Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

J. Todd Coleman is leaving ;(

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
This is the form where we say goodbye to Mr. Coleman. We say farewells to him and J. Tod Coleman, plz still play P101! We would all want to meet you now you have more time in P101 and hopefully add pirates. My two pirates are Jacob Freeman lvl 50 and William Roland lvl 8 so if you can add these and I wish you goodbye and when you announce a book or a game I would want it and if you make books it could come with a code for a random amount of Membership and Crowns si you'll still be a good part of KI and plus we don't wanna miss you like when Notch from Minecraft, you might compete against Mojang, Creator of Minecraft in the future. Best of luck to whatever you do and you to KI and still be a great gaming studio and let your 101 game's keep on getting better!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Mr. Coleman is leaving? Well by all means where did you get this information???

That is truly sad if true that the father of Wizard101 and Pirate101 is leaving!!!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Since I do not use Facebook (or Twitter), I guess I will say what I must here.

Mr. Coleman, it is with the presence of Wizard101 and Pirate101 that many a dream took hold in the community, starting websites, drawing pictures, and telling their own tales based on the games that they hold dear. Wherever you go, I'm positive that great things will come out of it - keep us posted! It is with a heavy heart and a pirate's grin (the pirate part coming into play with the lacking of a few teeth) that I wish you good winds.

Long live the 101 dream!

D.S. Devereaux
Player of KI Games for Three Years (and a die-hard fan, too!)

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:

That is truly sad if true that the father of Wizard101 and Pirate101 is leaving!!!
Sadly it is true, he's apparently leaving to start his own company and create new games. I wish him the best of luck in his future adventures.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Hearty thanks fer th' spectacular team effort 'n J Todd Coleman, look ahead to what ye may be dreamin' up next!

farewell letter from wizard101

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4173c6c9487013c726ed7e6213b

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:

Got it from the Cap. Log.
Jacob Freeman is still .

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
That is true, at least Jacob will stay...

It is truly hard to say good by Mr. Coleman, even though you don't know most of us, you are a hero. You have helped children across the world have their dreams come true. While the children discovered they would never get their letter from Hogwarts, you personally gave them the experience as best you could. You went on to create a sequel that will surely end as just or more successful than your first. You and Mr. Freeman created a safe online world of adventure and amazement. You brought in one of the best communities I have ever seen. And to finish it all, you never gave up.

Before you go, look at your accomplishments:

-You started a small MMO with 1,000,000 players (Yes, on my old wizard account I was playing before Fiona Ashblood).

-You created a company of more than 100 employees.

-You and the team finished 11 WORLDS on Wizard101 in 5 years! (Phew!)

-You made two highly successful games that brought families together.

Goodbye Mr. Coleman, and you will surely be seeing me trying your new games in the future

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:

It is truly hard to say good by Mr. Coleman, even though you don't know most of us, you are a hero. You have helped children across the world have their dreams come true. While the children discovered they would never get their letter from Hogwarts, you personally gave them the experience as best you could. You went on to create a sequel that will surely end as just or more successful than your first. You and Mr. Freeman created a safe online world of adventure and amazement. You brought in one of the best communities I have ever seen. And to finish it all, you never gave up.

-You started a small MMO with 1,000,000 players (Yes, on my old wizard account I was playing before Fiona Ashblood).

Goodbye Mr. Coleman, and you will surely be seeing me trying your new games in the future
I gotta clear this up. I'm not part of the KI team but I do want the community to be happy. Best of luck J. Todd Coleman to wherever the winds of trade will take you. Farewell to wherever you may be! I'm also gonna be a member of Pirate101 and am planning to join KI when I'm older. It sounds you love KI's games. I didn't make a small MMO, I didn't create a company of more than 100 employees and I think it's over 200 now. I din't do any of the worlds, and thus on my behalf, I'm sending ideas and love posting a lot. Hope my friend Vanessa see's this as I want to be a community leader. Please make me one.
P. S Freeman isn't my last name, it's my in game name.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
I'm a little confused. Along with J. Todd Coleman, who is the other co. creater? I thought it was Tom Hall, then I heard of a Josef Hall and now it's Jacob Freeman. Can someone please help me straighten this out? Thanks!

It is a pity that Mr. Coleman is moving on to greener pastures and bigger skies and he will be very missed from the vigourous school of Ravenwood to the rowdy beaches of Skull Island and many other lands to be discovered. I can only hope that where ever he goes, it will be a new exciting and positive experience!

I thank you for creating two amazing games with probably the best story lines since...the last good book I've read lol. Let the stories live on!

...And may the Spiral be ever in your favor!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:

It is very sad to hear Todd leave Kingsisle. I was touched... deeply touched. Sure we may feel sad about this, but we musn't let that weigh us down. We may get sad news once in a while, but we are emotionally tough. We cannot let a sad thought like that keep us from playing. We must keep pressing on.

Accurate correction: he created a company of more than 200 employees and still climbing.

Pirate101 is not, I repeat, NOT a sequel. It is a sibling MMO to Wizard101.

We'll keep on going, even if it is to be without Todd around Kingsisle. Sure, he made the greatest games to date, but I'm sure he's got other projects to do. There will always be new worlds for Wizard101 and Pirate101, too.

Wizard101 so far does have 11 Worlds, which is an amazing number! One more World added, and we get a literal dozen so far.

Keep on going, everyone. We'll have many more adventures in both games later on, and beyond. I wish Todd the best of luck in his next endavors! All of Kingsisle wishes him luck, and they will make him proud to press onward without him! Count on that.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
I'm a little confused. Along with J. Todd Coleman, who is the other co. creater? I thought it was Tom Hall, then I heard of a Josef Hall and now it's Jacob Freeman. Can someone please help me straighten this out? Thanks!

It is a pity that Mr. Coleman is moving on to greener pastures and bigger skies and he will be very missed from the vigourous school of Ravenwood to the rowdy beaches of Skull Island and many other lands to be discovered. I can only hope that where ever he goes, it will be a new exciting and positive experience!

I thank you for creating two amazing games with probably the best story lines since...the last good book I've read lol. Let the stories live on!

...And may the Spiral be ever in your favor!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler
The head creator is Josef Hall. This also happened when Notch (1st creator of Minecraft) handed it over to Jeb Bergastain but what's different is that he just downgraded.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
does this mean p101 and w101 is gonna shut down or still run?

i miss mr coleman :(

Jordan armstrong. Lvl 18

Administrator
jordan35884 on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
does this mean p101 and w101 is gonna shut down or still run?

i miss mr coleman :(

Jordan armstrong. Lvl 18
Pirate101 and Wizard101 will definitely still keep going! As we stated in the official announcement:

"As for KingsIsle, we have a clear roadmap of exciting world and system updates for Wizard101 and Pirate101 over the next several years. Additionally, we have multiple unannounced projects underway that we believe will further establish KingsIsle as a leader in the online family entertainment space."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Todd NOOOOO! He was a good creator he is also the reason why we are here on this game because he brought it to us. Farewell Todd have a nice time in life.

Sneaky Jonathan L17