Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Join up versus team up

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Until this past weekend I had tried the team up a few times only to have pirates who either left when they encountered the difficulty or right after the five fight.
I had vowed that the laughing cow would feel my wraith.This weekend I got lucky and a friend who I have been morphing with invited me along on his first run. This turned out to but quite fun as we had a great group. Thank you Valkoor, Chrissy and Esperanza I was finally able to have a Gouda time and turn that laughing cow into Swiss cheese with my hot pepper gun. Next time I'll bring Monterey Jack and let Moo Havarti it.
The run was a success but I didn't really get good items ok some good but not the epic drops. I did have fun

The next day I used the Team Up button and made it to the top but along the way I endured 2 of the pirates bickering the whole time. One pirate was late into each fight so we were starting with just 3 of us. Another one was being very defeatist the phrase were gonna die was heard each fight. Finally hours later we made it to the fight with moo and one pirate left after joining the fight about 10 minutes after it started. One pirate died at the start and another ran up by moo and stayed there was determined he would slay the Bull of the ball. The short of this agonizing run was we rounded Moo up and this time all the drops were epic

So I know that 2 runs don't give me a good idea of how the drops work but not sure I like the trend I've encountered. The run where we joined up good players all, fun time The Team up I had to endure, great drops.
Oh well I guess that's just like life It isn't worth it unless you have to work for it

Ensign
May 16, 2011
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Until this past weekend I had tried the team up a few times only to have pirates who either left when they encountered the difficulty or right after the five fight.
I had vowed that the laughing cow would feel my wraith.This weekend I got lucky and a friend who I have been morphing with invited me along on his first run. This turned out to but quite fun as we had a great group. Thank you Valkoor, Chrissy and Esperanza I was finally able to have a Gouda time and turn that laughing cow into Swiss cheese with my hot pepper gun. Next time I'll bring Monterey Jack and let Moo Havarti it.
The run was a success but I didn't really get good items ok some good but not the epic drops. I did have fun

The next day I used the Team Up button and made it to the top but along the way I endured 2 of the pirates bickering the whole time. One pirate was late into each fight so we were starting with just 3 of us. Another one was being very defeatist the phrase were gonna die was heard each fight. Finally hours later we made it to the fight with moo and one pirate left after joining the fight about 10 minutes after it started. One pirate died at the start and another ran up by moo and stayed there was determined he would slay the Bull of the ball. The short of this agonizing run was we rounded Moo up and this time all the drops were epic

So I know that 2 runs don't give me a good idea of how the drops work but not sure I like the trend I've encountered. The run where we joined up good players all, fun time The Team up I had to endure, great drops.
Oh well I guess that's just like life It isn't worth it unless you have to work for it
Tell that to the hand Jeffrey.
I have done the tower many many times now with all six of my characters. Some great runs with friends and some woeful ones with team up. I would have to classify myself as a reasonable gamer but boy oh boy I have not had much luck at all with the drops. I should clarify that though because my musket does have the N5 musket weapon. All the others have several of the other weapons that are useless to them. I do not have any staff of power either.
So working hard for it doesn't seem to work for me lol.

Both my buck and privy are on their way to getting the 25 tower run badge too, but absolutely positively no luck at all.

By the way I think the 25 tower run badge should be called "Certifiably Insane"

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I am glad you made it through and found it fun. Sorry you had to deal with bickering.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:

That sure was a great time Jeffrey and nice, cheesy puns there-- had me falling out my chair onto my dairy-ere! That was a nice way to finally start my Stormin' the Tower career-- what a great and fun group to share my very first, Non-Solo (no relation to Han) Moo Mashin' tower run with.

And yeah, you're right. We didn't really get anything good, gear wise, but I was at least able to contribute to about 8 more morphing attempts, because of the great gold. The Buccaneer gear I got was ok, but nothing that would make me want to replace my current gear, even though it did give 2 powers instead of my current 1-- just not powers I really want to use at the moment. Plus the 2 Buccaneer pieces of gear I got, were both Boots and gave the exact same 2 powers, but just had a different name. Still an epically fun time shared with the 3 of you and I would gladly take a pleasant tower run with good friends & no great gear, over a 2+ hour bad experience tower run while getting amazing gear. The gear doesn't matter as much to me as the company and the great friends do. You guys and gals friendship can stick with me in real-life, the gear surely can't.

But I sure can't wait to pay our Ol' Nemooosis another visit, hopefully some time soon, and yeah, I wouldn't mind some of that awesome gear as well.