Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

KIs mistake

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I just had a thought if you go hidden during battle and sneak attack someone isn't it over kill I did this and it's better than my mojo reaver guys think it's not right

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I just had a thought if you go hidden during battle and sneak attack someone isn't it over kill I did this and it's better than my mojo reaver guys think it's not right
It's not a mistake. Swashbuckler's are supposed to have the highest attack damage, and the hidden sneak attack is our best move. It's very much supposed to do more damage than any other class' attacks, without it, Swashbucklers somewhat lose half the abilities that make them unique. Turning invisible and then attacking with a backstab or any other attack is largely the core strategy for any swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
The Swashbucklers have a great ability to do immense amounts of damage. As my Privateer, I had a hidden and a x3 power and it did over 2000 damage. A good way to avoid a Swashbucklers hidden powers is to use an AoE on them. The AoE will take away their hidden before they have time to strike.

Hope this helps!! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Every class has it's strengths and weaknesses. They cannot all be exactly alike. Some will excel in areas and not in some. It all balances out in the end but if they could all do the same things it would get boring really fast, in my opinion.

Captain
May 13, 2011
well damage IS a swashbucklers strength after all. this just makes you sound like one of those people who want to make their favorite class superior

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Did you compare targets? Sneak/Backstab is defended by armor, but some swashbuckler weapons offer armor piercing. Reaver ignores all armor and is defended by Will.

Depending upon targets, witchdoctors may not get high numbers with Reaver against other witchdoctors or Privateers, but should get high numbers against classes that typically have low Will stats (Bucs, Musks, and Swash).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yeah but I have sneak attack and hidden its not hard so I think my class is already awesome witchdoctors btw its just that anyone can get it just go hidden and use sneak attack no need for mojo reaver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oran from Urz on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
Did you compare targets? Sneak/Backstab is defended by armor, but some swashbuckler weapons offer armor piercing. Reaver ignores all armor and is defended by Will.

Depending upon targets, witchdoctors may not get high numbers with Reaver against other witchdoctors or Privateers, but should get high numbers against classes that typically have low Will stats (Bucs, Musks, and Swash).
That's a great point. Not many take the time to think about that. Good catch.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012