KI got their geography wrong

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
So on their social pages they teased Calabria Skyway, if Calabria Skyway contains Florenza then the geography is off, Florenza is a province of Tuscany, Tuscany is north of Rome whereas the state of Calabria is south of Rome near the iconic boot shape, unless KI is planning on 2 sky ways in this expansion I will be really displeased with this error

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
SpellBinder Darius on May 7, 2016 wrote:
So on their social pages they teased Calabria Skyway, if Calabria Skyway contains Florenza then the geography is off, Florenza is a province of Tuscany, Tuscany is north of Rome whereas the state of Calabria is south of Rome near the iconic boot shape, unless KI is planning on 2 sky ways in this expansion I will be really displeased with this error
Since when has KI been 100% accurate in history or culture? They use bits and pieces from all around the world, their cultures and modern "popular" media to invoke a feeling of a world with some familiar bits that we can relate to.
It doesn't matter one bit to the story that Calabria is south and Florenza is north. It "evokes" Italy without having to give a geography lesson.

Developer
Not to mention the fact that Cool Ranch is obviously based on the Old West, which is actually on the North American continent, and NOT on half a dozen floating islands connected by glowing ribbons of light.

Talk about a geography goof!

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
135
Ratbeard on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Cool Ranch is obviously based on the Old West, which is actually on the North American continent, and NOT on half a dozen floating islands connected by glowing ribbons of light.

Talk about a geography goof!
My sarcasm meters are off the charts, you cheeky, peg-legged rat.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
Ratbeard on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Cool Ranch is obviously based on the Old West, which is actually on the North American continent, and NOT on half a dozen floating islands connected by glowing ribbons of light.

Talk about a geography goof!
If that's all you're worried about in Cool Ranch, then it may be a waste of time to point out the mishmash of Native American cultures represented by the Bison:
Eastern coast wigwams
Plains Tipis
and
Hidasta/Inuit totem poles.
Mohawk hair styles and Lakota Sioux clothes

Don't get me started on MooShu.......

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
anecorbie on May 8, 2016 wrote:
Since when has KI been 100% accurate in history or culture? They use bits and pieces from all around the world, their cultures and modern "popular" media to invoke a feeling of a world with some familiar bits that we can relate to.
It doesn't matter one bit to the story that Calabria is south and Florenza is north. It "evokes" Italy without having to give a geography lesson.
I suppose so but when your going to get a highly regarded province of Italy which bathes in wealth and throw it into a state littered with Mafia and poor cultures it doesn't exactly add up when you try to put a city into another state

At least with other worlds the names are not based off of the real world

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Ratbeard on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Cool Ranch is obviously based on the Old West, which is actually on the North American continent, and NOT on half a dozen floating islands connected by glowing ribbons of light.

Talk about a geography goof!
I am laughing and rolling my eyes so hard that I think I may have sprained something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9182
SpellBinder Darius on May 10, 2016 wrote:
I suppose so but when your going to get a highly regarded province of Italy which bathes in wealth and throw it into a state littered with Mafia and poor cultures it doesn't exactly add up when you try to put a city into another state

At least with other worlds the names are not based off of the real world
Marleybone is filled with place names in real world England. This includes districts of the City of London - not only the name of the world but Westminster & the Isle of Dogs, as well as Trafalgar Square ( yes, I know that it's named after a famous battle as well. )
So is Skull Island which is supposed to reflect the Carribean, ( part of the Atlantic Ocean ) yet has included Rapa Nui ( the native name for Easter Island ) which is in the Pacific Ocean.
Education isn't part of KI's corporate mission, entertainment is.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
Ratbeard on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Cool Ranch is obviously based on the Old West, which is actually on the North American continent, and NOT on half a dozen floating islands connected by glowing ribbons of light.

Talk about a geography goof!
So you mean someone goofed up on all the worlds? Tsk tsk...

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
anecorbie on May 10, 2016 wrote:
Marleybone is filled with place names in real world England. This includes districts of the City of London - not only the name of the world but Westminster & the Isle of Dogs, as well as Trafalgar Square ( yes, I know that it's named after a famous battle as well. )
So is Skull Island which is supposed to reflect the Carribean, ( part of the Atlantic Ocean ) yet has included Rapa Nui ( the native name for Easter Island ) which is in the Pacific Ocean.
Education isn't part of KI's corporate mission, entertainment is.
Ok I see, I will leave it at that, it's probably just because I want this update to be perfect but I see it doesn't matter, thanks for your advice