Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just Noticed - tip of the Hat to Doctor who?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 17, 2012
My primary pirate, Kai Cormac, just started the quest 'Marleybone Steel', in which you're directed to go speak to a Dr. Nation about reactivating machines named War Golems.

Hmm.. I wonder, inspired by the late Terry Nation, writer for 'Doctor Who'? Mr. Nation did create one of the most enduring (and most popular) 'Doctor Who' villains of all time, the terrible and relentless Daleks.

I love the little in-jokes and name puns throughout the game almost as much as I love seeing each new world appear in all its glory. I hope to sail the Spiral till I'm 99! (Which means you guys have to keep Pirate 101 going at least another 40 years.)

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Yuugi Motoh on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
My primary pirate, Kai Cormac, just started the quest 'Marleybone Steel', in which you're directed to go speak to a Dr. Nation about reactivating machines named War Golems.

Hmm.. I wonder, inspired by the late Terry Nation, writer for 'Doctor Who'? Mr. Nation did create one of the most enduring (and most popular) 'Doctor Who' villains of all time, the terrible and relentless Daleks.

I love the little in-jokes and name puns throughout the game almost as much as I love seeing each new world appear in all its glory. I hope to sail the Spiral till I'm 99! (Which means you guys have to keep Pirate 101 going at least another 40 years.)
Then you must be 59!

Ensign
Feb 17, 2012
Sniper Rose on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Then you must be 59!
Maybe --Okay, I'll admit to being in my 50's. But no fair trying to figure out how far in!