Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 70 swashbuckler weapon choices

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 11, 2016
Hello, I'm a relatively longtime player but new to the message boards, so I apologize if there was already a post on this topic. Now, I was wondering what weapons a max level swashbuckler should use, with a relatively unorthodox weapon style I typically use heavier weapons to maximize base damage output, but considering some of the stats on the Haywire Dungeon and Ashes of the Armada weapons, which should I use, I'm not looking to start "this weapon is better than that" arguments, but I just want to kinda hear some other player's opinions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Valkoor the Swashb... on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Hello, I'm a relatively longtime player but new to the message boards, so I apologize if there was already a post on this topic. Now, I was wondering what weapons a max level swashbuckler should use, with a relatively unorthodox weapon style I typically use heavier weapons to maximize base damage output, but considering some of the stats on the Haywire Dungeon and Ashes of the Armada weapons, which should I use, I'm not looking to start "this weapon is better than that" arguments, but I just want to kinda hear some other player's opinions?
Welcome to the message Boards, Valkoor the Swashbuckler! I always feel that to maximize base damage output you should play with your class's damage: mainly, your Agility! Look for gear and weapons that enhance your Agility stat and you won't need heavy weapons, plus you'll lose out on Fan's buff if you don't have an agility weapon equipped.Bucklers aren't intended to use heavy smashy weapons.
I use the Moonlight Daggers from the Ashes pack and I now have riposte 4 from that.

Ensign
Jun 11, 2016
I thank you for your insight, also (though this may just be a prediction since it said "5,999 posts," but whatever) congratulations on reaching 6,000 posts.