically- some actually talents & stats and in regards to the new Task System. All of the Power and Talent cards have changed in appearance & stat info, so they all need to be changed in the wiki. There is new terminology & descriptions on almost all gear & weapon cards that needs updating. Let's not forget all of the new items added to the game, new locations, quests, NPCs, Companions, Task descriptions, Pet Talents/Powers, dialogues, images for EVERYTHING, new drops & housing items, pet snacks....etc., etc., etc., & etc.

In regards to stating, "I've yet to see the much of the new Skull Island expansion quests and selected revised quests from other worlds worked in", my response is, patience 'young grasshopper'. Just like Rome, the Wiki wasn't built in a day. You have to remember that a great many players have already maxed out all of their pirates & long since passed those areas of the game. It will surely take some time for all of those quests, quest dialogues, quest images, quest related NPCs, quest locations & other quest related info to be added to the wiki as players do indeed revisit those quests & areas of the game. So, to use one of your quotes,
'You understand this, right?'

Since you appear to visit the wiki quite often, you surely may have noticed that most of Cool Ranch, MooShu & a lot of Aquila has yet to even have many of their quest goals, dialogues, images, rewards & such added....as well as some from Skull Island, Monquista, Port Regal & Valencia. So there already was sooo much to do before the updates even came out. Adding the updates, (and let's face it- they were more than just updates, they were complete changes to many aspects & dynamics of the game) just added to the mass amount of work needed to be done to the wiki. But as you stated, there are lots of great people (and again I say fellow players) & wiki masters working hard to keep things progressing and moving forward.

I am sure at some point in time there will be an 'Old Quest Graveyard' of sorts, but in the present there are bigger fish to fry. But it is a good idea & it would be nice to revisit those old memories that you spoke of.

So again I say, feel free to lend a hand & help your fellow players get the wiki up to speed.
Yes. I understand. All these editing and changes to the Wiki you said takes loads of time, even new ones.

Your saying of "Rome wasn't built in a day." does make a good point. I'm not being impatient or anything, mind you. Just making sure how progress was doing.

Previously, I thought it seemed to be slightly slow a few weeks after Pirate101 was launched over 2 years ago, considering that it and the game was just new and all, but right now, it's getting to be quite a bit faster than I thought as time went on.

I just tend to visit there from time to time to see how it's doing so far, and from the looks of it, it's looking real nice.

Yes, of course, there are bigger fish to fry, but I was suggesting the new place to put the former quests there for memories be passed on to the Wiki Masters and contributors. Still, I understand that much has to be done before that can happen.

Your elaborations are well appreciated, and I respect that. And while it is nice of you to offer, I'm just more content with being the best adventuring pirate I can be.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Yes. I understand. All these editing and changes to the Wiki you said takes loads of time, even new ones.

Your saying of "Rome wasn't built in a day." does make a good point. I'm not being impatient or anything, mind you. Just making sure how progress was doing.

Previously, I thought it seemed to be slightly slow a few weeks after Pirate101 was launched over 2 years ago, considering that it and the game was just new and all, but right now, it's getting to be quite a bit faster than I thought as time went on.

I just tend to visit there from time to time to see how it's doing so far, and from the looks of it, it's looking real nice.

Yes, of course, there are bigger fish to fry, but I was suggesting the new place to put the former quests there for memories be passed on to the Wiki Masters and contributors. Still, I understand that much has to be done before that can happen.

Your elaborations are well appreciated, and I respect that. And while it is nice of you to offer, I'm just more content with being the best adventuring pirate I can be.
I fully understand Trimond and respect that you wish to refrain from contributing to the wiki. After all it is an option and is not for everyone out there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with just wanting to stick to your piratin' ways and I wish you the best of luck in the game and with everything else.

Your post made me want to make it a mission to get some of those new quests and dialogues added to the wiki. So I am going to do my best to try and get some of them in real soon, for our fellow pirates to enjoy. I think a lot of contributors are trying to get the new info updated so that all of the templates and such have been put into place and to also take a big chunk out of the new content- to avoid falling too far behind, in case even more new stuff is added.

So, when I contribute I tend to look for older, missing things to try to help in that department or just anything new that I come across in the current moment. But I surely would like to see some of the new quests added and hope to help out with that. I already have folders and folders on my computer of things to update/contribute/add......I unfortunately am just lacking the time to do so with all of my own adventures with my family.

I think the idea of a new place for older, former quests is a great one and I really believe that something like that will be added in the future. It would be great to have those "remember when" moments and memories to revisit.

Well, good luck with your own adventures- in the game and in life!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I fully understand Trimond and respect that you wish to refrain from contributing to the wiki. After all it is an option and is not for everyone out there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with just wanting to stick to your piratin' ways and I wish you the best of luck in the game and with everything else.

Your post made me want to make it a mission to get some of those new quests and dialogues added to the wiki. So I am going to do my best to try and get some of them in real soon, for our fellow pirates to enjoy. I think a lot of contributors are trying to get the new info updated so that all of the templates and such have been put into place and to also take a big chunk out of the new content- to avoid falling too far behind, in case even more new stuff is added.

So, when I contribute I tend to look for older, missing things to try to help in that department or just anything new that I come across in the current moment. But I surely would like to see some of the new quests added and hope to help out with that. I already have folders and folders on my computer of things to update/contribute/add......I unfortunately am just lacking the time to do so with all of my own adventures with my family.

I think the idea of a new place for older, former quests is a great one and I really believe that something like that will be added in the future. It would be great to have those "remember when" moments and memories to revisit.

Well, good luck with your own adventures- in the game and in life!
That I know. Just try not to overwork yourself.

Uh... same to you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hey, P101 Central Wiki contributors out there. Just a small quick heads-up on the Wiki's page on Chapter Pricing. After the latest update went to Live, much of Book 1's chapters and descriptions are quite out of date right about now. In addition, there's no new Book 1 Prologue parts about The Golden Hook and A Shark in the Fold. Looks like nothing's changed there... yet, from what I've looked at there. If anyone's up to it, please give Book 1's Chapter descriptions a good fresh update so it would reflect the changes made today. Again, a quick heads-up on the changes made to the game.